The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-11, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

As Erinn from Tocantins would say, "Who is this Jack@ss?" Even though she said that about Coach. I think it's more than appropriate here.

Speaking of Coach, last night we got the first real exposure from Brandon as he revealed his identity to Coach by revealing his tats.

Is he really "reformed"?
What is the deal with his Mikayla obsession?

I haven't quite figured him out yet. At first, based solely on what I saw in Episode 1, I thought maybe he really is nothing like Russell. Then last night I had to wonder if his whole act is simply a ploy cooked up by him and Russell since, by now, everyone knows Russell's game. Is this an attempt for a Russell win through Brandon?

Brownroach mentioned in the ECST that he has a theory. I would love to hear more.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Starshine 09-22-11 1
   RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz dabo 09-22-11 3
 Carried over from Bashers. Estee 09-22-11 2
   RE: Carried over from Bashers. jbug 09-22-11 16
 RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Brownroach 09-22-11 4
 RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz dabo 09-22-11 5
 RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz kiki_k 09-22-11 6
   RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Addi 09-22-11 7
       RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Starshine 09-22-11 19
   RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz SuperClyde 09-22-11 8
       RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz dabo 09-22-11 9
       RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Blind Freddy 09-22-11 13
           RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz dabo 09-22-11 18
   RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz suzzee 09-23-11 26
 RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz esquire 09-22-11 10
   RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz dabo 09-22-11 11
       RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz emydi 09-22-11 15
           RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz parathor 09-22-11 20
               RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz kiki_k 09-22-11 21
       RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Flowerpower 09-22-11 22
 Just to mention. Estee 09-22-11 12
   RE: Just to mention. emydi 09-22-11 14
       RE: Just to mention. Blind Freddy 09-22-11 17
 RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Outfrontgirl 09-22-11 23
   RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Belle Book 09-22-11 24
       RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz KObrien_fan 09-22-11 25
           RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Outfrontgirl 09-23-11 27
           RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz Belle Book 09-23-11 28
               Pic from Finale of 22 Outfrontgirl 09-24-11 29
                   RE: Pic from Finale of 22 Round Robin 09-25-11 30
                       RE: Pic from Finale of 22 Brownroach 09-27-11 40
                   RE: Pic from Finale of 22 PepeLePew13 09-25-11 31
 Rumored finish. Estee 09-27-11 32
   RE: Rumored finish. KObrien_fan 09-27-11 33
       RE: Rumored finish. PepeLePew13 09-27-11 35
       RE: Rumored finish. Brownroach 09-29-11 50
   RE: Rumored finish. dabo 09-27-11 34
       RE: Rumored finish. Estee 09-27-11 36
           RE: Rumored finish. Brownroach 09-27-11 37
               RE: Rumored finish. Estee 09-27-11 39
   RE: Rumored finish. Brownroach 09-27-11 38
   RE: Rumored finish. udg 09-27-11 41
   RE: Rumored finish. Outfrontgirl 09-27-11 42
       RE: Rumored finish. Estee 09-27-11 43
       RE: Rumored finish. Krautboy 09-27-11 44
           RE: Rumored finish. dabo 09-28-11 45
               RE: Rumored finish. KObrien_fan 09-28-11 47
           RE: Rumored finish. Outfrontgirl 09-28-11 46
               RE: Rumored finish. NedraSue 09-28-11 48
                   RE: Rumored finish. NedraSue 09-29-11 49
                       RE: Rumored finish. dabo 09-29-11 51
                       RE: Rumored finish. Outfrontgirl 09-29-11 52
 Act 3 - The Unveiling Blind Freddy 10-20-11 53
   RE: Act 3 - The Unveiling KObrien_fan 10-20-11 54
       RE: Act 3 - The Unveiling tribephyl 10-20-11 55

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-22-11, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
It seemed to me that he was saying that he couldn't trust himself around Mikayla, so she should go...

Very odd.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
Exactly.

From the Russell playbook he stirred things up, created drama where it didn't need to be, has made a good stab at breaking a tribe that was reasonably solid, is trying to control things. Unlike Russell, he has Coach in a strong control position trying to establish the Coach honor game, and for once Coach has a fairly solid position and is keeping his eccentricities at bay.

The Mikayla thing is pretty much a gossip tactic, he has convinced himself she is a bad girl (though she's done nothing to deserve it) and has now started spreading the rumor. This could easily be resolved with a sit-down, Brandon and Mikayla and a mediator, but it's Survivor so that probably won't happen.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Carried over from Bashers."
"Supposedly there's a post somewhere on the Internet made by Brandon's spouse in which she talks about their relationship: I've seen the Worsters paraguoting it and there might be a link at TwOP, but I can't find the original. Given that, as far as I can track what might have been in it:

He was seventeen when they got married. She was fifteen. The first pregnancy came within a year, and they now have two children.

Her solution to her husband's employment problem was prayer. Lots and lots of prayer. Come to the church, for people pick up day workers in the parking lot.

And the part you may not have been completely expecting: the relationship used to be mutually physically abusive.

Given what happened to Shelly this year based purely on her Janus status, I fully expect a few hundred people to have already tried calling the local child protection agency.

Surprise! There isn't one!"

Combine this with what KOBFan said about RussHell having gone through divorce after his island antics and you might get someone who's afraid of women, the power women might have over him, himself in his interactions with women, and anything which hasn't been given a personal stamp of approval by people who've been dead for roughly two millenia because bad things happen when he lets his brain do its own work. And the instant he slips up, fists begin to fly -- but he does remember to pray for forgiveness after.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Carried over from Bashers."
when he lets his brain do its own work.

which brain are you referring to?

Showin off my win! Thanks Cahaya-wonderful game!

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
My theory goes along with what KObrienFan said here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7719.shtml#38

and I added more in a response to her post.

I wondered briefly too if it were a ploy, but then I think we'd hear him revealing his true gameplan in confessionals.

09-22-11, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
For once this could work out to where Redemption Island is a good thing. Best case scenario, Brandon winds up on RI with Mikayla. He gives in to temptation and makes his move. She beats him to a pulp.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-22-11, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
I think you all are way too kind trying to find a strategic reason to explain Brendon's irrational fear of Mikayla (uncle fell to 2 pretty women, etc). IMO, the guy is a sexist pig who puts the blame on the *woman* for *tempting* him instead of on himself for being tempted. Mikayla has not (at least from what we've seen) used her "womanly wiles" on anyone out there -- it is ALL in Brendon's head because he is lusting after *her,* so therefore, *she* is the dirty bad girl in his mind because he can't admit the truth: he's a creep.

Seriously, the guy gives me the willies the way he talks about Mikayla -- I fully expect to see him tying her to a stake to "burn the witch" next episode.

Addi 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-22-11, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Addi Click to send private message to Addi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
He is a creepy thing.... expect to see him start flogging himself next

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
Well, thank you for that mental image!

SuperClyde 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-22-11, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperClyde Click to send private message to SuperClyde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
So creepy. I just see flashes of Brendon on his knees, holding a bloodied coconut, sobbing and screaming, "Look what you made me dooooo!"

Also, is anyone else thinking there's no way Mikayla would ever contemplate using her "womanly wiles" on Brendon? She seems content with the work-hard/do-well-in-challenges/be-honest-and-loyal strategy. My sympathies are with her for being unwittingly wrapped up in this one-man psychodrama.

09-22-11, 02:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
She's a grown-up tomboy in the hotgirl business, she's been playing the tomboy not the hotgirl in Survivor, playing herself not the image. So, no, I don't think she would consider coming on to any of the players not even on friends with benefits terms. The demented little troll is playing the same disgusting label'em game his uncle did the first time out, it is all in his own head. Drama queen could just as easily have thought Coach was trying to make him.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-22-11, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 03:00 PM (EST)

While in no way justifying/defending Brandon and his Lil Hantz drama and emphatically agreeing that so far (to our knowledge) Mikayla has done nothing to warrant the behavior target placed upon her by Brandon....Mikayla is *no* wallflower. In fact from her Insider videos, she lays out a modified strategic scenerio that is similiar to that which Brandon is so paranoid about.

As transcribed by James Barber and posted at EZbd:
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/86725/South-Pacific-Insider-Episode-1

Mikayla's Insider video from E1
text of interest:
-----------------------------
"In this game, I think I have a very good chance of winning. I do think I have some tendencies that I watched in this past season, somewhat of Boston Rob, to kinda relax with people, but behind the scenes, these wheels are just turning in my head."

"Coming into this game, I do have a strategy. What I'm gonna do, I'm probably gonna team up with somebody of the opposite sex. A guy. I'm gonna have the guy kind of round up the boys. The guy and I are going to go one and two to the end together, we're gonna stick to our guns, we're each gonna drag in 2 or 3 people with us, have them be a little group, or think it's all girls or all guys. We're gonna feel it out. Have them team up on each other. We're gonna try to run the show here. If something's happened, we're gonna roll with the punches. After the merge, we'll try to stick together as a solid group, then just try to whittle down the other tribe, and take it from there."

"Coming into this game, I am single. I'm most likely going to use my flirting to lure guys in and follow what ideas I have. I am kind of a tomboy, so getting me to flirt with somebody is gonna be a little pain, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm definitely gonna use the flirtatiousness to my advantage."
-----------------------

So while Mikayla certainly intends to use her femine wiles, she compares her gameplan to that of Boston Rob as opposed to say that of Parvati or Jerri Manthey. So at least in this confessional, she implies a partnership with a guy to the F2 eating up people along the way(either male or female) as opposed to luring guys into a false alliance and then spitting them out as parvati did so well.

Juz sayin' that while so far, Mikayla has shown no black widow tendencies, she is not without a gameplan that does walk the perimeter of that web that brandon so fears.

<ok back to the regularly scheduled brandon psycho analysis>

09-22-11, 03:37 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 03:39 PM (EST)

No player should start the game with a strategy absolutely set in stone, they need to assess the tribe they are put on and see where they stand. That was where Boston Rob got off to a good start last season.

Mikayla didn't land on a tribe where hotgirl strategy would stand a good chance, she seems to have abandoned that for tomboy and making it as a solid team player. Good for her. Albert and Coach both concept team play, Rick concepts dedication and performance, Edna is all about friendship. It really didn't make any sense that Mikayla's name came up at all as a potential first Upolu boot, Coach nailed it when he said Brandon was trying to get control of the tribe.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
He creeps me out, the editing shots of him peeking from under the branches was enough to want me want to shower, twice. When Coach said he had demons he wasn't kidding. If I were Mikayla I'd walk around with a big stick.

esquire 1089 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-22-11, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 02:32 PM (EST)

What I found to be fascinating about what the portion of TC that was aired, was that Mikayla was the only woman on the tribe to NOT get a vote. That means that everyone had worked it out prior to TC who was getting votes, and no one went with Mikala. Even Brandon abandoned the idea of voting off Mikayla by the TC came around, So, why do the producers spend so much time airing an issue that turns out to be meaningless for purposes of the vote? There must be more Brandon-Mikayla drama to come

09-22-11, 02:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
Christine voted for Edna, probably because Edna is a lousy liar (good for her, may not win Survivor but Edna is essentially an honest person).

Stacey voted for Sophie, no apparent reason except it distances her from Christine. Honestly, it was the guys who failed at their part of the challenge, someone should have thrown that out there.

The rest fell in line with Coach's split vote plan. Albert, Brandon, Coach and Mikayla voted for Christine. Edna, Rick and Sophie voted for Stacey.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
I think Christine did say the men didn't do well at camp...Brandon's name should have come up as vote getter. Christine and Stacey were awful at strategy. At least vote for the same person...and try to get a female alliance going.

I guess Coach talked to Mikayla--don't worry just vote Christine--or why else would she just sit there at TC. If not, then imho she thinks too much of herself--she's no BRob not even close. The only guy I could see her doing the man/woman thing with is Albert. Rick is not that strategic and doesn't fit the mold with her, Coach is too "honest" and Brandon is a hobbit.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-22-11, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
I guess Coach talked to Mikayla--don't worry just vote Christine--or why else would she just sit there at TC.

Coach did talk to her - I think the very last scene before TC, with Coach doing the voice-over, was of a group of people in a circle being sent on their way, and wasnt Mikayla standing tall next to Coach? That's when I figured she was safe at TC.

she's no BRob not even close

Definitely not, but she is a hard worker at camp and in challenges, and seems to come across as someone to cheer for, so she's got at least 3 of the weapons BRob has. She's a little too quiet, though, and hasn't been shown getting her own alliancemate (someone she can put on her back and carry to the finish). Not a lot of options on her on her present tribe, though, like you said.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-22-11, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
I saw that too -- Coach was telling a circle of people which included Mikayla (but not Brandon) that "they" (ie, people not present) were a "bunch of amateurs." So, Coach definitely spoke to Mikayla before TC.

I really, really wish that they had all gotten together & decided to kick that little freak show Brandon out, though. He's definitely more trouble than he's worth, IMO & yeah, I totally seeing the coconut scenario mentioned above happening if Mikayla doesn't watch out.

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 05:36 PM (EST)

Actually, Christine said in the episode last night that she "thought" that they were going to vote off the weak, and she even named Edna, as she was talking to Stacey. She stuck to her game plan.

ETA: Yes, right before they went to TC Coach was standing in a circle with Mikayla, Albert, Sophie, and Rick and he as again talking about "it's simple....it's about loyalty and you either are, they panned the circle, and then he finished, "or you aren't", and they showed Brandon sitting by himself...

Coach has really endeared himself again to Mikayla. He is the one that fought for her and caused the drama at TC. He has yet another ally.

09-22-11, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Just to mention."
That's a really unfortunate thread title.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Just to mention."
thank dog for the pixelator or the title could've been

Uncovering L'il Coach

09-22-11, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Just to mention."
Well if CBS had chosen to use bigger pixels then at least Coach could have had reason to feel better about himself. Of course then nature and proportion would come to discussion...and ummm well maybe it's better to just blur instead. That at least makes him look fast and not plodding.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

I don't think that Brandon was trying to control the tribe with dissension. I think he thought his determination to make it happen would sway the others, but he is firmly in the junior camp when it comes to his say-so in this tribe.

The idea that women are harlot temptresses is still around, and he's stuck on it. She shows her legs and cleavage, she walks around in underwear. If Whitney were on his tribe he would be upset with her too.

Obviously he did watch HvV and if you recall there was a big push to get Parvati the flirt out early on, but Randy went instead, and Parvati got to the end. Coach was one of the people who most wanted her out, was he not? So Brandon may have thought that the "get the next Parvati out now before she gets her hooks in people" would work. The problem here is that Mikayla brings more to the challenges than Parvati did, that she's not walking around wiggling her hips like Parvati, that she hasn't WON the game of Survivor as a deadly black widow like Parvati already had coming into HvV -- so Coach wasn't buying into it.

Remember also that Russell genuinely fell for Parvati. He believed they were going to live together in LA. He was going to leave his wife and kids for her. Melanie realized that, wasn't happy at what she saw on TV, and I'm sure Brandon knows all about it.

His wife may even have told him that when she watches the show, she'd better not see any sign of him following in Russell's path that way. I would not be surprised if his over the top confessionals from the get-go were his way of getting the message to his wife that not only was he not falling for the hotgirl, he was going to get rid of her.

That would also explain why he felt the need to go after her at TC, knowing it would get aired. He IS attracted to Mikayla in a physical sense, or she wouldn't bother him.

I think Mikayla is female version of Boston Rob deal is mostly that she's athletic, personable, serious about the game, and from Boston, no? Not that she's Godmuthah material.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-22-11, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
You may have something there. I think Brandon's physically attracted to Mikayla (even if Mikayla isn't deliberately tempting him) and thus he wants her gone -- without realizing that Mikayla is less like Parvati than Boston Rob. And if Troll genuinely fell for Parvati and planned to leave his wife & kids for her, Brandon might have even more reason to wrongly see Mikayla as the next coming of Parvati -- especially if his wife told him that she didn't want him following Troll's path if he got on the show!

Also, Brandon might be a little like those Pharisees that made the error of criticizing Jesus -- he might also view temptation as coming from external factors rather than internal ones. Or at least he might think about sexual temptation coming from women rather than his own desires. But if his over-the-top confessionals are his way of telling his wife that he's not falling for Mikayla, then maybe he's aware that his own desires play a role as well.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
And, as I stated in the east coast thread, Russell not only fell for Parvati in that season but then turned around and fell for and had a relationship with Krista in the next season which ultimately did lead to him leaving his wife, 4 kids, and getting a divorce.

Brandon sees this and doesn't want the same thing to happen to him and he is torn between his physical attraction to Mikayla and his own wife and kid and a half at home (his daughter was born just a few months ago). He is 19 years old with plenty of demons and on top of that playing a game on national TV and forced to battle those demons.

Don't think for one second that CBS casting and putting Mikayla on the same tribe was by accident. It wasn't.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

09-23-11, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
Thanks, KO!
I didn't know the HOC-Krista relationship had continued and had such fallout. I had heard they were dating and there were pix of them from the Finale in May.

Great points. Would have mentioned them except I did not read the ECST topic this week. I wanted to see the episode unspoiled this time, and I didn't realize there was some whole other discussion there.

It sounds like we agree that Brandon has motives to get Mikayla out that have nothing to do with trying to fracture the tribe or take control. He just wants her out so desperately that he risked his own very comfy position in the game to go after her when the timing was utterly wrong and no one was on board, and he was caught trying to blame his plan on two others.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-23-11, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Uncovering Lil' Hantz"
I didn't know that Troll actually went on to fall for and have a relationship with Krista to the point where he actually left his wife & kids for her! Of course, I didn't see the Reunion either, so I had no idea they were dating.

Anyway, it's no wonder Brandon wants to get rid of Mikayla, even if he's making a huge mistake in doing so. I have to give him credit for trying to avoid his uncle's errors -- he's just trying a little too hard.

You're probably right in suspecting that CBS put Brandon and Mikayla on the same tribe on purpose, but we don't know.

09-24-11, 11:36 PM (EST)
29. "Pic from Finale of 22"

You can tell they're not just posing as cast members.

I read the ECST just now, very insightful.

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-25-11, 03:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Pic from Finale of 22"
I remember at least one reference in S22 to Krista's religion, I think it was her praying with Matt when they were on RI together before he sent her butt home by whooping her in their duel. She sure looks real religious in this picture wuth RussHell, now doesn't she? All this is by way of saying take Brandon's religion with a shipload of salt. The most overtly religious people are often the ones who fall the hardest, and I predict Brandon will be no different.

09-27-11, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Pic from Finale of 22"
Krista brought her Bible as her luxury item, and she gave it to Matt after she lost the duel.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-11, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Pic from Finale of 22"
Thank you for ruining my breakfast. *urp*

09-27-11, 12:40 PM (EST)
32. "Rumored finish."
This is pass-along from board to board, so grab your favorite salt-water lake and toss it over your shoulder...

The rumor: Brandon (to whom the Worsters have given or appropriated the charming nickname of TaliHantz) goes out in fifth place on a medivac. According to the rumor, the medical removal is a coverup -- he actually decided to quit for reasons known only to his deity, but Production decided to make it a dignified exit and faked/exaggerated the removal need.

Hard to believe all around and I'm just adding it to the list as something to watch for/disprove. But if the placement is correct, we've got a long, long wait ahead...

09-27-11, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Rumored finish."
Thanks for the info Estee. I had heard that Brandon got "sick" and that he would be medivacced but I didn't know in what position it was set to happen.

I also heard that believe it or not we will be made to feel sorry for him. Will be interesting to see how they do that since he is pretty well hated.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-11, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Rumored finish."
I'd say he's hated enough to be kept around as the perfect goat - so I wonder if he saw the writing on the wall and decided to just quit the game rather than be embarrassed a la Russhole in front of the final jury (especially if Delilah Mikayla is one of the others still in the game).

09-29-11, 01:13 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Rumored finish."
I also heard that believe it or not we will be made to feel sorry for him.

I think they believe they are making him sympathetic now, by showing all his confessionals about wrestling with his "demons" and his faith in God. I was in wait-and-see mode for the first two eps but now I just think he's a deluded twerp.

09-27-11, 01:02 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Rumored finish."
That placement strongly indicates Upolu in control post-merge. And he is a drama queen.

09-27-11, 01:13 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Rumored finish."
My best theory for that scenario is that his ego dictates pulling a Megan -- the original I Love Money. 'I refuse to give them the joy of voting me out, nor shall I allow my lessers to judge me in any way.' After spending the season tormenting other contestants and laughing in their faces because it was a straight competition and there was no jury vote, she socially ostracized her way to F3 -- and found herself facing a surprise jury, which would eliminate one more person before the final competition. She immediately quit and called it a win because if nothing else, she'd denied everyone the satisfaction of getting her out through their actions.

To his mind, if Brandon truly believes he's lost the jury vote, quitting might give him the walk-off victory: they never ousted him, never got to deny him the million, and he can spend the rest of his life claiming that he would have won, but Jesus decided he'd resisted enough temptation for one month-plus.

09-27-11, 01:21 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Rumored finish."
quitting might give him the walk-off victory: they never ousted him, never got to deny him the million, and he can spend the rest of his life claiming that he would have won

Like Na'Onka.

09-27-11, 01:31 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Rumored finish."
How dare you compare Brandon to the most socially adept player to ever not win the game!

...I think I just quoted her.

But -- yeah, pretty much. Megan founded the non-tactic, but she admitted she was doing it just to screw everyone else. (And looking back at the final competition, she likely would have lost anyway.) Na'Onka never recognized her own truth. I don't think Brandon would either.

09-27-11, 01:25 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Rumored finish."
Damn, when I read "goes out in fifth place" my first reaction was that he is the fifth boot. If only.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-27-11, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Rumored finish."
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-11 AT 06:06 PM (EST)

Production
>decided to make it a
>dignified exit and faked/exaggerated the
>removal need.

Maybe because production didn't want a quitter on the jury?

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!
ETF formatting.

09-27-11, 06:32 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Rumored finish."
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-11 AT 06:32 PM (EST)

could you guys clarify where these rumors originate? (posted somewhere, private but can't say, etc..)

The arc168 spoiler on Sucks said that Brandon wanted to quit but it would turn into a medivac. That spoiler topic is now locked. The first boot was wrong, and if the Maxx spoiler is right again, then this week's bootee was supposed to make merge according to arc. So that one hasn't got any clout at the moment.

Danni at Skills had a spoiler that Brandon made F5. Nothing about a medivac, no clarification on whether F5 #1 or the redeemed player aka F5#2. Danni's spoilers have been rock solid to date.

If there is a single spoiler (not discredited) that says he is F5 AND medivacced after wanting to quit, can you give us the source?

09-27-11, 07:20 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Rumored finish."
I initially saw the Worsters discussing it (and thus 'TaliHantz'): I never spotted the original source. All they said was "A rumor/ spoiler from someone who is supposedly well-placed to know such things". So I passed it on as a labeled rumor.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-27-11, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Rumored finish."
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-11 AT 07:22 PM (EST)

OFG: I'm pretty sure the "rumors" originated at Skills, with Danni's tip of a F5 finish for Brandon. There was also a report from a local in Samoa who saw a Helcopter fly by on about day 37. That added to pictures of Brandon in the hospital (uploaded approx July 13th) and that probably led some people to conclude a medivac for Brandon.

http://survivorskills.com/forum/index.php?topic=7787.0

Krautboy

09-28-11, 02:05 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Rumored finish."
I have to say, after much consideration, these photos coming out makes me suspect that a con is being played. This isn't bandaged hands on returning home at the airport stuff. When has SEG not guarded and controlled what information leaks on medical evacuations, it is the most extreme -- control the spin -- situation they face.

Whether it is spin to hide a quit or just out there to play us, it is pretty weird. For the time being I am going to disregard it. If it plays out, well yeah the hardline they took about quitters after Naonka and Purple Kelly was absolute bunk.

09-28-11, 06:35 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Rumored finish."
I agree Dabo. Maybe this is Russell's way of reverse spoiling. Since his spoiling was so good and correct and got everyone believing, leaking this pics and spreading rumor about Brandon leaving 5th as a "gotcha".

09-28-11, 03:57 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Rumored finish."
maxxfischer says there will be no med-evac this season, fwiw.
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/sreply/7700829/S23E03-Reap-What-You-Sow

He also said he's getting solid info one week at a time, more like rumors for the overall season.
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/86940/Episode-3-Spoilers?page=1

NedraSue 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-28-11, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Rumored finish."
I thought I read somewhere that he was hospitalized in the states after returning? If so, these pictures could come from that...even if he was medivacd? He looks thin tho'..yuck!

NedraSue 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-29-11, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Rumored finish."

You know, I think this is about crossing the line. If I was Mikayla, I would think long and how they edit this perv. This is pretty scary, that they actually allow someone who is so mentally unstable to be living/sleeping/bathing and everything with these girls. If I was MB I wouldn't want anyone to think that I cast a complete d-bag like this on the show.

This is the 1st time that I have ever felt that one of the cast could harm/assult another cast member. I hope they change the edit fast....it would be one thing for these young girls/any girls to have to live with him, but I hope they had more than an 24 hour watch on him. Like more of a bodyguard for all the girls.

09-29-11, 03:26 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Rumored finish."
I understand your concern and agree in part, there should be extra security on hand at RI, Loser Lodge, or the Ponderosa should Brandon be sent on his way. A couple of big bruisers to keep the kid in line, because there's no telling how he might react.

Though I expect there would be a leak of some sort if one of the players violently assaulted another outside one of the more physical challenges. (With the hidden clues at camp there is little opportunity for an excusable Naonka/KellyB. struggle over a clue.) The punishment for that, potential expulsion from the game, possible criminal charges, etc. -- not to mention what it would do to his edit -- something would have leaked.

I, for one, have grown sick of his "as a Christian" bunk. While on the one hand it speaks to his character and motivations to some extent, on the other hand he is no way representing anything but himself.

His basic problem is that he is a young guy more controlled by his nature and habits than by maturity and reason; he is a bully by nature, self-centered, and wants to be head bully of the bullies. Plus he's a drama queen and insists on making himself the center of attention.

His essential problem with Mikayla is pretty simple, he's afraid of her. Doesn't matter why, ignore all the religious bunk and game issues, she scares him. He's trying to push her down within the group, get her out if he can, because being a bully he really doesn't want to confront what he fears. (Honestly, in one confessional she's a Delilah who has the other guys wrapped up, but what he tells her to her face is no one trusts her and she has no alliance so there -- one or the other maybe, it can't be both.)

The absolute last thing he wants is to get in a brawl with her, then he would face the humiliation that he got beat by a gurl.

09-29-11, 07:43 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Rumored finish."
I don't like him, but I don't see him as a perv for looking at Mikayla in a sexual way. The truth is that all the guys do that out there. They just don't see it as a problem, but don't think they don't have their fantasies. Some hook up.

Brenda and Chase hooked up on Day One.

Brandon is different not because he has dirty thoughts but because he is uncomfortable with having them instead of enjoying them.

True that he could be swapped out with a character on Criminal Minds if you were to add some violent action to his resume, but these people are surrounded by cameramen 24/7. They are NOT alone in the jungle together. We just think they are because they leave the cameras out of the shots.

Big Brother is the show where they have had to pull a contestant for "never should have passed the psych profile." Remember Justin putting a knife to Krista's throat and asking if she would still love him if he killed her? And her letting him?

(btw, that same Krista (Krista, Stegall, who was later engaged to Mike Boogie) is the female that Boo Bernis of Survivor Fiji assaulted in a Louisiana bar.)

OK, maybe all the people remotely tied to that Louisiana group are scary, but for now Brandon is still minor league in that company.

10-20-11, 12:15 PM (EST)
53. "Act 3 - The Unveiling"
Alternate title: The Coming Storm...aka the wrath of Khan Brandon

It would seem we are not yet done with Brandon just b/c Mikayla has left the premises. It appears we are being setup for final showdown w/Coach when the HII finally comes out to play. And it might have repercussions tieing into the speced betrayal of Edna by Coach.

Insider-E6 transcripts by James barber (ty)
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/87739/South-Pacific-Insider-Episode-6

E6 Deleted Scene (EW)
Edna:
"Personally, I would love for Brandon to find the idol. Not only would it give him a lot of self-confidence, and further his position in the game, but also he is the type of person who would share the idol in terms of letting the group know he'd found it. Brandon agreed like the six of us in our alliance to use that idol in a game-changing, pivotal move. It would not be used for individual purpose."

'Day 25 Update'
Sophie:
"I get more and more worried every time a clue comes, just because we found the idol, and we don't want someone to find a clue that takes them right to the place where there is no idol."

'Too Much At Stake'
Albert:
"Based on that, we're kind of doing this Easter Egg hunt, looking for this idol that isn't really there. Realistically, it puts me in a moral crossroads, especially since Coach is really really heavy on, 'I don't want to play a dishonorable game.' I respect that, but there's too much at stake revealing to Brandon that we have the idol."

'It Seems Impossible' Insider-E6....
Brandon:
"It is a possibility that someone's found it, because I've looked in some freakin' good places and I cannot understand, there's nowhere else. At least I think there's nowhere else. I feel like I've looked everywhere. If somebody else found it, man, that would be very upsetting. Very upsetting. But hey, it's possible. If I find out somebody did that, they're gone. That's not a trustful person. When I find this idol I'm going to bring it to the people in the group I've made a commitment to, and if it's anybody in our five that's found it, they don't have a prayer."

10-20-11, 05:56 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Act 3 - The Unveiling"
Brandon also said at TC last night something to the affect of "You can't tell a half lie or tell a little bit of a lie, it's not gray, it's black or white" in response to Coach who said that sometimes in this game you have to hold back information and keep it hidden and that it isn't lying if you do.

Coach was testing the waters to see what Brandon's reaction would be, and he got his answer. Should make for some real interesting stuff coming up when Brandon finally figures it out.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-11, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Act 3 - The Unveiling"
Yep, Brandon already doesn't trust Sophie and Albert as much as Coach, so the sting of Coach being the finder will throw him over the edge. He is going to explode.
Luckily for Coach is that he might be more mad at Sophie and Albert. But... maybe not.

Strange to note though that every Upolu feels like the idol would be used for the good of the tribe, but Coach has stated that the idol was his from the get-go. (Even after Albert finds the clue and Coach only goes looking while with Albert.)
It's fun to watch the three of them struggle with the guilt of not being open with Brandon even though he's proven to not be stable of mind.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •