The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S45|E5: Summary Part 2 - Animals "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 4298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-27-23, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S45|E5: Summary Part 2 - Animals "
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-23 AT 06:52 PM (EST)

As Roger Waters wisely wrote while recording Pink Floyd's best album, «Animals» the world is divided in Pigs, Dogs and Sheep. These divisions also apply to Survivor as we will see:

1 - Pigs: The World Leaders

«Big man, pig man
Ha-ha, charade you are

You, well-heeled big wheel
Ha-ha, charade you are

And when your hand is on your heart
You're nearly a good laugh
Almost a joker
With your head down in the pig bin
Saying, "Keep on digging"
Pig stain on your fat chin...»

Doesn't this fit perfectly on Jiffy and, before him, on Burnett. In fact it applies to all of Production and SeeBS.

2 - Dogs: The Soldiers

«You got to be crazy
You gotta have a real need
You gotta sleep on your toes
And when you're on the street
You got to be able to pick out the easy meat
With your eyes closed
And then moving in silently down wind and out of sight
You got to strike when the moment is right, without thinking

And after a while you can work on points for style
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to
So that when they turn their backs on you
You'll get the chance to put the knife in...»

In Survivor, these are the big players, the backstabbers and the Tribe Leaders.

3 - Sheep: The Masses

«Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air
You better watch out
There may be dogs about...

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?
Meek and obedient, you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors, into the valley of steel
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes
Now things are really what they seem
No, this is not a bad dream...»

The Survivor Sheep are the easist to identify, starting with the biggest one of the all Lamber of Season 2

Now who are the Dogs and the Sheep of Survivor 45? Let's get to the summary of Episode 5 and see if we can identify them:

Interestingly enough the episode's title is «I don't want to be the worm» and I can assure Kendra who turns out to be the one that delivers the quote, there are no worms in Survivor. Well maybe some are crawling on you during most of your stay in Fiji but they aren't characters in the story.

The Episode started a little after the swap with tribe members still sniffing each other's butt.

First, in Rebook after Sean's quit.

I guess even Waters didn't consider quitters so what category do we assign to Sean? Easy, he's Sheep Turd, bad smell and every thing.

Sufi, the lost sheep, the one even sheep dog let go because he's a lost cause, wonders why his name came up at TC.

Sheepishly, Julie said she wasn't ready to talk about it.

So Sufi turns to Dee and asks if she was surprised to see her name. Putting on Sheep clothes, Dee answers:
- «Of course. It is always a surprise to see your name at TC.»

Talking to the pig assigned to her camera, Dee reveals her canines when she confides: «TC could not have gone any worse. It should have been Sufi going home and now it's bad because he's pissing all over camp. One of us voted him, and yes, it was me but we had the chance to get rid of the one that causes chaos. This is not the time to be sheepish, we must play the game.»

Isn't Dee a cute dog? I'd just want to rub her belly!

After Sufi and Jules admitted voting against Sheep Turd, Dee lied through her Dog teeth and, with aplomb, said:

- «I voted Sean too.»

When Sufi tells the group that Sean told him that he didn't vote against him, Jules goes into an episode of scrapie. Her whole body trembles and becomes stiff and she nearly screams that Sean threw them under the bus.

Look Jules, if Sufi can count to 3...Ok that may be a big if, Then if he believes that Sean wrote Sufi, who wrote Dee? It would have to be you or Maya, no? Do you think Sufi is dumb enough to believe that.

In confessional, Sufi tells us that he can't tell the dog from the sheep. They all look alike to him.

That's not very good for his future. If he can't read the 3 animals he's been grazing with for 10 days now, how will he manage when 9 new ones enter the pen.

We now enter the Blue Belly Pen on Day 10

Despite being famished, «the sheep remain inside their pen
Though many times they've seen the way to leave.»

They don't have the energy to go find some food so they just sit there and complain.

Suddenly Kendra finds a worm.

Where did it come from? you ask. I think it fell out of her nose when she dug her hoof into it. I hope that image disgusted you enough!

Do sheep eat worm? Kendra proves that they don't has she almost throws up as soon as it enters her throat

The Nerd loves Mama-Goat. He doesn't fully understand how she gets all that energy.

I think Draw sees Kendra as a GILF: A «Goat he'd like to fuc&»! but is Draw old enough to copulate? I think that, had Drawn approached Kendra and tried to mount her, she'd kick her hoof right into his genitals. That would be B-AH-AH-AH-AH-D for Draw.

Wait, do we say "would be Draw"? Or is "would be Drawn" the proper grammar? It certainly isn't "would be Drew"... Who would want to be Drew?! As for energy; have you seen the size of Kendra's Breasts? She must have a month's worth of reserves in there.

It's now time to visit the LuluLoser Pen.

Bruce tells Jake to move his lazy fat a$$ so Jake does get up but he develops another case of Goat's Scrapie. He falls over and has convulsions.

Jake in BlueBelly

Sheep aren't supposed to get Mad Cow disease but Jake shared the same pen with Cowturah for 9 days so maybe it is contagious.

Jake doesn't want to be sent to slaughter right away. He still has valuable wool to give to the world. Since they have Sheepdog Kellie on the spot to take care of Jake we don't get to see the Pig Doctor. Jake trots on for another day. He confides that he used to be a supergoat weighing in at 280 pounds.

Man! That's a lot of Mutton!

Jake goes on and on and even shows us crocodile tears about his past.

It looked as fake as crocodile tears on a sheep

The next scene is about Cowturah getting caught looking for the idol. She searches her a$$ off but sheepishly tells us that she failed.

Sheeps should lay low when the dogs are around and BlueBelly has a two of the bigger ones: The African Boerboel Named Kaleb and a Chamuco named Kelie. They both caught Cowturah and got her back in step with the heard.

We got to see sheepdog Kaleb in action: After rounding up all the sheep, putting them comfortably in the pen, he felt that he had earned their trust. So then he turned to the other sheepdog Kellie and told us that she is her real alliance.

Good Boy, Kaleb, smart doggie. You should get a reward for such a good play.

Back in Reebok, the only talk around the pen is about Quitter Sean.

Dee gives us her background. She comes from a long line of Chamucos and she's proud of her heritage. There are no quitters in her family.

Trying to join the pack of dogs, Sufi tells us about his fake idol and how he's going to use it to stay in the game.

Good luck with that Sufi but your bark needs a lot more work.

J Maya offers herself as a pawn to draw Sufi, telling him she was the one that wrote his name.

Dee loves it an may use it against J herself.

Now that is a real Dog move by Dee. She just got a whiff of blood and she pounced. Just to show the difference between a good dog and a sheep, you have Jules' amazement when Dee told her about the idea.

That's when we get to another boring challenge. I took the time to summarize it in Part 1 so I'll refer you to that post.

One thing I didn't mention was, as winners, Reebok had to send one of their own players plus one from the other two heards on an expedition.

J Maya won the rock-paper-scissors against Dee so she'll be going and she'll be joined by Kellie because she was so disappointed in missing out of the challenge and Texas because he's a former Reebok and can give them information about his new heard.

A sheep going on an excursion with 2 Dogs now that might be interesting. It would have been better to get three dogs together but they'll have time to fight each other later.

With no dogs around to get them to move, BlueBelly doesn't know what to do. They do have to vote someone out but they don't know how to go about it.

Kendra and Emily get together and talk stragedy. Kendra says it will be Drawn tonight. She feels he's already past tense.

Brando and Draw talk and Brando offers his shot in the dark if Draw can get Texas and Emily to vote against Kendra and not him.

All you sheep out there: Note the clumsyness of that offer. It was an evident trap for Draw because it wasn't done in Emily's presence.

In confessional, Brando admits he wants to play like a dog and be willing to do anything to get through TC.

A sheep can't change its spot just like that and become a dog. It took 45 seasons of evolution to develop the teeth and the skills needed to play this game and Brando thinks he can master it overnight? I think it will soon be Good-Bah-ah for Brando.

Before that, we get to see just how b-a-a-a-d Brando's plan collapses. First, Draw realizes that Brando didn't even put up a fight, that he gave away his pen-mate Kendra much too easily.

So Draw talked with Emily and told him about Brando's offer.
Now Emily is confused...
It doesn't take much you say and you are absolutelky right.

Talking to Brando, Emily hears the opposite version: According to Brando, it was Drawn that threw Kendra under the bus.

Sheep are so trusting and as a sheep, Emily goes in line with the last version she heard: She will vote with Kendra and Brando to get Drew.

Hearing what Emily had to say about rew's plan irritated Kendra who said she was turning into a pit-bull Terrier.

Could Kendra be a dog after all? Well it's her first time at TC so we never had to observe her this closely. Maybe she does have dog genes. She does have the canines.

Over on their own Island, Maya, Kellie and Texas go on a trek.

Kellie recognizes that she is the only original BlueBelly of the trio and that she is in with two Reeboks. She wants to sniff them out and see if they could become allies.

Arriving at the top of the hill the trio is confronted by a choice: Either eat sandwiches or get an amulet, the kind that can only be played if they are together in the game but that gains power if one is eliminated from the game. That is the kind of advantage that puts a target on your back.!

How dumb a choice is that? I mean, having won reward, two of the three members KNOW that they have a great meal waiting for them at camp. It also gives Texas a nice way out. He can look less threatening because he can choose food (which he needs because there are no fish waiting at camp for him) over the amulet (that he doesn't need since he has advantages up the wazoo already!)

Kellie was the deciding vote in getting the Amulets for the trio, leaving the food to rot. Texas pretends to go along but he will turn his amulet into an idol just to make them pay for keeping food from him.

Long before Animals, in fact when Syd Barrett was the leader of Pink Floyd, they had a hit with the song:

SEE EMILY PLAY

"Emily tries but misunderstands
She's often inclined to borrow somebody's dreams 'til tomorrow

There is no other day
Let's try it another way
You'll lose your mind and play
Free games for May
See Emily play..."

Emily tells Drew that she believes Brando's version over his. Now Draw is worried about going home.

Luckily Texas comes back to solidify things.

Texas first lies to the heard that he loss the sweat challenge.

He quickly reestablished the truth with his buddy Drew. So Texas will talk to Emily but if worse comes to worse, Drew can skip out of the Council and Texas can use his advantage to get his way.

Talking to Texas, Emily has a chance to position herself in the game.

Tribal Council

There's the usual Yadda-Yadda between Big Man, Pig Man Jiffy and the 5 members of Reebok.

In the end, Brando is elimated in a 3-2 vote, leaving Kendra as a lone dog.

OK, now that we have established the roles who will win in the end?
If you go by Roger Waters then you have to consider how the album closes on the following lyrics:

"Have you heard the news?
The dogs are dead."

The Pigs always win according to Pink Floyd and it is true that Probst and Burnett have made much more money than any contestants ever did but we are talking about the sole Survivor here.

Dogs have it tough because they have to outlast each other and still beat the sheep in the end. The more there are dogs in the game the more a sheep has a chance of winning it all. But if a dog can get rid of its true competition early enough then it has a chance.

To summarize: The dogs are Dee, Austin, Kellie, Kaleb and Kendra. Already having an alliance Dee and Austin could very well have a paw up on the other three but Kaleb is playing a very good doggone game! If he solidifies his alliance with Kellie that good be very productive.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S45|E5: Summary Part 2 - Animal... Aruba 10-31-23 1
   RE: S45|E5: Summary Part 2 - Animal... michel2 10-31-23 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-31-23, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S45|E5: Summary Part 2 - Animals "
This may come as shocking to you given my love for 1960s British Rock, but I am not a big Pink Floyd fan even though I do regard them as a rock-n-roll icon. I like your animal metaphors and not a whole lot to disagree with applying them to this season cast. I agree Dee, Austin, Kellie, Kaleb and Kendra are among the castaways I expect to see surviving to the end of this subpar season.

Circling back to my prior post when I noted dudes acting like little girls and Kendra Kleavage who is coming off more masculine than most of the male castaways this season, allow me to quote the lyrics by one of my favorite British Invasion bands (The Kinks) from their smash hit (Lola.)

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls,
it’s a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world…

That’s pretty much how Survivor has digressed "...mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up...” and messed-up.

I’ll leave you temporarily with that sad commentary. I will most likely catch tomorrow’s episode, but not sure I’ll be able to post anything much less even get to this forum. I’ll be MIA all next week and will not be watching that episode. Wanted to give you a heads-up so you don’t feel all your work and efforts on any posts for the next week and a half were for naught.

We’ll reconvene for the Nov 15th episode. Don’t feel too “lonely” without me. Ha-Ha!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel2 4298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-31-23, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S45|E5: Summary Part 2 - Animals "
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-23 AT 10:01 PM (EST)

Luckily, you didn't need to know or like Pinki Floyd to follow since I gave the lyurics that fit the scenes and the characters.

Thanks for adding Lola from The Kinks. Survivor has been messed up ever Snce Cook Islands. The all-white alliance looked like it was overtaking the game and that got production desperate to find a good ending. They threw twists after twists until the got their mixed race alliance in the F4.

You did miss something though. The Dogs are dead said the Floyds, so Dee, Austin, Kellie, Kaleb and Kendra will undoubtedly go after each other and I predict that, at most, one will make it to the end.

Bon Voyage!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •