The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ghost Hunters "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-08, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ghost Hunters "
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-08 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

Am I the only one who admits to watching (and liking) this show? Season 4 starts tonight and was just curious to see if I'm the only one watching it...
This is the guiltest pleasure that I have...

Ghost hunters international just didn't do it for me.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ghost Hunters Buggy 03-06-08 1
   RE: Ghost Hunters buckeyegirl 03-06-08 2
 RE: Ghost Hunters kidflash212 03-07-08 3
 RE: Ghost Hunters Colonel Zoidberg 03-11-08 4
 RE: Ghost Hunters sica077 08-26-09 5
   RE: Ghost Hunters kingfish 08-27-09 6
       RE: Ghost Hunters sica077 08-27-09 7
           RE: Ghost Hunters kingfish 08-27-09 8
               RE: Ghost Hunters kidflash212 08-29-09 9
       Recommended reading IceCat 08-29-09 10
           RE: Recommended reading kingfish 08-30-09 11
 RE: Ghost Hunters DrKegel 11-26-09 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ghost Hunters "
LOVE IT!
My kid is hooked on this show too and we have been anxiously awaiting the new episodes, since I think we've seen all the other seasons ( we caught up last summer with all the reruns).
Last night was very creepy, that underground place spooked me out, and I've never seen them ALL that uncomfortable about a place before.

GHI had too much Brian, what a wussy. I liked Barry though, and I've always liked Donna. Shannon can go away too, she always looks like she is gonna cry, so unprofessional.

Have you seen Paranormal State yet, BEG?
I like it, it's different from TAPS, but entertaining.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-08, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ghost Hunters "
I haven't seen Paranormal State yet-I'll have to give it a try.
I liked Barry, and Andy's been one of my favorites for awhile. (he was on seasons 1 and 2) Donna is my most annoying ghost hunter-I can handle Brian in small doses. But I'll agree with you-Shannon can go away anytime...
And you are right about last night-they've never all been uncomfortable in the same place before.

I am looking forward to when they go to Wright Patterson Air Force Base. It's right near me, and they got a lot of good press, and said it was really interesting.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-07-08, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ghost Hunters "
I'm glad I'm not the only one loving this show. Saw it for the first time a few weeks ago and have been hooked ever since. The season opener last night was great. Watched it on my DVR last night alone in the dark in bed and was really creeped out. The EVP about asking for water gave me chills. Wasn't so impressed with GH International but I'm loving GH.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-08, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ghost Hunters "
My wife is addicted to this show and loves the idea of ghost-hunting. I'm the eternal skeptic and think most of it is smoke and mirrors. She's usually glued to the TV during this show, and I'm usually glued to my TV Guide.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-26-09, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ghost Hunters "
The real Ghost Hunters was back last week (not that GHI junk )! Anyone still watching?

The thermal hit they got in the first segment tonight was pretty creepy. I don't usually place any trust in the thermal camera for long shots, but that image was so close!

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
I've been 'patched

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-09, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ghost Hunters "
I don't wish to dampen anyone's enthuasiasm for a show or a subject that they enjoy, and if a skeptic's view is enough to do that, please don't read on.

And I am a skeptic (in general, but especially when it comes to this subject) of the first order. Keep that in mind.

Why would anyone think that ghosts, spirits, whatever, if they exist at all, would show up on any detector, thermal, electromagnetic field sensors, photographic (UV, IR, X-Ray, etc) geiger counters, or whatever?

Did someone publish a book or a paper somewhere establishing (with real proof) what a ghost is made of, and how one can detect it? I must have missed that.

How gullible can people be?

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-27-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ghost Hunters "
DH and I are skeptics, too. However some things that happen really do make us scratch our heads. I am sure no book has ever been published, however, how would there ever be solid "proof" to write a book on? It is just trying to understand the unknown, which I find pretty neat, based on theories.

Not to mention, half of the time they go in and tell the homeowners or people living there that most, if not all, of the noises are caused by random noises the house makes that they just don't think of (or want to think of).

Gullible? That I may be, but I still find it entertaining.

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
I've been 'patched

08-27-09, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ghost Hunters "
My point is, I keep seeing people like this who purport to prove that ghosts exist by using different kinds of meters and sensors, and just expect us to believe that because the sensor looks all scientific and gadgetry, it must be accurate.

Just who was it that said that ghosts emitted (for example) an electromagnetic signal that an "electromagnetic sensor" could pick up? Or a thermal signal that a heat sensor could pick up?

This is just like those old snake oils salesmen who used to mix up a tonic and who were able to fool people into buying it as medicine because it tasted terrible.

I don't mean to imply that you are gullible, just that there have always been conmen ready to exploit the blind spots in other people's trusting and inquisitive natures, and "scientific ghost hunters" seem to be overt conmen.

They used to take pictures of the darkness, and when an image showed up on the film, they'd claim it was caused by ghosts. People would actually fall for these simple-minded ploys.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-09, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ghost Hunters "
I would classify myself as a skeptic too - I enjoy the show the same way I enjoy a scary movie. I just suspend my disbelief. If I analyze the show too closely, I find all the glaring errors (like why EVP's only show up on their tiny hand held recorders and not on the more sophisticated recording used to record the actual show). I just consider it entertainment not a scientific documentary.

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-09, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Recommended reading"

Basically anything by Stantz or Spengler is good.

08-30-09, 01:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Recommended reading"
I guess actually being slimed does get you some credibility.

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-26-09, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ghost Hunters "

buckeyegirl -

You're not alone. I'm a huge fan of the show and have supported it and watched from the beginning.

I must say I feel cheated by the shows recently - or specifically - the Halloween show. They did repeats and let the kids in the academy fool around on the web? They didn't show anything live not that I wanted to see those kiddies investigate anything which brings me to the second point ... those annoying kids!

Okay, so the hallmark of the show is that Jay and Grant were going to prove - or disprove - an alleged haunting. They'd use the latest gadgets, anecdotal evidence and what was captured on film to aid in forming an opinion. Now? They have two sensitives who think they're mediums and spend the whole time thinking they're "picking up" things? Isn't that what the show was opposed to?

If I wanted to see this kind of idiocy, I'd watch another show!

kingfish -

Think you have valid points. What are the scientific parameters for believing something? You point to electromagnetic analysis as a case in point in asking who said that proves a ghost is there?

I think the team documents anomalies and then presents the evidence and then they state their opinion as to what it means. The audience does that same. I don't think we have to get into electromagnetic frequencies, just get into things we know - like doors don't open and close on their own ... or do they? Yes, a latch can be loose or the ground may be unlevel, but when you rule out all of that, how does a door open on its own? Likewise sound. We know something makes it. Take footsteps ... they're called footsteps because ... well, you get my drift. So if not only the person in the room hears footsteps when no one is there, but we hear it captured on tape, how did it get there? Here comes the due diligence in checking where people were and if no one was there, how did we hear them? If not a ghost then what walked across the floor to produce the sound?

You're right that there may indeed be a reason for feet to be moving across the floor with no body, but a possibility is that there was something there that made the noise and it could be something that science has yet to "prove" exists.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical. It's why I "liked" (past tense) the show.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •