The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"True Beauty"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Earl Colby Pottinger 2048 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-02-10, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"True Beauty"
Am I the only one who noticed and watch the new True Beauty show that aired on Monday?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: True Beauty Snidget 06-02-10 1
 RE: True Beauty Estee 06-02-10 2
 RE: True Beauty MKitty 06-04-10 3
 RE: True Beauty Loree 06-05-10 4
   RE: True Beauty Snidget 06-05-10 5
       RE: True Beauty mindy23 06-09-10 6
       RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 06-14-10 7
           RE: True Beauty Loree 06-15-10 8
               RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 06-15-10 9
                   RE: True Beauty krismiss2us 06-20-10 10
                       RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 06-22-10 11
                           RE: True Beauty Estee 06-22-10 12
                           RE: True Beauty krismiss2us 06-22-10 14
 RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 06-22-10 13
   RE: True Beauty Starshine 06-23-10 15
 RE: True Beauty BriarRosie 06-23-10 16
   RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 06-25-10 17
       RE: True Beauty BriarRosie 06-28-10 18
 Liz's elimination. Estee 06-29-10 19
   RE: Liz's elimination. MKitty 06-29-10 20
       RE: Liz's elimination. Pamselfish 07-01-10 21
           RE: Liz's elimination. jbug 07-02-10 23
   RE: Liz's elimination. Earl Colby Pottinger 07-01-10 22
 RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 07-06-10 24
   RE: True Beauty mindy23 07-10-10 25
       RE: True Beauty Loree 07-11-10 26
           RE: True Beauty mindy23 07-12-10 27
               RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 07-13-10 28
                   RE: True Beauty Loree 07-13-10 29
                       RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 07-14-10 30
                           RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 07-14-10 31
                       RE: True Beauty jbug 07-14-10 33
                           RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 07-16-10 34
       RE: True Beauty Earl Colby Pottinger 07-14-10 32
           RE: True Beauty PagongRatEater 07-22-10 35
 RE: True Beauty Agman2 03-04-16 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-10, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: True Beauty"
I watched. Not sure about the drama, yet. I know they cast for superficial, but yikes.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-10, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: True Beauty"
CJ's ouster in the first season soured me on the series.

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-04-10, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: True Beauty"
Yeah, I watched. shocked that they *allowed* the woman who stole the WHOLE outfit to be allowed to win the competition. That was just wrong. And, why on earth did they keep Mr. Ego around who wouldn't even help the woman with the dog...I thought he was much worse than the other guy! Sheesh..that was all just wrong!

Summarized by the Capn!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-10, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: True Beauty"
I watched it too. I wasn't a viewer of the first season so I am still trying to figure this out. The one woman seemed to be the worst at the first hidden challenge. Then she used the stolen garment to win the challenge. And she gets to stay and be rewarded. After that the one man doesn't help the woman with the dog and he gets to stay. This show is puzzling.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-10, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: True Beauty"
The consequences of bad actions doesn't show up until after the elimination challenge.

One way some of the really bad people make it to the end is they are pretty enough to stay in the top half in the elimination challenges. That does add to the drama as if you are pretty enough you can be mostly awful as a person and make it deep into the competition.

IIRC both guys had done something bad so they had to decide do you keep the guy who stole or the guy who was rude. It isn't just who fails the last event, but cumulatively who do they think is the worst of the two.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-09-10, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: True Beauty"
I watched last season, and I've been watching now, also. It's mindless entertainment, sort of.

I get a kick out of these 20+-somethings who honestly think they'll never gain an ounce of fat, never get one wrinkle, never have a bad hair day, etc, for the rest of their lives. Better marry up, is all I can say!

And the guy with the spiked hair and TEETH? EEEEWWWW-go away, already! So creepy..

06-14-10, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: True Beauty"
The problem for me, is unlike any of the previous seasons there is not a single person I like to see win a dime much less an entire contract this time.

Liz once she starts drinking acts worse than many teenagers on spring break (notice I did say many not all).

All the contestants look down on the general public (the people who they really in the long term need to impress) and most of them seemed to lost all of their high school knowledge or ability to think. I mean how do you get to your twenties and not know how to make coffee? Espresso it a little tricky, but coffee?

And learning from their mistakes or other people`s criticisms I see no signs there-of.

I will continue to watch, but there is nobody to love here.

06-15-10, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: True Beauty"
Of course they found a way to save Liz. They want her for the drama. But there was no way to save her if she hit bottom 2. Then they announce someone has been chatting on their cell. I guessed immediately that it would be the little blonde because she can't stop talking.

06-15-10, 03:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: True Beauty"
Makes you wonder how long ago they spotted her talking on her cell, and did they keep she as a stand-by loser so that they could 'rig' a 'get out of jail' card.

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-20-10, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: True Beauty"
i concur. the chic that runs the show - vanessa whatever- she has final say. last season, i really think billy should've won,but she didn't like him, so he didn't win. i think she's wanting liz to win and will continue to let her slip through the cracks. but that's just how i see things

06-22-10, 02:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: True Beauty"
Billy, was ok. In the first episodes he was my fav, but later I soured a little on him. It would not have bothered me if he won, but I did not the winner that much.

But LIZ WINNING!!!! Just shoot me now why don't you.

The only people who want someone like that to represent their product probably produce 'Girls gone wild' video or worse.

And next week's previews do nothing to change my mind about her.

06-22-10, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: True Beauty"
Liz has a unique distinction among the cast: to date, she's the only person to fail every challenge. Justifying that kind of win is a job for Jiffie. And as far as we know, they've never met.

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-10, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: True Beauty"
i don't want liz to win either - she is just not a nice person.

06-22-10, 02:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: True Beauty"
At-last, they voted off the right person.

Both have lots wrong with them, but did you notice the type of pleads at the final point.

The guy who gets to stay talks about admitting to making a mistake, and says he will try harder to improve himself.

The guy who leaves, see nothing wrong with his ad, thinks he is promoting sin in Sin City (a label Los Vegas has worked hard to get rid off since they now see the money in conventions and family vacations). And claims to be a spiritual teacher, but also claims he would have done better if someone had told him that he needs to help other people!

What type of spiritual teacher needs to be told to help people in need?

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-10, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: True Beauty"
I know I was watching that thinking OMG.

you can't just switch parts of your personality on or off, and as for his teeth, they were just so unreal it was ugly.

Supporting Michelle and Amy at the moment, really hoping Liz goes soon, although I suppose they want to keep the drama in the show.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-10, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: True Beauty"
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-10 AT 08:59 AM (EST)

I am glad Liz is staying a little longer. Why?

Montage, baby. Montage. Her bad behavior sizzle reel will be spectacular once Vanessa gets to give Liz her comeuppance.

06-25-10, 01:20 PM (EST)
17. "RE: True Beauty"
So, a quick 15 minute show, then the rest of the show time devoted to her mistakes. Bet you she will still think it is great to get all that air time.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-10, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: True Beauty"
She should be embarrassed seeing her drunk footage. At least anyone would hope so. At least David appeared to have been shocked by what they caught on tape.

Liz might be too much of a narcissist to care.

06-29-10, 10:43 AM (EST)
19. "Liz's elimination."
Behold the one who Just Doesn't Get It. And never will.

'Since I don't know this is a test about cheating, let me suggest it before anyone else can!'

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-29-10, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Liz's elimination."
Yeah, watching Liz implode was quite precious. Poor delusional narcissitic woman...she really had no clue that she was *that* awful. I feel for her..really I do *wretching sounds*....

Summarized by the Capn!

Pamselfish 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-01-10, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamselfish Click to send private message to Pamselfish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Liz's elimination."
And to me the other thing about Liz, although she kept saying how beautiful she was, is that she's not actually very pretty at all. Come on, beautiful is Jada Pinkett Smith and Halle Berry. This woman is Average at Best and that's not even considering her personality.

jbug 17005 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-10, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Liz's elimination."
I have to agree. She is not 'drop dead gorgeous" like she seems to think.

There's also something about Amy that puts me off. She is really not all that pretty - and she makes a lot of odd faces - especially with the eyebrows.

07-01-10, 04:13 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Liz's elimination."
She thinks the show will be worse without her.

In-fact I am looking forward to watching the show without her.

07-06-10, 01:24 PM (EST)
24. "RE: True Beauty"
Did it really matter which girl left?

Both candidates had problems with themselves. Personally of the the two emotional wreck is the one I would had preferred to go. And once again a 'beauty' claims they could have been nicer if they were told that they had to be nice. Talk about missing the point of the show.

But of-course my true and main beef is with the guy who took the tissue for himself! While his roommate is having a breakdown. I don't know why he was mopping his brow, he was so cold.

Any other thoughts?

07-10-10, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: True Beauty"
Most of these contestants DO say, at elimination, that they would NOT have acted so cold and 'beotchy' if they had known they were being screened for their 'inner beauty'. They all go into this thinking this is a total competition for 'The Face of Las Vegas', and thus feel they need to be on their best competitive behavior. So, anything and everything that might get in the way of them winning, is put aside.
Whether it's helping a lady loosen her dog up, talk to a total, 'schwetty' stranger, or look at a test that they've been told not to, so they can have an edge over their contenders.

I suppose, in most competitive arenas, when you're talking about $250K (isn't that the monetary amount?), plus your name all over the place, it would be more than tempting to give yourself an edge if and when you could. I personally don't see the point of stealing a costume, or not taking out a second of your time to be kind to someone. THAT is cold and cruel to me. But to not look at a paper so you can garner some points, or not allow someone to tell their friend to pick you so you can have an edge, I have to say, it could be very tempting. I don't think I personally would do that, but it's really on the line there with most younger, less mature people.

And these guys certainly fit that category. At this point in time, I have no idea who will win! I really thought Michelle might, but she's out now. Amy is so down on herself, even if she doesn't cheat, I can't see her representing anything! The men are both pretty vein and bogus, so with only one more woman left, (and darn, I can't remember her name), maybe she will take the title? Or maybe this year there just won't be one? I doubt that. It'll end up being the one who etches by within an inch or two, I think.

BTW. how many more of these can they do without people actually catching on? This is the 2nd. It's like a "Joe Millionaire". Eventually, the contestants are going to be falling all over themselves to see who can be the very nicest, sickenly so!

07-11-10, 11:18 AM (EST)
26. "RE: True Beauty"
I am starting to suspect that the other woman (not Amy) might win. I don't remember her name either. She seems friendly enough and hasn't flunked alot of challenges. Both the guys seem to have reasons to be booted if they end up in the bottom.

I have to say if I was on this show I would probably flunk some of their challenges too. I would always help the people with pets because I am a dog person. But I would try to avoid sweaty drunk men. So I probably would have ignored the sweaty guy. And I probably would have expected the valet to stop the drunk from driving. As a female it is not always smart to get in conversations with strange men in front of hotels.

07-12-10, 09:40 AM (EST)
27. "RE: True Beauty"
I agree, Loree. As a woman, I don't feel a challenge that involves men is really fair. Especially drunk men approaching you and asking you if he 'knows you'. Sounds like a pick up line to me!

I would have failed that one, too! I am very leery about men approaching me. Heck, too many women disappear these days in broad daylight, and these contestants do NOT know they are being filmed, so why would they not feel uncomfortable about that?

07-13-10, 03:43 AM (EST)
28. "RE: True Beauty"
On the other hand, the baby/luggage test is one that I thought a woman would pass with ease.

Agree that some of the test do not see fair, or at-least are given far more importance than they are in the real world.

But many of the tests were fair. The poker training test for example was failed by only one out of four contestants. What does that say about the one who failed?

07-13-10, 05:01 PM (EST)
29. "RE: True Beauty"
Erika! That is the name of the female I think might win this.

I can't believe by now they have not compared stories and realized something is off. Did they think the pregnant lady rode up and down the elevator waiting for all of them? But then none of these people seem too smart. I keep using the term "think".

Amy wanted to leave the minute she realized she was caught being nasty on camera. But has anyone recognized Vanessa?

07-14-10, 02:02 AM (EST)
30. "RE: True Beauty"
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-10 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

No one claim that these are the brightest people around. Worse if they think something is up but have not figured it out they don't want to discuss it with the others thinking they are the only one to notice and don't want to clue in others.

But yes, if they really talked to each other they would notice that before each challenge they all seem to get the same chances to cheat/help someone.

07-14-10, 02:03 AM (EST)
31. "RE: True Beauty"
Just was re-reading the entire thread and realize I had already forgotten about Liz. Wow she sure faded out fast.

jbug 17005 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-10, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: True Beauty"
I thought the pregnant drinking, smoking lady on the elevator was a stupid test.
Some people think it is best to mind your own business; that imparting your opinion to a perfect (well, not perfect in that way) stranger? not really my business - IYKWIM.

07-16-10, 10:52 PM (EST)
34. "RE: True Beauty"
While I may have said something, after it an enclosed space so I would not like to share it with a smoker and as for drinking while with child is plain dumb. I am well aware sometimes saying something to self-centered people like this may set them off!

So I am not surprise if a person does not want to to be trapped with a ranting idiot in an enclosed small area.

Yes, this was a very poor test.

Instead it should have been in the lobby, the actor standing beside a health awareness poster (maybe for a prenatal care conference).

07-14-10, 02:17 AM (EST)
32. "RE: True Beauty"
I really think this show can run a long time if they have the ratings needed. The people who are entering are so self-centered I am sure they never watch shows like this. Too low brow for their superior selves.

Compare the ones entering Beauty and the Geek. It took only one season to get geeks entering the show with the goal to improve themselves whether they won the prize or not. Many were heart broken not to last a little longer just to learn more things about being social beings.

On the other-hand I don't think it was until the last season that we saw Beauties who saw entering this show as a chance of self-improvement.

In real-life I have meet beauties male and female who were dumb and also ones who were smart. The dumbs ones were coasting on their looks and never saw reason to improve themselves. A few of these I meet later when things went bad (like it does for everyone sometime or another) the problem with dumb ones they did not know how to handle things when no-one was around to help.

The smart ones moved on and recovered.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-10, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: True Beauty"
I'd watch another season, but I think that it will get harder and harder to find new ways to delude the contestants into thinking its a beauty contest. Maybe use a dating show premise next time?

My guess is that the ratings are not that good though, so I will be surprised if it comes back.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

Agman2 2244 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-16, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: True Beauty"
The title of this show describes me perfectly!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •