The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-02-10, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
PREVIOUSLY ON SURVIVOR

The adverse conditions and lack of food, water, and shelter have Jeff narrating that this is NOT a game for the "weak." We are also shown the wooden crates containing food and survival supplies (the ding-a-lings decided to surround the campfire with) go up in flames. Perhaps we should have heard Jeff's voice also narrating..."although it is a game for the Dumb." But I guess that criticism is more appropriate for casting/production.

We are also "treated" to a montage of castaways who have contemplated quitting the game. HMMMM...wonder why they would show that???

DAY 28

I usually enjoy being shown the countdown of days played in the game; but his season is bothersome because everytime they show the day we are subjected to see "Libertad" above the number. I don't know about you, but IMHO that's got to be the most stupid and ridiculous merge name ever. And for those who have followed all the seasons, there have been some real doozies.

Coming back from TC, Purple Kelly declares she's got no idea what's going on. Surprise, Surprise! When a girl's Bio states her greatest accomplishment ever is winning Homecoming Queen in HS, it's a wonder she has any idea what goes on in life nevermind the game of Survivor.

NaOnka rants and raves about how Brenda threw her under the bus at TC. She has a message for Brenda, "You didn't make me look bad, B!tch!" No NaOnka, Brenda didn't make you look bad. You do a stellar job making yourself look bad all on your own.

Benry ponders why players can't handle the conditions by asking the question, "Isn't this a RAIN forest?" Yes Benry, it is a rain forest. Unfortunately a "mere" oversight by those who were casting for this season.

Fabio takes a page from "Happy Gilmore" and says the secret to dealing with the adverse conditions is to think of a "mental happy place."

Visions of dancing dwarfs and hotties wearing white garter belts carrying large pitchers of beer come to mind.

When NaOnka wanted to quit premerge, she drew strength from Alina holding her hand and Chase inspiring her about some rainbow that ended up in the back of his pickup truck. But with Alina out of the game and Chase with no more Hallmark movie themes, her decision to quit intensifies. It leads to a one-on-one scene wth NaOnka and Chase where NaOnka hands the HII to Chase because Chase is "her boy." Chase is overwhelmed and states it's the first time he's ever seen the HII. Obviously Chase was never on a tribe with Marty whose HII was on display almost as frequently as Brenda's butt cheeks.

In a confessional Chase says that "her boy" will NOT give the HII back to NaOnka even if she stays in the game.

REWARD CHALLENGE - GULLIVER

Players will do a schoolyard pick to form two teams of four. Each team must carry an oversized and heavy male doll through a series of obstacles. First team to cross the finish line wins. The doll's name is Gulliver. Why? Because the winning team enjoys a private screening of the upcoming movie "Gulliver's Travels" with theater food, i.e., hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, and candy. I guess the network feels if it is unable to salvage a subpar season like Nicaragua, may as well try to promote another remake of the silly story of "Gulliver's Travels." I'm no Siskel and Ebert, but my prediction is this movie bombs as badly as Sash's racial alliance.

The teams are picked. Blue Team - Benry, Chase, NaOnka & Holly. Yellow Team - Fabio, Sash, Kelly & Jane. Understandably Dan is not picked. So he must watch the challenge sitting on a giant, oversized chair. As we watch his knee replacements dangling back and forth we are told Dan picked the Blue Team to win, and if they do, will accompany them on the reward.

The RC starts with both teams having to undo knots and release the ropes that are tying Gulliver on a board. They must carry Gulliver through the obstacles without the doll falling to the ground. From beginning to end the competition is closely contested with both teams enjoying a back and forth lead change throughout the challenge. Jeff does an outstanding job shouting words of encouragement and motivation to spur both teams on. But in the end Benry, handling most the weight of Gulliver, leads Team Blue to victory.

Dan chose correctly and is asked to join the Blue Team. Jeff's comment of "no effort but still enjoys the reward" pretty much sums up Dan's Survivor experience.

NaOnka has something to say. She announces she wants to quit because her bones and joints hurt. Jeff is visibly disgusted. He addresses the other eight and almost sarcastically asks if anyone else wants to quit? Much to his dismay the Homecoming Queen raises her hand. Jeff is distraught. He is beside himself that, not one but, TWO players want to bail. He reminds them it's Day 28 and only 11 more days and a one-in-nine shot at a million dollars.

But there's one more order of business at the RC. Jeff reveals a new tarp and enough rice for 11 more days. If any of the five choose to forego the movie and food, they can go back to camp with the Yellow Team and bring back the tarp and rice to replace what was destroyed and lost by their act of stupidity of building a fireplace with wood.

All eyes are on NaOnka who has pretty much checked out of the game. But she doesn't budge and stays put. Holly then volunteers to sacrifice reward. She says she can have a hot dog anytime, but the tarp and extra rice are needed for everyone. As she joins the Yellow Team she pleadingly looks over at NaOnka hoping for a last minute at of generousity. But NaOnka dosen't budge and stays put.

Jeff then makes an executive decision to give NaOnka and Kelly the rest of the day to think it over and perhaps reconsider their decisions to quit. In reality he's probably buying MB & Co. some time to make a quick call to the National Bone Marrow Registry to find out if another despicable human being who strongarm's handicapped girls, steals food from starving individuals, and is incapable of performing even the most obvious act of generosity actually exists as a perfect match for a marrow transplant procedure for NaOnka's aching bones. It will also give them time to prepare pink slips for the entire casting crew for the inexcusable debacle of casting Purple Kelly to begin with.

Team Blue (+ Dan) heads to a private movie screening, and Team Yellow (+ Holly) heads back to camp.

Holly tells us in a confessional she is extremely displeased with NaOnka and is hard on herself for having "misjudged" her. Hey, don't beat yourself up Momma...just play the edit card and use that as an excuse. Others do.

Team Blue (minus Holly plus Dan) walk into a makeshift movie theater. They chow down the movie food. NaOnka tells us she's "not a fool" and wouldn't consider giving up the reward. Actions speak louder than words as she shoves a hot dog in her mouth so fast the condiments are smeared all over her mouth. Hey, whatever it takes to cover those nasty dark splotches on her gums works for me.

Back at camp Momma Holly has a little one-on-one time with Kelly to try to talk her out of quitting. She tells her how her daughters wanted to quit cross country but she wouldn't let them and they ended up becoming All-State runners. Holly then gives that "Ah-huh" look as if to say, "I think I got to her." Hey Holly, when you go home ask your daughters if the Homecoming Queen in their HS really gave a hoot about their All-State X-C honors? On second thought you won't need to wait until you go home...TC is tonight.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

There is NO immunity challenge. A disappointment to some fans but for the Social Butterflies who watch Survivor, it probably served as their own "mental happy place."

AT CAMP

The rain comes down harder. NaOnka is shivering and looks miserable. Purple Kelly has tears streaming down her face. Fabio looks straight ahead with his blond hair blowing in the wind and appears totally unaffected. But how can this be?

Ah yes...

Dancing dwarfs; white garter belts; pitchers of beer.

The storm gets worse heading into TC.

TRIBAL COUNCIL

As the rain turns into a monsoon the Jury of Alina, Marty, and Brenda are brought in. After a day of inquiries, not surprisingly, no match was found for NaOnka. And the threat of Union intervention from firing an entire casting crew would prove to be a daunting ordeal. So this TC comes down to NaOnka and Kelly's decision on whether to quit. This is the first the Jury has heard about both players seriously quitting.

Marty is appauled. Brenda is holding back from laughing. Alina is about to burst into tears.

As both women explain their reasons for quitting, Jeff tries every attempt of public humiliation saying they will be branded as "quitters" and may as well wear a scarlett letter "Q" for the rest of their lives. Other players chime in...

Benry makes the most appropriate comment at TC, "Winners never quit; Quitters never win." Even Chase, the recipient of NaOnka's HII, turns on her by questioning her decision to go on the reward. Holly recalls wanting to quit on Day 5, but says an inspirational speech from Coach Jimmy and her determination is why she's still here on Day 28. HMMMMM...don't you think the tribal switch, something you had absolutely and totally nothing to do with, had a weeeeee bit something to do with you still being here Day 28??? Buy hey, if you want to be an inspiration to your children and the kids you coach...go for it Mama!

NaOnka and Kelly are unmoved.

Marty is livid; Brenda is laughing; Alina is ready to cry.

So age is not used as an excuse, Jeff asks Fabio how much older he is than Kelly. His answer is one year and he would NEVER consider quitting. But Jeff, with Fabio it has nothing to do with age, and everything to do with...

Dancing dwarfs; white garter belts; pitchers of beer.

NaOnka declares she's proud to be the only Afro-American left in the game. The camera turns to Matt, better known as "Sash," the self-proclaimed mulatto who officially announced himself the "most eligible bachelor in NYC." We all expected a look from Sash as if to say "not exactly NaOnka," but still reeling from the implosion of his racial alliance, all we get is a comatose stare.

Jane gives an outstanding inspirational speech about life, work, putting out your best effort, and making decisions you won't regret.

NaOnka and Kelly are unmoved.

Marty is livid; Brenda is laughing; Alina is crying.

When you think it couldn't get anymore shocking...leave it to NaOnka. She has the audacity to say if not for her decision to quit she would have definitely won this season. I haven't seen Jeff this floored since Billy professed his love for Candice during the first TC in Cook Islands. Even the others at TC are unable to contain themselves.

Jeff has heard enough. Nay and Purple need to make their final decisions. But before doing so Jeff asks what should be done with their torches. NaOnka says "mush" hers. Kelly says snuff it. Jeff has something else in mind. With a last ditch effort of public humiliation he says their torches will be snuffed BUT we remain at TC so for future councils when they arrive as Jury members it will serve as reminders that they quit.

NaOnka is first to make a final decision. She quits. Her torch is snuffed, placed in full view, and told to go. Kelly is then told she now has a one-in-eight shot at a million dollars. Kelly quits. Her torch is snuffed, placed in full view, and told to leave.

The camera scans to the Jury...

Marty is livid; Brenda is laughing; Alina is crying.

In her parting words, I must admit, Kelly deserves a morsel of credit by apologizing for quitting and acknowledging the Jury members who still wanted to be in the game. Think we'll get the same humility from NaOnka??? Not a chance!

She boldly exclaimed she owes NO ONE an apology.

And to think we'll STILL have viewers who will contend that "editing" made NaOnka look bad. Mind-boggling!

NEXT TIME ON SURVIVOR...

We have the makings of a wild west shootout with four different castaways each wanting four different players voted out.

Yes I know this would be a copy job from Big Brother, but if there was ever an episode to show the newly ousted players arrive at the Ponderosa, this would be the one. To see the reception the quitters would get from Marty, Brenda, and Alina would be TWENTY TIMES better than anything the remaining seven could possibly provide.

AHHH, but that would be a decision made by Production...and I'm sure they're too busy finalizing their latest debacle of castaways for an upcoming season.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... Colonel Zoidberg 12-03-10 1
 RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... suzzee 12-03-10 2
 RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... Spanky68 12-03-10 3
   RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... Karchita 12-03-10 4
 RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... Karchita 12-03-10 5
 RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... RollDdice 12-03-10 6
   RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... iltarion 12-03-10 7
       RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... Aruba 12-04-10 8
 RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... michel 12-09-10 9
   RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... Aruba 12-10-10 10
 RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... Dakota 12-10-10 11
   RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summa... Aruba 12-10-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-03-10, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
When you think it couldn't get anymore shocking...leave it to NaOnka. She has the audacity to say if not for her decision to quit she would have definitely won this season. I haven't seen Jeff this floored since Billy professed his love for Candice during the first TC in Cook Islands. Even the others at TC are unable to contain themselves.

When you think it couldn't be put any better...leave it to Aruba. He/she (sorry, not too up on who is what gender here) says it better than just about anyone else could. I haven't seen a line about a quitter this appropriate since Jims02's blasting of Osten in Pearl Islands. Even thos reading the summary are unable to contain themselves.

Awesome summary, Aruba. Just to add to it, another quote for NaOnka:

"This evening, I'm'a take my talents to Ponderosa and...uhh, join the Jury."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-03-10, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
Visions of dancing dwarfs and hotties wearing white garter belts carrying large pitchers of beer come to mind. Seriously I think you got it exactly right.

I googled Fabio's brain and this is what I got:

Charter member of the Sarcasm Society

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-03-10, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
Thanks for the summary, Aruba. Survivor is always stocked with delusional fools. But has anyone ever been meaner, more selfish AND this delusional all at one time?

Agman resized my siggie

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-03-10, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-10 AT 03:13 PM (EST)

As NaOinka would say, she achieved the tri-elephant.

Bouquet by c2p

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-03-10, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
Excellent summary of what is possibly the worst episode in Survivor history.

Bouquet by c2p

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-10, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
Nice summary of a frustrating episode.

I particularly liked Understandably Dan is not picked. So he must watch the challenge sitting on a giant, oversized chair. As we watch his knee replacements dangling back and forth...

And if I had gone to medical school, basketball camp and the NASA space program I would have been an NBA point guard/surgeon/astronaut by now.

NaOnka is deee-lusional.

Bounce or Die by IceCat

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-10, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""

Haha... Awesome.

My "mental happy place" would be slightly different.

I especially loved your advice to Holly to just blame it on the editing. Good stuff.

I also appreciated the mention of Nay saying she was the last Afro-American standing, a somewhat comical backhanded swipe at Sash who told her his father was Afro-American. This, of course, means Sash IS Afro-American, but likely not to Nay, since he isn't "black."

How ironic that you would get to sum this particular episode. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

>

12-04-10, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
LOL...my personal "mental happy place" would be slightly different too. I was trying the copy the scene from the movie "Happy Gilmore." If I was more computer savvy I would put a link of that scene here; but alas, I lack the technical expertise. Sorry.

Anyway thanks to ALL for your compliments. Yes I know it was a terrible episide to work with but as long as production continues to cast a bunch of bozos, writing Summaries worthy of being posted in the Bashers Forum is not a difficult task.

Thanks again to all!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-10, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
I loved your summary Aruba. Great job.

I especially liked the jabs you threw my way and the recurring image of:

"Marty is livid; Brenda is laughing; Alina is crying."

The jury really was like the audience, wasn't it?

I do have to say that picturing Dopey, Sneezy, Bashful and Doc in white garter belts is disturbing. I'd prefer...

miss Nicaragua in a white garter belt but to each his own!

12-10-10, 07:09 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
I wouldn't be jabbing at ya if I didn't luv ya Man!

Great pic. Was wondering if you have that "mental happy place" scene from Happy Gilmore in your vast catalog. Haven't watched that movie in a couple years but recall that scene from memory. Would do wonders putting an image to those words.

Either way, thanks for the comments!

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-10, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
I'm a week late. Or maybe a few days early. Anyway, great summary Aruba. But ........ I understand the white garter belt and pitchers of beer. I'm just having trouble with the dwarfs. Golly, I thought I understood this kind of thing.

Tribe's Creativity Overflowing

12-10-10, 07:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Official RTVW Episode #12 Summary: "Winners never quit; Quitters never win.""
Hey Dakota...

If you never saw the movie Happy Gilmore you won't understand it. When Fabio mentioned a "mental happy place" in this episode he was borrowing the line from that movie.

In the movie when Happy Gilmore (Adam Sandler) was upset or frustrated he would think of a "happy place" that included dwarfs, slot machines paying off every time you pulled the handle, and a woman wearing a white garter belt carrying pitchers of beer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXrRivLdueE

I hope this link works (I'm not that good with computers.)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •