The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Next Best Thing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-07, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Next Best Thing"
West Coast: you've still got time to get in on this one. We finally found the call-in show I might actually place votes for. We're still in the audition stage (and will be for a week or two), but it's not as painful as the AI Incompetence Tour, and there's some real talent coming out here. Stay tuned for the Honeymooners impression, a killer Cowell, the Celine Dion that totally works because it's irritating, and one of the best dismissal lines of all time: 'Go figure. No exit strategy.'

This has a very small chance of being fun.

I so totally just doomed this show.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Next Best Thing Wacko Jacko 05-31-07 1
   RE: The Next Best Thing Molaholic 05-31-07 4
       RE: The Next Best Thing Silvergirl1 06-04-07 7
           RE: The Next Best Thing Wacko Jacko 06-07-07 8
 RE: The Next Best Thing tribephyl 05-31-07 2
   RE: The Next Best Thing Estee 05-31-07 3
       RE: The Next Best Thing tribephyl 06-01-07 5
       RE: The Next Best Thing catsnotkids 06-07-07 9
   RE: The Next Best Thing Wacko Jacko 06-01-07 6
       RE: The Next Best Thing KoalaChick 06-08-07 10
 Beware the Elvii Estee 06-14-07 11
   Funny Elvis comment moonbaby 06-22-07 12
       RE: Funny Elvis comment Estee 06-22-07 13
 RE: The Next Best Thing mysticwolf 06-27-07 14
   RE: The Next Best Thing Estee 06-28-07 16
 First five finalists are: Estee 06-28-07 15
   RE: First five finalists are: Wacko Jacko 06-28-07 17
   Bono dude was moonbaby 07-01-07 18
       RE: I have to say mistyrose52 07-13-07 19
           RE: I have to say Wacko Jacko 07-16-07 20
 Crap! moonbaby 07-18-07 21
 RE: The Next Best Thing jbug 07-18-07 22
 RE: The Next Best Thing Puffy 07-18-07 23
   RE: The Next Best Thing Molaholic 07-19-07 24
       RE: The Next Best Thing Wacko Jacko 07-19-07 25
 RE: The Next Best Thing jbug 07-26-07 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-31-07, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
The first show was very good. I really liked it. I laughed out loud many times.

The Johnny Depp guys cracked me up. So did the Fonzie guy. Even Adam Sandler. They were not particularly good but just thinking about them made me laugh. I liked even the Bill Cosby and Dr Phil. I thought the Jack Black was really good...he should've advanced to the second round. They all got big laughs from me. It isn't the good ones that will make you laugh it is the bad ones. Funny stuff.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-07, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
OK, so let's get this straight --

a white guy comes on to imitate Bill Cosby. Not only doesn't he look remotely like Cos, but his voice is as far off as is humanly possible. Plus, his jokes were just dumb.

And he's shocked that he gets the boot.

And what's with the guy doing 'W' -- prosthetics and make-up? How fair is that??

But The Honeymooners -- now they we good. So was Lucy. And Jack.

I’ll be back -- at least until it gets too painful (just how many Britney Spearses are we locked-in for?)

MMVI
Why, oh why is there is no 12 step program?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"-Clarke´s 3rd Law

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-07, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Next Best Thing"

And what's with the guy doing 'W' -- prosthetics and make-up? How fair is that??

I think he appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Bush. No, I don't think it's fair, either.

06-07-07, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
"Prosthetics" are fine. Look if you think these people naturally look like these people you are kidding yourself. Even the Cher's all had makeup to try to make them look like them. There was an article in my local news paper of how impressionators have plastic surgery to make themselves look like the celebrities. Speaking of Cher's....I have never seen so many bad Cher impressions in my life.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-07, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
Nope. Not watching. You can't make me.

Thank you Estee. Your kindness knows no bounds.

05-31-07, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
I'm sure they'll get to a David Caruso imitator once they hit Chicago.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-07, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
Tempting... but I am more likely to hit David Caruso while driving through Miami.

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-07-07, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
Caruso is such a one-note actor it wouldn't be hard to imitate him...

06-01-07, 08:47 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
>Nope. Not watching. You can't make
>me.
>
>
>
>Thank you Estee.
>Your kindness knows no bounds.

>

Your loss I laughed my ##### off.

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-08-07, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
We forgot to DVR it this week, what did I miss?

I'm with you, Wacko, this is a great show! The Honeymooners alone made it worthwhile!

06-14-07, 03:27 PM (EST)
11. "Beware the Elvii"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-07 AT 03:28 PM (EST)

Do we need a one-per-celebrity limit on imitators? Because after the nightmare that was the Orlando Elvii, and with Las Vegas coming up -- you just know Las Vegas is going to bring in Elvii by the jumpsuit-load...

See a few hundred contestants, get four semi-finalists. Betcha Simon never had a day like that.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-07, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Funny Elvis comment"
"You look like Hellvis."

This show is more entertaining than I thought it would be-I laughed out loud a few times, that's always good. Will try to remember to watch it again.

06-22-07, 11:30 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Funny Elvis comment"
What really bothers me is that the NBT panel of judges has, applicant for applicant, been funnier than the LCS panel.

Then again, the LCS panel is operating under a major handicap.

They like to call that major handicap 'Ant'.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
This is the first night we've seen this. We're really enjoying it. There's definitely some good impersonators here.

Best Elvis impersonation I've ever seen. Most of 'em make me cringe. Loved Bush and Lucy. (Leno not so much, but he wasn't actually bad.) Heck, even the Celine is pretty good. Go figure.

My only question is what the "judges" are there for. So far all they've done is say how great everyone is and tell them they think they can go all the way. That's judging? *shrug*

Shar's summer
blogging's scary

06-28-07, 07:17 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
My only question is what the "judges" are there for.

To collect a paycheck. Also to get some decent performances in after suffering through a few thousand bad ones. (The Orlando stop may become legendary: hundreds auditioned, four went through.) They did criticize a couple of peoples, but most of it was pretty mild: the just-glimpsed performances at the end got the worst of it.

On the other hand -- what are they looking for? Not just the best physical duplicate, obviously -- but what does their ideal have to do? Hold down a stage show as their counterpart, delivering at least thirty minutes of material? Pass closely enough for look, speech, and mannerisms to get into a party and US Weekly? What's the goal here?

And since we're not sure just what that is, it made their finalist picks a little hard to judge. I might have kept the Celine (ow) and dumped the Paris (yay!), but...

06-28-07, 07:12 AM (EST)
15. "First five finalists are:"
Elvis Presley
Lucille Ball
George W. Bush
Paris Hilton
Tina Turner

Given how close some of the contestants are to their originals, it is absolutely surreal to see them all standing together. When the Tina and Elvis impersonators stepped forward as a pair, it created one impossible second where it felt like I was staring at a split-screen time machine...

06-28-07, 04:32 PM (EST)
17. "RE: First five finalists are:"
My favorite two were Paris and Bush. I don't even like the originals...maybe that is why I liked these two. Lucy bored me for some reason. I thought she was good last time but this time....just made me wish the real Lucy were alive.

07-01-07, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Bono dude was "
robbed. Granted he didn't sound exactly like him but it was pretty darn close. Disappointed to see him gone.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-13-07, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I have to say"
Wednesday night was my first time to watch this, and the Elvis impersonator was, by far, the best I've EVER seen! He actually gave me the creeps!!! I mean there are a trillion impersonators out there who are wannabee Elvis impersonators, and most of them don't even come close. But this guy?? Wow! He had it DOWN to a science!!

And the Dolly Parton? She should have been sent through hands down, too, but they chose Babs over her-wrong, wrong wrong! Oh well. What do I know. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. At least this show is different than most of them out there.

07-16-07, 03:16 PM (EST)
20. "RE: I have to say"
It's a good show. Hey, what reality show do we always agree with every choice? None.

07-18-07, 09:11 PM (EST)
21. "Crap!"
They're showing the finale here at 2am. TWO AM!?!?!? And I won't be seeing it, dammit. On the other hand, it is delayed because of the steam explosion coverage earlier. Maybe I won't have work tomorrow. Maybe I can watch it after all!

2 am? NAH.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-07, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-07 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

I can't believe I only found this show tonite! I really need to check out what ABC has to offer now and then.
Anyway, I jumped back & forth during SYTYCD and liked this.
Wasn't there a show like this on a few eyars ago? Can't remember the name. Or is this a second (third?) season of that one?
Frank was perfect.
George and Robin were really funny.
Babs was good but I don't usually like Babs, so...
Lucy was just ok to me.
Both Elvi were great.
Didn't like Paris - but never have so....
Tina was really pretty good.
I'm missing someone, right? Little Richard! That's who I forgot. He was pretty good too.
I don't vote; I just watch.

Crusin w/ Tribe

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-07, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
Little Richard, Tina Turner, Elvis, George Bush, Lucille Ball-all fantastic! I'm enjoying this show.

©Snidget Creations, 2007

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-07, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
Four of my votes went to Heartbreak Elvis, one to Robin Williams.

But Little Richard, Tina and Sinatra were also fantastic.

07-19-07, 08:46 AM (EST)
25. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
I think I voted 6 times....if not one got screwed.

I voted for everyone but:
Lucy
Robin
Blue Suede Elvis
Barbara

I could not pick my favorite (it was so tough) although after last night I was leaning towrds Frank Sinatra....I just could not give all my votes to him because I don't think he looked enough like him. However, if I had to pick any of these entertainers to watch for a full hour it would be the Frank Sinatra guy.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-07, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Next Best Thing"
So, everyone happy with Elvis as the winner?
Personally I preferred Frank, but I didn't vote.
Both Elvi were good - I've seen a lot of Elvis Tribute Artists, and these 2 were a couple of the best.

Smokeysmom found me here!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •