The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ratings."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-03-09, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ratings."
In case you were wondering what the real chances are of NBC canceling this mid-fiasco and leaving them out there...

Episode #1 2.3/7, 6.35 million viewers, first place for its time period

...they're not good.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ratings. Snidget 06-03-09 1
   RE: Ratings. AyaK 06-03-09 2
 RE: Ratings. true 06-04-09 3
   RE: Ratings. Snidget 06-04-09 4
   RE: Ratings. Estee 06-05-09 5
       RE: Ratings. prisidio 06-08-09 9
 RE: Ratings. Puffy 06-08-09 6
 I must be living under Iraq IceCat 06-08-09 7
   RE: I must be living under Iraq Snidget 06-08-09 8
 Expanded Hours Snidget 06-12-09 10
   RE: Expanded Hours Estee 06-15-09 11
       RE: Expanded Hours mindy23 06-20-09 12
           RE: Expanded Hours Estee 06-20-09 13
 RE: Ratings. Agman2 04-11-16 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-09, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ratings."
*deleted expletive*

And still it seems they are playing did they really quit or not.

Gosh, golly, gee, do you think they would let them quit every episode right before the vote just to be let back on the show after each and every vote just so MTV will replay the show on weekends and the "stars" they had to take from MTV to get that deal will have to be in the finals?

In other news.

Looks like the baptism didn't take TMZ link

although if NBC did that enough to the rest of the cast sooner or later one of them is going to baptize Spencer again, but just hold him under long enough for him to stop twitching.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AyaK 10394 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-09, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ratings."
>just hold him under long enough for him to stop twitching.

I don't think there'd be any shortage of volunteers for that stunt.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-09, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ratings."
The ratings must stink where I live. The local NBC affiliate preempted tonights episode to show paid/local programming.

06-04-09, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ratings."
Can be ratings issues.

Can be if people are complaining. I could see people getting up in arms about the baptism thing and making enough noise an affiliate might take it off.

06-05-09, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ratings."
Looks like Wikipedia was a little quick on the #1, too. Here's the revised ratings for the first three episodes. Read it left to right as episode number, rating, share, the 18-49 cluster, millions of viewers, and rank for the night.

1 4.0 7 2.6/8 6.45 #3
2 3.7 7 2.2/7 5.54 #4
3 TBA 5 1.5/5 4.78 TBA

So if nothing else, viewership is solidly on the drop.

prisidio 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-08-09, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prisidio Click to send private message to prisidio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ratings."
I'm surprised they are even that high! It's definitely trash TV at its worse...but its a guilty pleasure! :-P

Puffy 6671 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-09, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ratings."

MTV is showing "encore presentations" of the show.

Compliments of the Agmeister

IceCat 17411 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-09, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I must be living under Iraq"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-09 AT 03:49 AM (EST)

*badoom psssssssh*

Seriously though, I'd never even heard of these two people until the headlines started about the quit/not-quit status.

What exactly are they famous for? Is it just for this "The Hills" show which I've never even seen a preview clip for? Do they have 'household name' status in North America?

At least "Surreal Life" had people whose names at least rang a bell for me.

ETA: If you pronounce Iraq "EYE-rack", please ignore the rim shot at the beginning of this post.

06-08-09, 05:43 AM (EST)
8. "RE: I must be living under Iraq"
Their main fame is being on "The Hills" on MTV.

Spencer was also on another fairly short lived MTV show that was also in that young people with money vein.

Heidi has recorded a couple of songs, but isn't generally known for her music career. I think Spencer shot the first (maybe any) music videos so he's a producer type as well as his show. I think the song "Higher" did at least crack the charts, but I don't think it really went much of anywhere.

They have some attention outside MTV as they are seen in tabloids and entertainment news shows because they stage a lot of events when they aren't staging things on "The Hills" and somehow are able to get paparazzi to show up for them picking out a pumpkin or having a birthday on a yacht.

The main thing they got in the news for before this was running off to Mexico to elope (with photographers in tow) but only making sure they had publicity for the wedding ceremony and not taking care of any of the legal paperwork or stuff so it actually counted. They did have a wedding recently that was for the season finale of "The Hills" but I don't know if anyone actually cared to check to see if they did the paperwork thing, but I think this time was actually legally binding.

06-12-09, 03:55 PM (EST)
10. "Expanded Hours"
From the futoncritic.com twitter

"Because you (didn't) demand it: NBC adds two more hours of "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" - http://tinyurl.com/nb2j3o";

06-15-09, 04:21 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Expanded Hours"
I repeat: 'NBC: we're cheap and it's paid for.'

Looks like we're hovering around the 4.75-5.25m range. (Wonder how much of that is VFTW.)

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-20-09, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Expanded Hours"
We have just one more week to go, right? Please tell me I'm right. I shivver at the fact that someday, somewhere, in an old, dusty, attic, my great grandchildren will come across some relic that will implicate me in this horrendous scheme of affairs!

How can we ever hide the fact that we've been involved? This board really IS anonymous, right? You promised, darn you, YOU PROMISED!!!!!!!!!

06-20-09, 09:22 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Expanded Hours"
That depends. Do you live in Bozeman?

Agman2 2579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-11-16, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ratings."
No wAy, they actually waste their time rating this show?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •