The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-12, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
Anyone watching?

I only saw bits of the 2010 season with Arti. I do not like Indian food, so I never had much interest in her show. I watched last season and loved it and I love Sandwich King.

I realize this season is different. For me, it's not a huge change because I'm not used to the way it's already been done. I saw Episode 1 and haven't watched all of 2 yet.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season udg 05-21-12 1
   RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season krismiss2us 05-22-12 2
 RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season jbug 05-22-12 3
   RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season samboohoo 05-24-12 6
 RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season Tummy 05-23-12 4
   RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season samboohoo 05-24-12 5
       really? krismiss2us 05-30-12 7
 Week whatever udg 06-11-12 8
   RE: Week whatever krismiss2us 06-12-12 10
   RE: Week whatever samboohoo 06-13-12 11
 The art of selling yourself. Estee 06-12-12 9
 RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season Tummy 06-18-12 12
   RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season udg 06-19-12 13
 RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season samboohoo 06-26-12 14
   RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season udg 06-26-12 15
       RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season samboohoo 06-28-12 16
 Final 3 udg 07-15-12 17
   RE: Final 3 samboohoo 07-16-12 18
       RE: Final 3 weltek 07-17-12 19
           RE: Final 3 JessicaRN 07-20-12 20
               RE: Final 3 weltek 07-20-12 21
                   RE: Final 3 kidflash212 07-10-16 26
 Finale/reunion udg 07-23-12 22
   RE: Finale/reunion jbug 07-25-12 23
       RE: Finale/reunion rasslinmomma 07-25-12 24
       RE: Finale/reunion udg 07-25-12 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-21-12, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
I watched "Casting Of..." and Ep 1. Ep 2 is on my DVR. It's a bit early to predict, but so far, I'm liking the teams twist.

Of course, I thought the splitting up teams twist on Biggest Loser was a good idea, and look how THAT turned out!

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-22-12, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
i'm enjoying it! i love alton but bobby has a couple of people i enjoy on his team...wanna see one of alton's win just cuz i adore the man!! ghiada (sp?) she's way too much into looks, imo

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-12, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
How did you let this start without telling me?
I sure am happy I now have recording abilities - now to find the repeats.

Loser Lodge 2012 - Thanks Tribe

05-24-12, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
They show repeats a lot. I think they show last week's episode at 6 or 7 p.m. before the current week.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-23-12, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
I'm watching. All caught up. Food Network is still not in HD here and I hate watching it now that I'm all big-time with my HD channels and all. Yes, I've been spoiled.

I like the change. I like the format. It's not Top Chef, but it will do.

I did not like the bus challenge.

05-24-12, 09:59 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
I liked the concept of the bus challenge, but I too would have likely gotten sick riding around like that.

05-30-12, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "really?"
i know that they'll be taping in a studio but dude, if you're gonna get car sick, maybe you should say something up front!!! still though, none of these people are standing out yet....which sucks cuz i really want somebody to love (isn't that a song?)

06-11-12, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Week whatever"
Two disappointing eliminations in a row!? Eric & Judson were two of my favorites. I can't believe they got rid of Judson, who is IMPROVING and INTERESTING and kept Martie who is just as bad as ever and boooooring.

My top three remaining are Michele, Emily, and Justin. I'm not really into Giada's team, but Yvan is the best of them.

Martita is winning the fan favorite vote on Foodnetwork.com.

06-12-12, 11:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Week whatever"
who's that twit with the girls on grills idea? cannot stand that twit!!! she is staying entirely too long...my fave is on team alton...kid with the weird ideas, can't remember any names but i think it's justin. and emily too

06-13-12, 09:57 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Week whatever"
I too was sad to see Eric go.

Agree completely with your top 3.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "The art of selling yourself."
http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/51142/the-guy-fieri-problem-on-the-next-food-network-star

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-18-12, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
Again I disagreed with who they sent home.

06-19-12, 10:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
DD was disappointed this week. While I don't really like Nikki, Linkie definitely wasn't winning material, so I wasn't that upset that she left.

06-26-12, 08:48 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
Sad Emily is gone. She was definitely one of my favorites. She had an off night. I thought for sure Nicki was gone.

I like "Girl on Grill" better than "The Grill Next Door." I don't see her winning, but I might be interested in watching her show.

I really like Justin, but he may be a little too out there for me.

I really like Alton Brown.

06-26-12, 03:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
Emily was hiding something. There was something personal she didn't want to share with the camera, and they didn't like that, couldn't respect that choice.

That leaves Justin & Michelle for me. Michelle's not getting a winning edit, but I hope she at least sticks around longer than Nikki, Ippy, and Martie!

06-28-12, 09:11 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Food Network Star - 2012 Season"
Love Michelle. Her POV seems to be centered around a lot of seafood, which isn't for me, but I'd still watch her.

07-15-12, 11:27 PM (EST)
17. "Final 3"
Spoilers if you haven't seen the episode yet!

Well, two of my 3 favorites made it to the final three, plus Yvan, who was the best of Giada's group. I was most worried about Justin, because Martie wasn't getting a loser's edit. They milked that "after the break" for all it was worth, with tears in Alton's eyes and everything. I fist pumped when they said that Justin was in, and I didn't even care that they let Martie stick around.

I like Justin a lot. I thought his pilot was great--like Good Eats 2.0! All the talk about freaky food (fried fish bones!) had me worried. Not interested in that at all. However, if he pulls off more of what he did in the pilot, I'm there.

Yvan surprised me. I actually think his show would be the most relevant to my life, and I might watch it if it ends up like the pilot.

Michele's show was nice. Her clam dish looked amazing, but I'm allergic to shellfish, which seems to be her niche, so it's unlikely I'd watch her, as much as I really do like her.

Martie was Martie. I'm not particularly fond of her, and I'm not a party thrower, so I wouldn't watch based on her show premise, either.

End result, I threw half my votes at Justin and the other half at Yvan. Having seen the voting trends the past few weeks, I think Justin has it in the bag, but I could be wrong.

I would love for them to give Emily a consolation show, too. I think I'd watch her.

07-16-12, 09:26 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Final 3"
I think that was the best Top 4. I had a feeling both Justin & Martie would make it based on the editing and Alton's reaction. I was very happy for him and for both Martie & Justin.

I too like Justin a lot and would absolutely watch his show. I wonder, though, how much of his food I would make. Especially the fried fish bones. I must admit that I've not seen much of Good Eats because, surprisingly, I have not watched as much Food Network as I really should. In fact, I have just become a huge Alton fan this season. He previously scared me and now, I love him! So I searched Good Eats last night and have put several on the record list. That Caesar Salad looked good. And I loved his pilot. I thought it was the best.

Yvan surprised me as well. I would like to try that mac & cheese - minus the hot sauce. I'm still not completely sure about him. I would rarely need to cook for a big family.

I too love Michelle, but like you. I might not watch because seafood is not my thing at all. And I'll admit, her dish looked the best, but I don't like seafood.

I was fine with Martie, and I thought she looked way more polished in that pilot than I've ever seen her look. I'd watch her because I love the concept.

I will probably split my votes between Justin & Martie.

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-12, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Final 3"
I don't really like Martie, but I agree that she's become more polished. She can certainly hold her composure on camera and still spew out a lot of words! I didn't see any party "decorating" in her pilot...thought that was a mistake. I think she could be a good Food Network personality, she's just too "campy" for me.

Michelle's personality isn't for me, and seafood is expensive here. Just not my niche. And her pilot looks like one of Bobby's almost exactly. Bobby didn't exactly bring creativity to his coaching of her. And I love Bobby, so it's hard for me to criticize him.

Justin's pilot was BRILLIANT. I didn't like him when this season started, but he's grown on me. I just think his show would need to still think at an accessible level. The aspic was a perfect example of something that sounds and looks difficult, yet was really, really easy. I think he nailed it.

Yvan is probably the most relatable and makes food many people would find accessible. I like him and would watch his show. He just doesn't have a huge WOW factor. Yet, I think he'd make a good ambassador for the network at events. He's very genuine and lovable.

I'm sort of sad that Nikki is gone, but I understand why. Her show is absolutely one I'd have watched and I found her likable. I agree with Boo that I didn't love The Grill Next Door name change. I hope to see her in something else soon. Her polish and skills are a great combo.

I loved the format this season and hope they continue this next year. Also? I want Susie's hair.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-20-12, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Final 3"
I think Justin will win, but all of their pilots looked good. It seems like the pilots were much more "produced" this season. Their weren't as many situations that we saw where they struggled with talking and cooking at the same time, or setting things up to get it all in.

The team thing was a bit odd. Would it have happened that one of the star's would have lost their entire team? I bet not. I kind of took a dislike to Giada, but Alton touched me more than I thought he would.

Marti Has a Party, Aarti Party....is Food Network big enough for both of them.

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-12, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Final 3"
I've watched Aarti's show twice, and neither time did I find the name of her show at all reflective of the content. It's a stupid name for her show and they should just start over with her concept. Maybe they need to have a show like "The Chew" that's just all the FNS winners that don't hold enough star power to carry their own shows long enough. Aarti and Jeff could easily fill two of those chairs.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

kidflash212 4671 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Final 3"
Agree about the name

07-23-12, 11:11 PM (EST)
22. "Finale/reunion"
Yay!

Also, it's Susie's fault we lost Eric! I bet she gets a lot of hate mail after tonight.

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-12, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Finale/reunion"
I probably won't watch much of Justin. His ideas don't appeal to me. Altho I have watched a lot of Alton Brown - and his Good Eats. One of those is enough tho.

I wouldn't have watched Michelle either; not into seafood at all.
Marty? maybe.

I would watch Yvon. The family style concept would have been a winner.

Agman brightens my life May 2012

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-12, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Finale/reunion"
Knowing that Good Eats has completed it's final season, I suspected that Justin would win just to fill that niche. Marti won't find a slot until Paula Deen is done - too similar imo.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

07-25-12, 03:53 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Finale/reunion"
It's been a year without new episodes of Good Eats, so the timing is good for Justin's show. I'll give it a chance. I liked his pilot.

I'll be shocked if we don't see Eric on Chopped or Iron Chef or Top Chef or SOMETHING soon.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •