The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-27-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-27-06 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

'We're going to take celebrities. We're going to give them guns. Badges. Law enforcement powers over the citizens of Muncie, Indiana. And then we're going to hope no one dies.'

There are ways to make this even worse than it sounds, but most of them involve putting this fiasco on VH1 and giving all of the above to the Surreal Life cast of your choice. Janice has a gun... Janice has a gun...

(Insert nightmare here.)

But this is on CBS, and the cast of choice is:

Erik Estrada. (Okay, so he knows how to fake holding a gun.)
Trish Stratus. (Okay, so she knows how to hold a chair.)
Jason 'Wee Man' Acuna. (Okay, so he knows how to get shot.)
Jack Osbourne. (Okay, so he knows how to wish he was getting shot.)
LaToya Jackson. (Okay, so she knows how to destroy an entire country in three seconds. What's one city?)

On the bright side, they're going to experience taser hits on camera.

On the dark side -- remember what I said about the guns?

Starts January 10th. Has anyone seen Muncie lately? Is there anything left?

ETA link to the official website: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/armed_and_famous/ I can't get the video clips to load. This may be a blessing.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Bebo 12-27-06 1
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Estee 12-27-06 2
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Cygnus X1 12-28-06 4
       RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Estee 12-28-06 5
           RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Snidget 12-28-06 6
           RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Cygnus X1 12-28-06 7
 RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... maryellennaco 12-27-06 3
 unfortunately, no cqvenus 12-29-06 8
 RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Scuba Steve 01-03-07 9
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... LisaPles 01-04-07 10
 LMAO Prof_ Wagstaff 01-04-07 11
   RE: Viewers Cry for Help? LisaPles 01-10-07 12
 RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... EMTBGRL 01-10-07 13
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... nailbone 01-12-07 30
 Premiere starting. Estee 01-10-07 14
 RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... mysticwolf 01-10-07 15
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Snidget 01-10-07 16
       RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... mysticwolf 01-10-07 18
           RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Estee 01-10-07 19
               RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... mysticwolf 01-10-07 20
           RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Loree 01-11-07 21
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Estee 01-10-07 17
       RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... SurvivorBlows 01-11-07 22
       RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Brtndr98 02-11-07 32
 RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Estee 01-11-07 23
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... mysticwolf 01-11-07 24
       RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Estee 01-11-07 25
           RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... mysticwolf 01-11-07 26
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... dabo 01-12-07 27
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... POETSMOMMY 01-12-07 31
 RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Cyndimaus 01-12-07 28
   RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality ... Loree 01-12-07 29
 On VH1 Ricky 02-12-07 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
Estee, please do the world a favor and summarize this one. Please.

And I would also like to ask people to stop picking on the law enforcement in NC, since at least ours is not a part of a fiasco like this.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-27-06, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
I'm guessing this is your subtle way of saying you'd like to see this thing die a painful, fast, and especially early death. If so, you'll need someone else: I'm not writing any summaries until S:SI is finished. That's probably not going to happen by January 10th.

Why don't you summarize it? You have a nice, lethal touch. And from what I hear, they're all non-elimination episodes, so you should be used to the format.

You almost have to not-hate the theme line: 'Dancing is for wimps!'

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
I agree that this will likely be the trainwreck to end all trainwrecks. Which is why I wouldn't mind summarizing an episode (depending on how quickly it's cancelled). I need something else on my resume besides TAR and The Scholar.

But I'll be away for the first two (again, wishful thinking?) episodes.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

12-28-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
The Big Eye's record for any series actually reaching the air is one episode, set (or at least tied) by -- ugh -- Poison Penny and The Will. So based on precedent, there's at least a chance they'll kill this thing early. And possibly even often. So by the time the schedule reaches Episode #3, we could be looking at prime-time TPIR airings. Goodbye, Bob! And take LaToya with you.

Honestly: how is this not a VH1 series?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
I thought all new VH1 series must include Miss and I use that term loosely New York?

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

Egads have you seen the previews for that VH1 trainwreck. I had to slo-mo part of it to figure out that was a porpoise she was kissing not a giant dildo.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-06, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
I remember VH1's positioning statement, "Music First", like it was nineteen eighty-something.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-27-06, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
So I only know a couple of these people but perhaps while in "training" (use of the word loosely) the Crook has an automatic weapon of some kind and takes the whole lot of them out??? JMHO

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "unfortunately, no"

people just can't seem to get enough of COPS (longest-running reality show), OR celebrities, so throwing them together should be a horrifyingly boring success.

i'm just surprised FOX hasn't released their copycat version yet.

~ cqc

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-03-07, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
I may watch one episode to see if Trish is wearing a super-tight police uniform. Otherwise, I hope they all kill each other.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-04-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
When I saw the promo for this I thought that now we have seen everything in the world of reality TV. How long before someone gets killed filming a reality show!

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-04-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "LMAO"
Well Estee, the clips loaded for me.

I watched Everyone Must Get Tasered, and I wish I had been loaded.

After being tasered, Erik Estrada claims, "One of my testicles has enlarged from getting zapped by a taser." (I wonder how many times he requested a re-shoot.)

LaToya Jackson on the other hand, when zapped, reacts as if she just experienced her first orgasm. (I suspect she went out and bought her very own taser to keep on her nightstand... for "protection".)

This show is going to be a train wreck.
I may have to record it and watch it secretly after my family is sound asleep.

Tribephylanthropy!
Space For Rent.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-10-07, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Viewers Cry for Help? "
That's it! If I find myself watching this, I am checking myself into reality rehab!

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-10-07, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
>Erik Estrada. (Okay, so he
>knows how to fake holding
>a gun.)

Actually, Erik Estrada went to, and graduated from, California Highway Patrol Academy before he was ever on CHiPs in the 1970's, and learned how to correctly ride a motorcycle, shoot and carry a weapon, and perform a traffic stop. The fact I know this? Saaaaaad.

But, it's true.

The rest? Word. You said it!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
and perform a traffic stop.

And yet, he's the one they show NOT properly perofming a traffic stop, yelling at the poor guy to get on the ground with his hands over his head.

01-10-07, 07:59 PM (EST)
14. "Premiere starting."
...that could quite possibly be the worst theme song of all time.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-07, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
God help us, but it's true. We're actually watching it. At least once. It's exactly like a train wreck. You can't help but watch.

(And, yeah, Estrada does look like he has a clue. Momentarily, at least.)

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-07, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
DVR is catching it for me, I don't know if I could stand to watch it "live".

01-10-07, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-07 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

Again, God help me, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Jack Osbourne is a seriously good shot, and he seems to be taking this very seriously.

The part where LaToya has a cell phone convo with one of the other Jackson's is priceless (as is Jack's reaction to being 6' from her when she first handles a weapon). ETA: I forgot the hilarious scene when she first learns about laundomats and change machines. Her learning to eat in a restaurant without a tablecloth or finger bowl is really more pathetic than funny. That poor kid. It's amazing she's as functional as she is.

Tricia whoever is one tough cookie.

And, Estrada is regretting his fame with his first bust, an elderly female drug runner with no teeth, who has an obvious crush on him.

All in all, they all seem to be taking it seriously and doing pretty well. (Of course, the drug paraphenalia and drug identification comes pretty easy to them. )

01-10-07, 09:01 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
All in all, they all seem to be taking it seriously and doing pretty well.

With the exception of Jason, who hasn't quite put aside DAW for cop just yet: this is just giving him an extra place to be famous in. He's trying to do the job, but if it gives him the chance to pick up women and get some props, he may go for that first. The others have already started to figure out the most vital part: 'I could die if I screw this up.' Jason is still firmly convinced in his own immortality.

01-10-07, 09:15 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
Yep. Agree. But he's not on Jackass for nothing. He's just proving why it's an appropriate venue for him.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-07, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
The fact Jack said he has been shooting guns since he was 6 years old was interesting.

This was like COPS with quasi-celebrities.

01-10-07, 08:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
So those were all the highlights they could find in three weeks of training? I guess there just isn't much excitement in watching Jack study police procedural manuals and recite Miranda until he gets it right.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
>So those were all the highlights
>they could find in three
>weeks of training?

The show is only seven episodes and will serve as Idol fodder during its second Wednesday night broadcast, so they had to move the concept along. The fact it's going against Idol next week and therefore needs all the early exposure it can get is also why CBS is airing Episode 2 tonight.

Brtndr98 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-07, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brtndr98 Click to send private message to Brtndr98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
I have to admit that when I first heard of this show, I thought it was the stupidest reality show concept ever. The idea of giving guns and weapons with the athorization to use necessary force to a bunch of B-list celebrities was crazy dangerous.
However, I think they legitimately take a lot of pride in their duties and appreciate the work of their fellow officers.

Jack Osborn and Erik Estrada appear that they could be legitimate officers. Jason Acura could do it as well. But I thought the Police force had a height requirement?

I feel sorry for the female officer who is working with La Toya. Would you want La Toya to watch your back while taking down a armed suspect. God forbid that suspect pulls out a knife, gun or cat. Oh, Erik Estrada just may end up shooting someone before the shows conclusion.

01-11-07, 08:13 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
LaToya is afraid of housecats.

Orange tabbies: threat or menace?

01-11-07, 08:21 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
So... If someone wanted to steal from LaToya, what would be the charge if their weapon of choice were a cat? (Sure would be easier than stealing from Mick Jagger. )

01-11-07, 08:27 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
Not sure. There's probably something on the books about assault with intent to terrify: if you know the victim has a phobia and you go in prepared to use it against them..

01-11-07, 08:36 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
Well... She is willing to try to deal with her phobia. Frankly, these DAWs are actually starting to impress me with how serious they're being about it, and how well they're really doing. I was prepared for a police version of Simple Life, but it's not turning out like that.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
LOL! LaToya is making the rest of the Jackson Tribe seem sane in comparison. Well, most of them anyway.

Eek, it's Garfield!

POETSMOMMY 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-12-07, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail POETSMOMMY Click to send private message to POETSMOMMY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
My 11 year old daughter kept asking "is she really afraid of cats,mommy?"...appears to be, I said...we mostly laughed our way through the hour especially the woman who had Erik Estrada autograph her prosthetic boob...that's something my mom would do..

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-12-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
I missed the first episdode but caught last night's. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. My hubby was impressed at how seriously they seemed to be taking their job.

Erik Estrada seems to be doing really well. How funny to be arrested by your idol?

I laughed at LaToya's fear of cats but I admire that she took steps to get past it. Our fears often seem silly to others but are very real to us. Kudos to her for dealing with it.

I do believe I'll watch again.

Sigs by Cyg

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Armed & Famous: worst reality idea ever?"
I have been enjoying this show too. My DH really likes it. We are both surprised.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-12-07, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "On VH1"
I think they took this off of CBS, but they have been showing the episodes on VH1. I saw several of them last Saturday evening.

It's really not as bad as many of you are saying. The celebrities really do take it seriously.

The only strange thing is that LaToya Jackson does have a frantic fear of house cats. So that does deter her from doing her job at times. Like if there's a crime or a criminal in a house that has a cat in it forget about LaToya going in, she hides in the squad car, like any normal person would.

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •