The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TDT Speculation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower1 709 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-15, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TDT Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-15 AT 09:16 AM (EST)

Our old friend TDT, has tweeted out some serious speculation that I am on board with. Last week, when Jenn played that idol, it was 8 vs 4, just as it was in Cook Islands when Penner and Candice stepped off the Aitu mat and stepped onto the Rarotonga mat. Against ALL odds, the Aitu all made it to F4. It really was the penultimate underdog story. I got the same feeling last episode when Jenn played her idol to get out Kelly, Mike's right hand woman. 3 girls and an "Ozzy" type character, Joe.

Everyone is speculating that it will be definitely one of the no collars this week, but it just doesn't fit for me. And, I constantly have to ask myself, why is Jiffy so excited about this season? He certainly wouldn't be if it was a straight pagonging. So, I am totally on board with everything True Dork Times has to say! Bring it! Well done, Jeff!

Speculation regarding the idols from this point: Worth a double vote!!!
CTGirl....hold on to your hat, because you and I are loving this speculation....

From TDT, True Dork Times, clearly, I love this guy....

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s30/baker/e7.htm

It FITS.

*ETA: This is a column that TDT posts at his site, True Dork Times, by Andy Baker.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TDT Speculation kingfish 04-06-15 1
   CHRIS Dougherty Flowerpower1 04-06-15 2
 RE: TDT Speculation CTgirl 04-06-15 3
 Further speculation Flowerpower1 04-07-15 4
   RE: Further speculation kingfish 04-07-15 5
       RE: Further speculation Outsider32 04-08-15 6
 RE: TDT Speculation Outsider32 04-15-15 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 18208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-15, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TDT Speculation"
Well Dougherty, the last male, vs. all the rest of the survivors (all female, and all teamed up to get rid of the males first) on Vanuatu, and winning, was a pretty big underdog success too.

But I like that spec too. Which, if you've been closely following my dismal record in Dabo's voting thread, is very likely the kiss of death.

And I dearly wish I'd thought of "Criminals vs. Kardashians".

Great quote regarding Joaquin, "In a season full of cannons, he was the fodder."

A lot of great quotes, actually.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-06-15, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "CHRIS Dougherty"
OMG, how could I forget Vanuatu!!! Chris is the MAN, and really one of my very favorite winners. He certainly was the king of underdogs!

CTgirl 7381 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-15, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TDT Speculation"
I like this spec FloPo!

I really want the underdogs to prevail and I think that desire is editing manipulation. I just can't figure out how they all get to end game - would love if this spec is right!

04-07-15, 08:24 AM (EST)
4. "Further speculation"
Andy Baker's article definitely raises some good points, and it's nice to know that others read the "story" editing as I do. We know that Jiffy loves this season and touts it, which he would not be doing if it was a straight pagonging. Clearly the underdogs are Joe, Jenn, Hali, and Shirin. Some of them could indeed make it to the end.

So, with that in mind, what does happen, or what could happen to prevent a pagonging? I love the speculation of a twist that gave them a double vote. I would think that the idol hidden at the BC camp would be a "plain idol", but the one that is hidden post merge could be the one that will allow them to get a double vote. Or, will both idols allow them to have a double vote now?

We have to remember that there are 2 idols out there. Jenn found her idol looking for the strange weird shaped tree, and Carolyn astutely watched Joaquin and So....so, they would have a leg up to find the BC idol, I think. Then there is the other new one re-hidden. Mike could indeed find one....but, if the RC's could use the idol to vote twice, it could be a different ball game.

Regardless, something happens this season that prevents a pagonging. I don't think Joe will make it to the end, there is no way he can win every challenge, that's a no brainer.

I don't know who will be going next, but I would be surprised if Jenn went this week. Something is going to change, I don't know what it will be yet, but I would like to open discussion regarding it...

I can't help but wonder what Rodney will do...how badly does he want to get revenge on Mike, Dan, and Sierra? How is he going to run the ship? Who will he get to replace Kelly in the line up? Those are questions worth pondering to me as well. So far there are 2 story lines presented in the promos. The first one is Rodney is taking control of the ship, and the other story is the craziness that ensues, led by Mike, to find hidden idols.

I have to wonder if Mike will get wind of Rodney scheming behind his back at one point? Who will Rodney recruit? Will it be a red collar this week, or will it be another bc?

kingfish 18208 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-15, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Further speculation"
All that it would take for the power to shift would be for the NC's to net two fence sitters.

Tyler is definitely looking for more security and Will has to be getting leery of Rodney. Rod is not unlikely to say something that will alienate Will. Will has been shown to be easily alienate-able (re Vince), and Rod is pretty loose in the mouth department.

Carolyn might also be a change candidate, if she can stomach being on the same team as Shirin. But she's pretty pragmatic, so the odds are against her jumping ship to the weaker alliance IMO. Unless somehow she gets a heads up that others are shifting?

Shirin is probably feeling a bit more secure than usual, so it's hard to imagine her shifting to the Blues.

I think Baker's is great spec., and I'd like to see the what the double vote idol would do to shake up things, but something tells me that that's a bit too radical for Survivor, and could be seen as too obvious of a heavy handed attempt at a manipulation to save Jenn, Joe, Hali, and associated TV-ratings.

Outsider32 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-08-15, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Further speculation"
I don't think Cook Islands was all that great of a season tbh or at least it was no Cagayan. Cagayan didn't have a straight pagonging but it had a majority alliance. I think the story is more about Jenn and not Jenn and Hali. Jenn can be the last one left of her side and find a way to get back in the game. Because once its down to Jenn anyway the blues have the advantage and they would need to be targeted.

I hope Hali though does not go to the end with Jenn.

Outsider32 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-15, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TDT Speculation"
I thought more about this but if we are to think a lot of people are rooting for Mike and against Rodney then there could be the battle. Rodney is already plotting Mike's demise and you still have Carolyn, who people are rooting for, part of the game. It doesn't have to be Blue Collar vs.No Collar.

The only way the no collars can be saved is if Rodney goes this week and Jen, Joe, and Shirin can pull back over Will without his biggest ally and also Sierra. Thats the only way the game could change for the better for NC, Rodney would have to go. Carolyn, Tyler, Mike, Dan are not going to let Joe and Jenn get to the end.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •