The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ONE PUNK UNDER GOD- new reality mini series"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

royalzee 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-20-06, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail royalzee Click to send private message to royalzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ONE PUNK UNDER GOD- new reality mini series"
Just finished watching the second episode of the new reality TV mini series "One Punk Under God". It airs on the Sundance Channel, and I think it's one of the best reality dramas I have seen yet. In many ways, the show feels more like a documentary than a reality program as Jay shows us what it's like to be the prodigal son of two religious icons (his parents are Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker) while trying to keep the church he founded alive. I think I'm really starting to like the guy, and it's heartbreaking when jay was trying to get a hold of his estranged fatheron the phone and couldn't. If you haven't seen the first episode, you can stream it from yahoo for free:http://tv.yahoo.com/one-punk-under-god/show/38989;_ylt=AlukM2B10O2NZpZULBjn5mmAo9EF
Definitely recommend checking this one out. Looking forward to the thrid episode next Tuesday night!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ONE PUNK UNDER GOD- new reality... Ricky 12-21-06 1
   RE: ONE PUNK UNDER GOD- new reality... JessicaRN 01-08-07 2
       RE: ONE PUNK UNDER GOD- new reality... tac_2 01-30-07 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-21-06, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ONE PUNK UNDER GOD- new reality mini series"
Welcome to the boards.

Love the title and the premise. Yahoo I can find. Sundance channel will take some searching. I'm pretty sure my Comcast Digital Cable provides it though.

I'll check it out. Thx.

All we are saying is...Give Peace a Chance

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-08-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ONE PUNK UNDER GOD- new reality mini series"
This show kind of breaks my heart. Jay is so honest and sincere in his beliefs and his love for his mother (who really needs to give up on the make-up). His father is just a jerk who doesn't have a clue about connecting to his son, yet Jay keeps at it. I liked when he said that his father is sincere, at least when he's on TV. And didn't Jim Baker just replace Tammy Faye with another younger version. And Jay's wife is very cool, but she definitely does not want him to be a minister.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-30-07, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ONE PUNK UNDER GOD- new reality mini series"
This is show I'd watch just because from what I've seen of Jay Bakker is impressive. For a kid who went through what he did and come out of it with such grace and forgiveness is not to be ignored. And in interviews, both on the news shows and internet, it's clear he's non-judgmental and those he may not like he refuses to comment on.
Unfortunately, I don't get the Sundance Channel.

I guess you all probably know his mother, Tammy Faye Messner is now living out her final days in a Hospice. Sad times for Jay and his family. I was not a follower of their religion but I certainly admire how they all withstood the constant criticism and, of course, Jay's father being incarcerated for such a long time.

yeah...I'd watch Jay. Just because he's still considered an underdog in the zany world of evangelists.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •