The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 3306 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-30-23, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-23 AT 07:53 AM (EST)

This season is shaping up to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn’t say worst-of-all-time, but certainly down in the bowels of the franchise.

We went back to only one challenge and no TC. That, in itself, is enough reason to appropriately call this episode a REAL turd.

Tika comes back from TC. Dum-Dum starts rambling something about “Roger Rabbit.” If you want to make an animal analogy, try this one—JACKASS! His thoughtless stupidity was a blessing for Josh & Carolyn. Their counteractions to Dum-Dum’s idiocy were so obvious even if Josh/Carolyn want to comically play it up as smart gameplay. About as brilliant as putting on your headlights while driving at night...

At Ratu, Matthew is complaining about his shoulder. Carson lends him a sympathetic ear and a compassionate hug. Carson continues to shine this season as he connects with Kane. This partnership was inevitable as they formed the Geek Squad discussing topics like Pokémon and Lord of the Flies. Boy oh boy, was I glad I tuned in for this episode * snort *
In an event, Carson is working it. He is shaping up to be the Jesse of last season—only better.

We go from a nerd-out at Ratu to the “dork magnets” at Soka, but not before Jaime becomes frustrated over Matt’s disinterest over anything she has to say. Sorry Jaime, Matt already grabbed his rebound. Matt went from kissing a fake idol two episodes ago to a warm embrace with his real rebound. Matt was the quintessential gentleman by asking Frannie if it was OK first. Although, I do not recall Matt extending the same courtesy to the idol.

This sappy interaction is followed by a Frannie confessional who is getting all hot and bothered over a potential date with Matt after the show. I guess part of “new school” Survivor is hearing the interviewer (Production) during a confessional. I understood hearing them while kicking-off the Premier when Carolyn sadly needed direction just to conduct an interview, but it happened again during Frannie’s confessional asking if she was blushing.

Actually, it was an understandable question to ask upon noticing her face was red given all the nasty blemishes on the girls’ faces this season. Proactive should consider being a new sponsor for Survivor with those facial blotches we’ve seen thus far. Needless to say, HDTV has NOT been kind to the female castaways this season.

Back at Tika, Dum-Dum and Dr. “Bitch-Face” attempt to kiss and make up. I should qualify that as “figuratively,” because Dum-Dum is a married man. They both bond over “coming out of the closet.” Production uses this gay befriending of sorts to do an up close and personal on Josh’s past.

We are informed of Josh defying the odds of all the medical and health disorders plaguing his early life to become a surgeon. These vignettes are what I refer to as the acronym SSUCAP. (Swan Song Up Close And Personals.) It’s Production’s way of making the viewers feel compassion for its poor casting decisions right before their torches are snuffed. So, I’m preparing myself for a Josh boot.

Halfway through this episode, FINALLY a challenge. Oh yes, before the challenge, we need to get a “first look” at the “new” Tika tribe—Sarah voted out at last TC. Edvard Munch’s “The Scream” took a break this episode as Frannie’s mouth stayed shut; but you’d swear she was suffering from TED (Thyroid Eye Disease) as her eyeballs bulged out from their sockets over a player (Sarah) she hasn’t had a morsal of interaction with this season. Perhaps, Tepezza can join Proactive as new sponsors. * snort *

The tiniest Survivor (Heidi,) once again, stepped up to compete while other females joined IR Matthew on the Sandra Sit-Out Bench. The challenge outcome was predictable with Tika losing AGAIN. And this was with Dr. Josh’s surgical hands failing him. Oh, I forgot...he’s not a surgeon...he’s a physical therapist...

To cement this episode as a REAL turd, we have ANOTHER excursion to Journey Island. This is really getting ridiculous! Brandon, Danny, and Carolyn are chosen. The excursion involved NO advantages and NO penalties; just an eating binge and a meet-and-greet/get-to-know each other.

Previously, we were shown how Danny’s wife just gave birth to his daughter four months ago. He emotionally tells us how he can’t wait to hold his daughter. Understood, but Danny Boy...how about a little love for the misses?? This woman carried your child for nine months, delivers the baby, and only four months in you decide to bolt and take part in a primetime TV competition?!

That could provide some explanation for ignoring Carolyn during the feast while establishing a firefighter/ex-pro athlete bromance with Brandon. Carolyn is agitated feeling like a “third turd,” but she really shouldn’t because all Survivor fans should be privy to the fact alpha-males are among the earliest post-merge Anti-Darwin Syndrome victims. This certainly puts any goat material like Carolyn in the clear.

I do give Carolyn props for how she handled the situation that obviously bothered her. She did give subtle hints to Danny and Brandon expressing her displeasure. Her efforts went over Danny’s head, but Brandon seemed to pick up on it. Brandon went so far to assure Carolyn, he wanted her around post merge. Of course, it would have been unwise to tell her he wanted to have Carolyn deep in the game as a goat, so he needed to come up with a convincing reason. This is when it REALLY got comical.

Brandon tells Carolyn he wants her around because “she’s proven herself in challenges?” The same Carolyn who “proved” she lost the first challenge this season for Tika (long pants notwithstanding??) The same Carolyn who “proved” she was outperformed with a slingshot by a one-armed competitor??? Had Brandon told Carolyn he wanted her around to gawk at her plastic boobies it would have been ill-advised...but at least honest.

Carolyn returns back to Tika seeing red. She’s now determined to join forces with the most ANTI-alpha male she can find. Fortunately for Yam-Yam, he fits the bill. But while Carolyn was away, Yam-Yam and Josh were having their “coming-out-of-the-closet” moment. Yam-Yam assured Josh he would NOT be writing down Josh’s name again. The same Yam-Yam who made an emphatic point of telling us he “HATES LIARS.”

When the three stooges reconvene, Josh shows them a fake idol he made from the tree mail beads (the same one Matthew made to dupe Jaime) that literally comes apart in Yam-Yam’s hands. You’d think it would stay intact since it was constructed by Dr. Josh’s “surgical” hands. No way I’d ever want this clown as MY surgeon. He compounds his ridiculous lie by showing the SAME idol message he previously showed Carolyn!

Even Dum-Dum figured out Josh’s idol was fake which does not say a whole lot for Jaime.
Yep, way to pick’em Production.

It appears Josh is toast at Tika’s upcoming TC, but Yam-Yam is not giving Carolyn any definite assurance causing Carolyn’s indecision to play her idol that she would like to have going into the merge.

All TC speculation becomes a moot point when a boat carrying Jeff arrives at Tika and the clock on my wall shows 8:55pm EST. The obvious is confirmed. Matthew is medi-vaced and Tiki is spared TC.

Next Time on Survivor:
The merge is here. Carolyn rants about “so many people.” I guess when the dumb decision is made to start off with only six and your tribe (that sucks in challenges) has dwindled to three, anything over half-a-dozen would seem like “so many.” LOL. Jaime and Carson’s Journey Island idols are invalidated. Danny still has his real idol and Carolyn keeps her idol she did not have to use when TC was cancelled. Matt and Jaime are coveting their fake idols. What becomes of Matthew’s idol? That question is the primary reason for me to tune in for Ep. 6.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd michel2 04-01-23 1
   RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd Aruba 04-04-23 2
       RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd michel2 04-04-23 3
           RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd Aruba 04-05-23 4
               RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd michel2 04-05-23 5
               See? No ADS michel2 04-05-23 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 4112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-01-23, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd"
First I must say that I am flabbergasted that you would judge Dr Josh's surgical skills by what you see of him on TV. You know that what you wrote could be judged defamatory even if we are in a Bashers forum. You have NO IDEA what kind of doctor he is.

Also, about your SSUCAP: Why did Josh's personal video make you think he'd be leaving? We've had many personal videos of players who are still in the game including your favorite Carson who has had 2! The same could have been said about Danni's video but, of course, by then he had won immunity. So another of your theories goes down the drain.

Speaking of which: What season are you watching? Season 10 maybe? I don't know if you've caught on but this statement of yours hasn't applied for a long time: «...all Survivor fans should be privy to the fact alpha-males are among the earliest post-merge Anti-Darwin Syndrome victims.»

S43 - Dwight Moore
S42 - Chanelle Howell
S41 - Tiffany Sealy
S40 - Season with returning Players
S39 - Kellee Kim
S38 - Season with returning Players
S37 - Elizabeth Olson
S36 - Chris Noble
S35 - Jessica Johnston

Of those ONLY Chris Noble was an alpha but he wasn't voted out for his strength but for being stupid, targeting someone who could have been his best ally. I could go back even further but why bother? THERE IS NO SUCH THING as a supposed «Anti-Darwin syndrome» vote against alpha-males at the merger. Not anymore and hardly ever.

I know you only watch the episode once but you should have understood Brandon's comment from the context. Instead you wrote:
Brandon tells Carolyn he wants her around because “she’s proven herself in challenges?”

I went back to get the actual quote and this is it: «...You would be someone that I'd want to keep around because you HAVEN'T PROVEN YOURSELF TO DO VERY WELL IN CHALLENGES...»

I know you salivate over these big strong guys, (something I've always considered a sign of repressed homosexual tendencies) but, while I'm happy to have an ex-NFL player lending credibility to the show, I find him hopelessly dumb.

Also, I marvel that you cannot fathom that a women can have large natural boobs. Every time one has been on the show you've ALWAYS talked about Plastic Boobies. (Maybe another sign of repressed Homosexual feelings) OK, I know it's a possibility but unless we see her naked, there is no way to tell for sure if those are fake or real. They look real to me.

Do you want a quote that I think will become fact soon? It came from Carolyn talking about Brandon and Danny: «They better watch out for me at the merge because I will make the merge.»
We already know that the second half of the sentence is true and I am almost certain the first one will also be right: Carolyn outlasts the 2 guys and will have a role in their demise.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-04-23, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd"
Talk about erroneous allegations/inferences or whatever you want to call those false assumptions against a POSTER on this Board. Gotta start somewhere, so here goes...

First off, “surgical hands” was a term originated by Josh, HIMSELF, not I. He used it in Ep. 2 to credit his team’s second place finish. LOL. My appropriate bash of that phrase was for humility purposes to bring the clown back down to earth when Tika finished last. It’s not the first time this season I used humility as bashing fodder. I also did it when Lauren felt high and mighty waving the immunity sword only to fail miserably (and then quit) in the challenge. Based on what I’ve seen from Josh in the game, I don’t need to observe if he has “surgical hands” in the operating room or not to decide whether he’d be my doctor. I also don't have to know specifically "what kind of a doctor he is" because we all can observe what kind of a LIAR he is. For the record, my primary source of bashing Josh is he’s a liar and I am bashing the profession he LIED about. To spin me bashing/criticizing his dishonesty in regard to his own profession as “defamation” is preposterous.

Everyone has different criteria for choosing one’s physician/medical practitioner. For me, I must feel completely comfortable a doctor/surgeon be totally HONEST. Case in point, Josh has shown this early in the game quite the contrary. He has LIED on more than one occasion. So, I stand by my statement, “I would not want him for my surgeon/doctor,” despite your misinterpretations and wrongful allegations of "defamation."

Want an example of defamation? How about an erroneous inference of a poster on this board with "repressed homosexual tendencies??" It is my understanding the Basher Forum is to appropriately bash the castaways/players in the game; not those contributing to the board.

You can observe the body structure/frame of a woman, i.e., skinny legs/limbs to get a very, very good idea if she is sporting plastic boobies. When it looks like two volleyballs tied around a couple of broomsticks, I’ll make that statement/claim. Since we both predict Carolyn will advance far in the game (albeit for different reasons) after 20+ days of food deprivation if she wastes away to skin/bones and silicone, that will be enough confirmation for me.

We’ve gone back and forth over the ADS for years to know pretty darn well many victims of the ADS are not ONLY reserved for “alpha-males” although they could be. Mind-boggling you would conveniently overlook easily the most victimized player of the ADS—Joe Anglim. In S31 the very first post-merge opportunity, he was Anti-Darwined. The very first opportunity in S34 he was Anti-Darwined. And yet again in S38. In S37, former pro wrestler John Hennigan was eliminated shortly after the merge due to his physical stature as a potential challenge threat. Ozzy was eliminated very soon after the merge in S34. And just to show the ADS does not victimize ONLY “alpha-males,” Desi in S35 was feared as a challenge threat. The chickensh!t scaredy-cats wanted her out during the merge episode, but she won immunity at the first individual IC. The very next episode...bye-bye Desi. I’m not going to waste my time continuing to cite more seasons. I’ve provided enough to show ADS is prevalent post-merge. The primary purpose for me even bringing up ADS in my Ep. 5 assessment was to reinforce the fact challenge inept wackadoodles like Carolyn will have very little to worry about post-merge.

Yes, I did watch this episode only once and considering how horribly this episode SUCKED, I have NO intention of subjecting myself to more “turd” by watching it (or any part of it) again. That being said, I will go with your correction that Brandon said he’d keep Carolyn around because she “has NOT proven herself in challenges.” If anything, it confirms precisely what I’ve been saying about those types of players advancing in the game.

Thank you very much for that correction (and confirmation!)

04-04-23, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd"
One of our main differecnes: I accept someone lying on Survivor, even Tom Westman did it, and I don't think it reflects anything of their real life behavior. Especially for a doctor who is bound by his oath.

If you had waited until day 25 to say Carolyn has pl;astic boobies, then maybe I'd agree but you started IMMEDIATELY whenh no one had yet to lose an ounce.

There are no more moderators here so anything goes! And as if you hadn'tr bashed me quite often. Also, if you read correctly, I said that I suspected Homosexual Tendencies, not that it was a fact.

So season 34 and 38 become real seasons when it suits your case? Glad to know. The problem for Joe wasn,t only that he was good in challenges but he had proven himself to be EXTREMELY well-liked and he had no real alliances. Bye-Bye. ADS is a myth you've invented to protect your favorites.

04-05-23, 04:55 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd"
Tom Westman did not initiate lies. We’ve devoted countless words over the years with lame reaches on your part that probably required rotator cuff surgery. Who knows...made Josh was your surgeon. LOL

I did not incorporate Carolyn’s plastic boobs in my assessments until EPSIODE 3. So, it was NOT "IMMEDIATELY." Day 25 will be the confirmation; her current body frame is enough for me to note them now.

HMMM, OK, so I could “suspect” a male Survivor fan who has a bias favoring female castaways has transgender/closet queen “tendencies.” Not that I’m stating it as a “fact” mind you...

When ranking best Survivors, I do put a tremendous premium on the FIRST season they participated in for obvious reasons. I prefer not to watch seasons with all returning players because it’s so blatant PRE-strategies, PRE-alliances, and PRE-interactions between players occur before the season officially begins. Unfortunately, the ADS has no bias whether it's seasons with newcomers or returnees. When you HEAR chickensh!t scaredy-cats specifically SAY they want proactive successful challenge competitors out, that’s not a myth; it’s a fact proven by verbal testimony. Thanks to the piss-poor job Production does with casting, when it does successfully cast a player like Joe, the others become jealous of anyone who gives 100% effort and is successful doing so. Consequently, it becomes a huge challenge for a player like Joe to try to align with that pathetic resentment.

04-05-23, 06:54 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S44 Ep. 5: A REAL Turd"
No, normal cis-gender male here able to appreciate the social game!

Why does anyone give 100%? Tyson smartly exaggerated his injury to be perceived less of a threat. There are ways to deflect any target if you are smart enough. Joe wasn't smart enough.

04-05-23, 08:13 PM (EST)
6. "See? No ADS"
Carson jusr explained why there is no ADS: The power players g0o after each other and then the smart player scoops up the ones at the bottom to form the winning alliosnce =­ Smart and humans survived much more becauser they were smarter than the rest, NOT stronger.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •