The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 11268 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-14, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
This thread will be used for all of the 30th Survivor spoiling tidbits that surface before the show gets it's premiere.
While typically the content is usually of the cast reveal and minor possible leaks genre... Including but not limited to generalizations, stereotypical twitter conundrums and a possible CBS snafu. Keep in mind that while this thread starts looooong before the premiere, and will have to be bumped at some point post finale of SJDS, does leave it open to sources.

First and foremost... the premiere; Wednesday, February 24, 2015 | 90 Minute Premiere
If it suddenly changes dates and gets extended to 2 hours, note that it will most likely be 2 eps back-to-back versus an editing dreamland of character development.

We know that Nicaragua is being used again. The same locations blocked off for very similar looking beaches and confessional backgrounds.
From there we have these...

The following were graciously borrowed from the hard work of Fanofsandra at sucks. 174+ pages of typical sucks sludge condensed into 10 items. Somethings to nibble on.

* Possible heavy "shipwrecked" theme with the decor.
* The title of the season is the name of the twist, think "Redemption Island" or "One World".
* There are 18 new contestants. Possibly divided into three tribes.
* It's speculated that they are divided by social class or something similar.
* There are, so far, 7 contestants that have been spoiled:
1) Carolyn Rivera, 53, professional trainer from Tampa, FL
2) Joaquin Souberbielle, 27, marketing worker from New York City, NY
3) Lindsey Cascaddan, 24, hairdresser mom from Orange County area, FL
4) Max Dawson, 37, "Survivor professor" from Los Angeles, CA
5) Nina Poersch, 51, realtor from Los Angeles County area, CA
6) So Kim, 30, retail worker from NYC - she is speculated to be part of the female pair of loved ones that couldn't compete in Survivor: San Juan del Sur
7) Kelsey Moore, 24, Miss Texas USA, El Paso, TX

ALSO:
TDT has some pics of the prospectives.
SurvivorFever has a great compilation page going.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Outsider32 11-22-14 1
 RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... tribephyl 12-19-14 2
   RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Outsider32 12-19-14 3
 RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Brownroach 12-20-14 4
   RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Outsider32 12-20-14 5
       RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... PepeLePew13 12-21-14 6
           RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Brownroach 12-22-14 8
               RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... PepeLePew13 12-22-14 9
                   RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... michel2 12-22-14 10
                       RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... PepeLePew13 12-22-14 11
                           RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... michel2 12-22-14 14
                               RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... tribephyl 12-23-14 17
                   RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... CTgirl 12-22-14 12
                       RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... PepeLePew13 12-22-14 13
                           RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... michel2 12-22-14 15
                               RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... kingfish 12-23-14 16
                                   RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Brownroach 12-24-14 21
                                       RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... tribephyl 12-24-14 22
                                           RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Brownroach 12-26-14 24
                                               RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... kingfish 12-29-14 33
                                               RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... michel2 12-29-14 35
                                                   RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... tribephyl 12-30-14 36
                                               RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... PepeLePew13 01-01-15 39
                   RESULTS! PepeLePew13 12-23-14 18
                       RE: RESULTS! michel2 12-23-14 19
                       RE: RESULTS! Corvis7 01-01-15 38
                           waves at Corvis! tribephyl 01-02-15 40
                   RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Brownroach 12-24-14 20
           RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Outsider32 12-26-14 23
               RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Outsider32 12-26-14 25
                   RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... michel2 12-26-14 26
                       RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoilin... Outsider32 12-28-14 27
                           Minor correction Estee 12-28-14 28
                               RE: Minor correction michel2 12-29-14 29
                                   RE: Minor correction PepeLePew13 12-29-14 30
                                       RE: Minor correction tribephyl 12-29-14 31
                                           RE: Minor correction PepeLePew13 12-29-14 32
                                               RE: Minor correction suzzee 12-30-14 37
                                       RE: Minor correction michel2 12-29-14 34
 Tribes tribephyl 12-21-14 7
   RE: Tribes SpotTheDifference 01-05-15 41
       RE: Tribes suzzee 01-06-15 42
           RE: Tribes SpotTheDifference 01-06-15 43
 I'm calling it Outsider32 02-16-15 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outsider32 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-22-14, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
I think casting gets lazy when they have to find casts for two survivors filming in the same time of year right after the other. I think they decided that S30 needed to have a better cast so they just decided not to care much about S29.

That said there's talk this season is going to be better than this current season and as good or better than Cagayan. However if Max Dawson ends up controlling the game it may not be a good season. And Joaquin seems like someone instantly unlikable to me. Nina and Carolyn neither say winner or late merger, there better be more older women other than them or the season is going to lack that character this season in the late stages.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-19-14, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
7 new castaways found out. 1 removed.
Here's what we have deduced so far...

Blue Collar: Blue

Rodney

Unidentified Male

Dan

??

??

Kelly Remington - 44 - Buffalo, New York - New York State Police Investigator

Dan Foley - 47 - Gorham, Maine - US Postal Service, Jack-of-all-trades

Jenn Brown - ?? - ?? - ??

Rodney Lavoie - ?? - Saugus, Massachusetts - ??

No image available
(Female) - ?? - ?? - ??

No image available
(Male) - ?? - ?? - ??

White Collar: Yellow

Shirin ~ Joaquin

Max

Max ~ So ~ "Ginger Male" ~ Joaquin

Joaquin ~ Shirin ~ Nina

Joaquin Souberbielle - 27 - New York, New York - Marketing

Nina Poersch - 51 - Palmdale, California - Realtor

Max Dawson Ph.D. - 37 - Los Angeles, California -L.A. Based Media Consultant

So Kim - 30 - New York, New York - Retail Purchasing Agent

("Ginger" Male) - ?? - ?? - ??

Shirin Oskooi - 31 - Newport Beach, California - Works for Yahoo

No Collar: Red

Joseph

"Feathers" Male

"AA" Male ~ Sierra ~ Carolyn

Carolyn Rivera - 53 - Tampa, Florida - Professional Trainer

Joseph Anglim - 25 - Scottsdale, Arizona - Surfer

Lindsey Cascaddan - 24 - Winter Park, Florida - Hairstylist

No picture available
("AA" Male) - ?? - ?? - ??

Sierra Dawn Thomas - 27 - Roy, Utah - Model/Professional Barrel Racer/Criminal Justice Student

No picture available
("Feathers" Male) - ?? - ?? - ??

12-19-14, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
So Joaquin is on the white collar tribe? I heard he didn't lose much weight. But like I said a 20 something millenial on the white collar tribe, he won't survive if he makes the merge, People will get sick of him.

Brownroach 15055 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-14, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Another Kelly, another Lindsa/ey, another Sierra, another Dan... I think they should refuse to cast people with the same name as a previous contestant. Or make them change their names. Now we have two Natalies that have won Survivor.

12-20-14, 09:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
If history repeats itself. Lindsey won't make the merge. Sierra is a unique name so I expect her to. Depends what the Dan looks like.

There is some more confirmed names
The ginger is said to be Tyler on the wc tribe. apparently he's an ex-NFL player that played for the raiders and another team(cardinals I think).

PepeLePew13 25527 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-14, 03:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
>Sierra is a unique name so I expect her to.

Not unique on 'Survivor' - Sierra Reed was on S18 in Tocantins. And we've had a Ciera as well.

12-22-14, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
I feel like there have been at least two dozen Kellys thus far.

12-22-14, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-14 AT 07:06 PM (EST)

You'd be surprised to learn there's only been seven Kellys/Kelley in the game (eight if you count Reed Kelly):

Kelly Wiglesworth
Kelly Goldsmith
Kelly Czarnecki
Kelly Sharbaugh
Kelly Bruno
Purple Kelly Shinn
Kelley Wentworth

Would Kel Gleason count on this list? If so, make it eight.

There's been 12 Johns, including variations such as Jon and Jonathan (John Carroll, John Cochran, John Cody, Jon 'Jonny Fairplay' Dalton, John Fincher, John Kenney, Jonathan Libby, Jon Misch, John Palyok, Jonathan Penner, John Raymond, John Rocker, and technically you could add one more for Bobby Jon Drinkard)

ETA: Other common names...

11 - James/variations (James 'Chad' Crittenden, James 'J.T.' Thomas, James Clement, James 'Rocky' Reid, Jimmy Tarantino, Jimmy Johnson, James Miller, Jamie Newton, Jim Rice, Jim Lynch, Jaime Dugan)

8 - Robert/variations (Robert DeCanio, Rob Mariano, Rob Cesternino, Bobby Mason, Bob Crowley, Robb Zbacnik, Bobby Jon Drinkard, Roberta 'RC' Saint-Amour)

7 - Michael (Michael Skupin, Michael 'Frosti' Zernow, Michael Jefferson, Michael Snow, Mike Borassi, Mike Chiesl, Mikey Bortone)
7 - Chris/variations (Chris Daugherty, Christy Smith, Christa Hastie, Christina Cha, Christine Shields Markoski, Krista Klumpp, Kristina Kell)

6 - Matthew (Matthew von Ertfelda, Matt Bischoff, Matt Elrod, Matt Quinlan, Matthew 'Sash' Lenahan, Matty Whitmore)
6 - Katherine/variations (Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, Kathleen Sleckman, Kat Edorsson, Katie Gallagher, Katie Hanson, Katie Collins)

5 - Kim (Kim Johnson, Kim Powers, Kimmi Kappenberg, Kim Mullen, Kim Spradlin)
5 - David (Dave Cruser, David Ball, Dave Johnson, David Murphy, David Samson)
5 - Daniel (Dan Barry, Dan Kay, Danny G.C. Brown, Dan Lembo, Daniel Lue) I put Danni/Danielle in a separate category.

The name with the highest rate of success in the game is Natalie - there's been 4 of them, with their finishes being 1st (Anderson), 1st (White), 3rd (Tenerelli) and 4th (Bolton).

michel2 571 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-22-14, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Great work, Pepe. Do you have all that on an excel sheet? I'd like to know which name was the least successful. I'd guess Nick or Stepha(e)(n)nie. I know there's been some very boring players with these names.

PS. Maybe you can add Mick to the other 7 Michaels. I fear that my namesakes haven't been very good either.

12-22-14, 06:54 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-14 AT 07:03 PM (EST)

Hey michel... I found a list of all players on Wiki in order from Borneo to this past season and then copied it over into Excel, then sorted by first name.

It's hard to say which name might be the least successful - what criteria would we use, i.e. minimum 3 names? 4 names? There were names that were only used once or twice that were successful but too small of a sample size. 4 seemed right which is what I used to determine that Natalie was the most successful name with a 2.25 placing average. Do we want to be strict with names or be flexible with groupings (i.e. lump the two Danielles in with Daniel)?

I could take a stab at determining the least successful names with a minimum of 3 or 4 and see what I can come up with - will have to do this tomorrow as I've got activities for the kids tonight. I've got some free time over the next two days, so why not... this kind of stuff is fun.

12-22-14, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
There has to be more than one or else it's easy: Francesca is the worst, Sandra the best!

2 isn't enough so 3 or 4 would work. I'd go with 4 also. If you want, you could do both a gender specific group of names and then lump the Danielle's with the Dans, the Michelles with the Michaels, etc...

12-23-14, 02:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
and don't forget the Shelly with the Michelle and Michael (as well as Mike and Mikey).

CTgirl 7283 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-14, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Where would you put Jean-Robert from China?

12-22-14, 10:17 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-14 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

Ah, forgot about him!

I could do what I did with Bobby Jon... lump him in with both the Johns and the Roberts, since Jean is French for John. If I'm going to do that, then I should lump in Jeanne Hebert with the "Jo" group (Joe, JoAnn, etc.) since Jeanne is equivalent to Joan.

Completely arbitrary, but hey, let's have fun with these names.

12-22-14, 11:27 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Since Jean is used in many combination French names (Jean-Paul, Jean-Pierre, Jean-Marc, etc...) I'd put Jean Robert with the Roberts. Can't give the big guy more importance than he deserves!

kingfish 18069 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-14, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Technically, Ian, Ivan, Juan, Shawn, Shane, Sean, and Jack are are all forms of John. There have been a few of these on the show.

The list is actually rather long.

12-24-14, 01:51 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-14 AT 01:58 AM (EST)

Jack isn't really a form of John, it's a separate name, though in English-speaking countries some use Jack as a nickname for John. (Jean and Jacques are distinct names in French; as are Giovanni/Giacomo in Italian...)

Well, actually it does seem to be generally considered a derivative of John, and/or of Jacob, at least as far as English usage goes. (But I myself have always thought of it as a name unto itself.)

12-24-14, 02:16 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Yeah, how dare you not consider American Royalty when recalling the use of Jack for John. But then again, maybe 'Jack' was JFK's snapchat nic.

I never understood the Jack/John tie-in but I can see why Jack isn't lumped in with Jake and Jacob. But what about Jay? Are we now judging it on alliterativity?

Bill for Will? Nope. Don't get it. Jill, Phil, Gil?

12-26-14, 00:35 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
I was considering our Camelot prez when I said that in English-speaking countries Jack seems to be used as a John substitute.

I don't know about Jay, that seems again a completely distinct name to me. I also don't get the rationale governing Bill for William, or Dick for Richard, or Bob for Robert...

kingfish 18069 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-14, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
I know a Richard for whom Dick is an appropriate nic.

And just in case you were wondering, he has red hair.

I think his personality was shaped by having to fight in the schoolyard every day.

12-29-14, 11:14 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 12-29-14 AT 11:16 PM (EST)

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080105223027AAKsgSy

12-30-14, 00:57 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Try taking out the s in the http

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080105223027AAKsgSy

and oh, thanks for the answer, mike.

01-01-15, 04:59 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
>I don't know about Jay, that
>seems again a completely distinct
>name to me.

Jay is a diminutive for Jason (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_%28given_name%29) - I know two Jays who both have Jason as their given names, although it's also common for Jay to be used as a given name on its own.

I'm just glad there weren't enough Susans on this list as I'd have to fit in Soo Hok from Borneo.

12-23-14, 04:05 PM (EST)
18. "RESULTS!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-14 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

Here's the results of my 100%, absolutely, completely unscientific research into Survivor contestant names with plenty of liberties taken - I don't have *that* much free time!

Seasonal variations weren't taken into account, such as 16-contestant seasons versus 20 contestant seasons which would skew the numbers a bit for some names. For example, a Sonja would seem to be higher ranked at 16th out of 16 than a Shamar at 17th out of 20, but that's a project for another time to adjust the variations.

I have two lists - for one, there were a fair number of 3-name groupings that had more liberties taken to match them up (i.e. Willard was added in with Bill/Billy, even though their full names do not match) and there were more skewing of numbers so I felt they needed to be in a list of its own. The other is groupings of four-and-up for a name.

Some contestants had repeat seasons, and each season was counted. (x/x) = number of contestants/number of total seasons. So, Rob Mariano would have been counted as (1/4) to be included with the Roberts.

The best? Natalie easily blows everyone else out of the water with an average placing of 2.25 for four contestants. Only Keith and Ken/Kenward, each with 3 contestants averaging 6.00, are even in the same stratosphere.

The worst? Congratulations are in order for Jessica/Jessie (14.00 for four contestants over five seasons) and Bill/Billy/Willard (16.00 for three). No wonder Flicka and Sugar tried to hide behind their nicknames and Billy tried to atone for his name by professing his love for Candice!

On to the rankings...

4+ NAMES

1. Natalie (4/4) - 2.25
2. Jenn- (4/6) - 7.00 Jenna, Jennifer, Jenny
3. Kim (5/5) - 7.20
4. Matthew (6/6) - 7.67
5. Andr- (4/5) 7.90 Andrea, Andrew, Andria 'Dre', Drew
6. Jan- (4/4) - 8.00 Jan, Jane, Janet, Janu
7. Robert/var. (9/14) - 8.07
8. Daniel/le (7/8) - 8.13
9. Katherine/var. (6/8) - 8.38 Kat, Kathy, Kathleen, Katie
10. Jer-/var. (4/6) - 9.00 Jeremiah, Jeremy, Jerri, Jerry
11. Erik/Erica (4/5) - 9.20
12. Chris/Kris/var. (8/8) - 9.38
13. Brandon/Brendan (4/5) - 9.60
14. Alex/var. (6/6) - 9.67 Alex, Alec, Alexis, Alexandra (Allie)
15. Michael/var. (8/9) - 9.83
16. Julie/Julia (4/4) - 10.25
17. Jeff/Jefra (4/4) - 10.75
18. John/var. (14/19) - 10.79
19. Kelly/Kelley (8/8) - 10.88
20. Steph/var. (7/9) - 10.89 Stephen, Steve, Stephenie/Stephanie/Stephannie
21. James/var. (11/14) 11.00
22. David (5/5) - 12.00
23. Joe/Joan/var. (5/5) - 12.40 Joe, Joel, JoAnna, Jeanne
24. Sarah/Sarita (4/4) 12.50
25. Ashley/Ashlee (4/4) - 12.75
26. Jess/var. (4/5) - 14.00 Jessica, Jessie

3 NAMES

1. Keith (3/3) - 6.00
1. Ken/Kenward (3/3) - 6.00
3. Greg/Gregg (3/3) - 7.00
4. Jason/Jaison/Jay (3/3) - 7.67
5. Eliza/Elisabeth/Liz (3/4) - 7.75
6. Lisa (3/3) - 8.50
7. Ben (3/5) - 8.60
8. K/Courtney (3/4) - 9.25
9. Brian/Brianna (3/3) - 9.67
10. Nick/Nicole (3/3) - 11.00
10. Trish/Patricia (3/3) - 11.00
10. Laura (3/4) - 11.00
13. Stacy/Stacey - 12.00
14. Ryan (3/3) - 13.33
15. Will- (3/3) - 16.00

12-23-14, 06:50 PM (EST)
19. "RE: RESULTS!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-14 AT 06:53 PM (EST)

I really like your list, Pepe!

So, according to this list, we should put our money down on Jenn Brown as the most likely to win. Dan and Kelly should leave just around merge time!!

Corvis7 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-01-15, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis7 Click to send private message to Corvis7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: RESULTS!"
As a total Survivor nerd, I loved this! Thanks for doing it.

01-02-15, 02:22 AM (EST)
40. "waves at Corvis!"
HIya, buddy! Glad to see you!

12-24-14, 01:42 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Kel Gleason's full name may not be Kelly. Maybe Kelvin? Or Kelsey? Or maybe just Kel period -- who knows... I wouldn't count him in among the Kell(e)ys.

Nice research, Pepe!

12-26-14, 00:19 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
But she made the merge.

12-26-14, 00:44 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
Also I don't think name variations count. The way the name is shown actually counts.

Like with John, Jon's been successful, the two times it has had Fairplay and Misch. John however's best showing was Carroll in Marquesas and the one in Samoa both placing 9th. The other Johns, the one in Thailand, the two in Vanuatu, Cody in BvW, all failed to even make the merge. Oh, and Rocker who went by John in the edit. However, he looked to be out pre-merge regardless. The one John that does not count is the one who went by his last name and in the edit, Cochran. In fact C names especially with males have a huge success rate on the show that are not brunette. Chris, Cochran, Chase, Carter all show this.

And this season I think its Max, he's the early season favorite due to knowing the show but he also has the name(Cochran, Todd, Yul, Ozzy in terms of it being a standout name on someone who will play the game). Jenn having a picture where some speculate she was giving the finger to So/Joaquin makes me think she doesn't make it to the end but obviously the merge since she's not on the wc tribe or maybe out after the swap.

In fact all the names on the white collar are first time names. Carolyn is also a first time name but it also is the type of name that goes out pre-merge like Jeanne, Sandy, and Gillian.

12-26-14, 11:03 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
What's with eliminating name variations but including hair color? If you are going to talk about men with names starting with C, you have to include Carl Bilancione, Clarence Black, Coby Archa, Cao Boi, Chicken, Chet, Charlie, Colton and Cliff. Yes, that's a successful bunch!!

I think it's much better to keep all the common variations of names together. So what if some parents either can't spell or think their personal way is cuter? Carolyn is only a first time name if you don't count Carolina. Carolina should always count!

12-28-14, 03:54 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Survivor 30: Pre-Season Spoiling"
I will do this since I know the pecking order of every season except RI and pre-merge of OW.

Borneo(female)
Colleen-sort of auburn I think.....6th

Outback
Colby(sandy blond).................2nd

Africa
Clarence(African american).........10th
Carl(dark gray)....................3rd boot

Thailand
Clay(he wore a hat mostly, grayish)...2nd.

Amazon(female)
Christy(sandy blond).................6th.

Pearl Islands(female)
Christa(blonde)......................6th

All Stars
Colby................................12th.

Vanuatu
Chad(bald, wore hat).................8th
Chris(sandy blond)...................1st

Palau(female/male)
Caryn(sandy blond/ashy)..............5th
Coby(brunette).......................9th.

Guatemala(female)
Cindy(blonde).........................5th(who knew her sister would be a VH1 trainwreck)

Panama(female)
Cirie(african american)..............4th
Courtney(sandy blonde)................6th.

Cook(one male, rest female)
Candace(blonde).......................8th
Cao Boi(gray, asian).................6th boot
Ceceilia(latino, brunette)...........3rd boot
Christina(latino, brunette)..........7th boot

Fiji(female)
Cassandra(african american)..........2nd/3rd

China(male/female)
Chicken(I'm not sure)................1st boot
Courtney(blonde).....................2nd.

Micronesia(male/female)
Chet(sandy blond)....................6th boot.
Cirie................................3rd.

I think Chet is different for some reason, probably because of how he came off. He looked like someone who wasn't making the merge).

Gabon(1 male, 2 female)
Charlie(black hair)..................9th
Corrine(brunette)....................7th
Crystal(african american)............6th

Tocantins(1 male, 2 female)
Candace(not sure)....................2nd boot
Carolina(brunette)...................1st boot
Coach(brunette)......................5th

heroes vs villians(3 female, 2 male)
Candace(blond).......................8th
Cirie................................4th boot
Coach................................12th
Colby(sandy blond)...................5th
Courtney(blond)......................11th(likely Candace was more token)

Nicaragua
Chase(blond).........................2nd

SP(female/2 male)
Christine(strawberry blond)..........2nd boot, really finished 13th.
Coach................................2nd
Cochran(redhead).....................8th

OW(of what I know)
Chelsea(sandy blond).................3rd
Colton(auburn).......................13th.

Phillipines
Carter(blond)........................6th

Caramoan(male/female)
Cochran..............................1st
Corrine(lighter than last time)......12th

Blood vs Water(2 male/2 female)
Caleb(sandy blond)...................11th
Candace(blond).......................5th boot
Cierra(black)........................5th
Colton(auburn).......................quitter, out 7th

Cagayan
Cliff(african american)..............5th boot

Not including really second timers and beyond, all blonds except Chet, Caleb and Christine have finished 8th or better and excluding Candace 6th or better. Guys not including Chet and Caleb(those two have something in common) on first go have finished 2nd or 1st with the exception of Carter who finished sixth.

Also african american females have had success. Cirie, Crystal and Cassandra have all done well. 6th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd.

Estee 57044 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-14, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Minor correction"
Chet(sandy blond)....................6th boot.

Chet: sand.

12-29-14, 11:49 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Minor correction"
>Chet(sandy blond)....................6th boot.
>
>Chet: sand.

I thought he was a ball of goo.

12-29-14, 12:38 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Minor correction"
Sand? Goo? So where did the loud thunking sounds on the logs come from, then?

12-29-14, 01:41 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Minor correction"
Chet: Bag of dehydrated doo-doo.

12-29-14, 02:15 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Minor correction"
One of the few Funny 115 entries that actually made me laugh:

http://funny115.com/v2/61.htm

Chet: I hit my head back there.
Joel: I don't care.
Chet: I know.

suzzee 5644 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-14, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Minor correction"

12-29-14, 05:18 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Minor correction"
I don't know, sound effects maybe. You'll have to ask CBS because that's how he was described:

http://www.tv.com/shows/survivor/hes-a-ball-of-goo-1181095/

12-21-14, 09:38 PM (EST)
7. "Tribes"
Masaya
White Collar
Escameca
Blue Collar
Nagarote
No Collar

SpotTheDifference 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-05-15, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Tribes"
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-15 AT 07:56 PM (EST)

Completely unrelated, but wanted to have fun with the tribe names. In Filipino, Masaya translates to "Happy". On the other hand, Nagarote will translate to "Executed by Garrote" (i.e., "Strangled to Death").

suzzee 5644 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-15, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Tribes"
mmm, we'll see how unrelated the translations are at the merge. We'll know if one tribe was happy and if the other was choked out. Hi ya Spot!

I should be watched....closely.

SpotTheDifference 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-06-15, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Tribes"
Haven't been able to pop in due to multiple job changes + a schedule that won't let me watch Survivor until the weekend. That, and the really boring season that was S29.

02-16-15, 09:18 PM (EST)
44. "I'm calling it"
Tyler posted something on Twitter regarding the aforementioned cable guide on here. is it Comcast? Apparently he said it gave away the boot order that listed only the Massaya tribe and I am guessing if he is right, this is the final six. Tyler, So, Carolyn, Max, Shirin, and Joaquin was the order. I think Massaya controls the game with help of an outsider:Rodney. And now you know why Probst loves this season. His alpha males do well.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •