Call me old-fashioned, but we have women...namely Rachel who wanted to be "one of the guys" and potty-mouth Marissa who would make a drunken sailor or rowdy truck driver blush. Then we go to the other side of the gender pool and we have weepy guys crying on everyone's a$$ at every turn, cuddling with each other at the campfire, and wearing a cupcake belt buckle?
If I'm to take the term "Reality TV" literally what does this say about today's society? Could someone PLEASE find me an old DeLorean, and introduce me to a "Doc Brown" who can install a flux capacitor on the engine so I can go back to a time when men were men and women were women?
Because I didn't post this list last week, below is mostly a combination of the last TWO episodes.
1) ARAS - Mostly for his confessionals. I'm liking a veteran player and former winner confirming what I've been ranting on these Boards for years---You are, who you are, who you are. And "Gay Russell Hantz" ROFLMAO! Also like his IC win despite brother Vytas' cheap shot. You just KNOW Production must be spinning its wheels trying to figure a way to advance both brothers for a classic "Cain vs. Abel" FTC.
2) CANDICE - She not only won both RI duels, she OWNED them. Some criticize her for giving both clues to hubby--but not I. Sure he was targeted, but if he's too darn dense to be unable to find the HII with TWO clues then I criticize John; not Candice.
3) VYTAS - He came to play the game. Culpepper may be perceived as the leader of the all-male alliance, but I see Vytas as a more behind-the-scenes driving force.
4) TYSON - After Ep. 2 I had him #1, but that cupcake belt buckle drops him a bit. Quite frankly, Hayden could have sneezed on his arm and popped out his shoulder. Although he needs to put more meat on his bones, there's definitely enough fire in his belly.
5) LAURA M. - Has been a key performer in ALL three ICs and Galang wins. But not in the 5-person Galang alliance; so could be a struggle advancing beyond post-merge.
6) GERVASE - Key contributor in Galang's second IC win. His brash in-your-face attitude could make him a popular choice to sit next to at FTC. I think he'd be perfectly content with the 100K runner-up prize.
7) HAYDEN - Has made the transition from BB to Survivor. Other than Vytas, he's the only first-timer I see having a chance to win.
8) TINA - She starts the game on a strong tribe, and is secure in the recent 5-person alliance formed at Galang. This puts her in a great post-merge position. But if she's to succeed in an endgame she must either A) win individual ICs or B) be carried. I don't see her winning ICs and Colby's not playing. We'll probably see more of her this season, but I have her as a longshot to make FTC.
9) MONICA - When deciding to sit out of last IC my first thought was, "Huh What?" She appears fit enough to have done well, but then again, the high impact may have damaged her plastic boobies. If Galang loses an IC, they'd be idiots not to vote her out figuring Culpepper would probably pull a "Ruppert." But that would place her as an outcast on Tadhana and very much at risk.
10) KAT - Dodged a bullet with Colton's failed attempt at chaos. Sat out of one IC, but notched a key victory in the other. Still, not much going on with her.
11) LAURA B. - She'll advance for as long as the others feel inclined to keep an inept performer around. Hey, it increased Sandra's wealth by $2 million and it got Cirie to two F4s, but I just don't see it happening for Laura B.
12) CALEB - Perhaps I don't have him lower due to sympathy. A decent guy who's playing the wrong game and, hopefully will now realize, is in the wrong relationship.
13) CIERA - She seems to understand the game, but in order for her to go deep she'll need to ride coattails. Only player she's close to is Catie, and she won't be finding any coattails on her.
14) CULPEPPER - I know we've heard it before, but I'll ask it again...He's a lawyer??? Surprised LegalZoom didn't put this clown out of business already.
15) CATIE - Pretty nice rack. Sorry but just trying to find something positive to say about her, because when your 50-year old mom who weighs 90 lbs soaking wet kicks the crap out of you in a test of physical strength/power, there's not a whole lot else to go on.
16) JOHN - Not being able to find the HII with both of those clues and your tribe giving you free rein to go out and search for it is inexcusable. Would be a much more interesting RI duel if only John and Candice were fighting for Survival in the game.
17) MARISSA - When Gervase tells you to tone it down, you KNOW she's going over-the-top. Can't hold her tongue and already has one foot out the door. Her buff has to already be feeling the heat from the urn having to compete against Candice & John in the next duel.
RACHEL - Not her fault she's dating a power player in Tyson. Kudos for sacrificing her opportunity knowing her BF stands a much better chance at winning.
RUPPERT - Devoted husband Ruppert's brief cameo could be used to make a Pre-Cana video. But I'm not in church, nor am I getting married. So good riddance and PLEASE no more Ruppert.
KEEP GOING DOWN>>>
KEEP GOING DOWN>>>
KEEP GOING DOWN>>>
QUITTER) COLTON - Only one I would rank lower is any one of the idiots in Casting who selected Colton to begin with. No one need EVER question, comment, or critique me again when I factually state...
"YOU ARE...WHO YOU ARE...WHO YOU ARE!"