The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

HDTV 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-02-10, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HDTV Click to send private message to HDTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
Ok, i'm sure that this has been discussed before. But why do they show up in bikini's. They get cold, its wet, but they prance around in those thongs things. So Kelly says its wet and cold, and Na (who has a history of bone chilling) wears that rubber band outfit. For crying out loud, shop the L L Bean catalog.
oh I sometimes like those bikini's.

Is there a clause that Survivor has about what you can bring, besides, high heels, alligator shoes and thongs??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... RollDdice 12-02-10 1
   RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... trigirl 12-02-10 2
   RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... Molaholic 12-02-10 3
       RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... Karchita 12-02-10 4
           RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... RollDdice 12-02-10 6
               RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... Karchita 12-03-10 9
   RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... HDTV 12-02-10 5
       RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... RollDdice 12-02-10 7
           RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... foonermints 12-03-10 10
       RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... michel 12-03-10 11
 RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... michel 12-02-10 8
   RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... HDTV 12-03-10 12
       RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... michel 12-03-10 13
           RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... Karchita 12-03-10 14
               RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... Snidget 12-03-10 15
                   RE: My oh freaking why don't they b... iltarion 12-03-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-10, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
Hello HDTV and welcome.

My memory is (and maybe someone can back me up on this) that Executive Producer Mark Burnett (EPMB) has a lot of events before Survivor actually begins. He gathers the participants for interviews, photo shoots and the like.

Then, without much warning, he says "Get in the boat" or helicopter or flying dragon or whatever. That's why contestants are dressed as if they're going a garage sale and they'll be back home in a half hour.

Besides, it's not very dramatic when someone is nice and comfy in their sub-zero, Antartica rated parka.

Finally, bikinis and men's swimsuits = ratings.

Bounce or Die by IceCat

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-02-10, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
Fabio had jeans on yesterday. He apparently has more than one clothing item.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-10, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
If they have all these pre-Surivor events, why is it that in Episode 1 they all need to do the "my name is xxx" routines?

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-02-10, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
My understanding is that they are not allowed to talk or communicate with each other before the game begins. They see each other as they go through various group activities, including orientation and safety lessons as well as the others mentioned above.

Bouquet by c2p

12-02-10, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
Molie was thinking there might have been a pre-Survivor mixer.

Bounce or Die by IceCat

12-03-10, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
Well, a few of these DAWs needed a pre-Survivor shaking, so maybe he was thinking of that.

Or post Survivor shaking. Whatever.

12-02-10, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HDTV Click to send private message to HDTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
>Hello HDTV and welcome.
>
>My memory is (and maybe someone
>can back me up on
>this) that Executive Producer Mark
>Burnett (EPMB) has a lot
>of events before Survivor actually
>begins. He gathers the participants
>for interviews, photo shoots and
>the like.
>
>Then, without much warning, he says
>"Get in the boat" or
>helicopter or flying dragon or
>whatever. That's why contestants are
>dressed as if they're going
>a garage sale and they'll
>be back home in a
>half hour.
>
>Besides, it's not very dramatic when
>someone is nice and comfy
>in their sub-zero, Antartica rated
>parka.
>
>Finally, bikinis and men's swimsuits =
>ratings.
>
>
>Bounce or Die by IceCat

I'd be willing to wager that a snuggie or parka would have more power in the game then a II.

So what you are saying, that almost literally they show up with the clothes on their back for some "event' and because they have been already selected, are sent off. Interesting

12-02-10, 08:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-10 AT 08:35 PM (EST)

Yep. Anyone remember a few seasons ago when the contestants were on deck of the ship in dressy clothes and then Jiffy said, "Jump in the rafts and paddle ashore."?

That was a disaster because nice clothes aren't designed for the rigors of Survivor. Besides, I think some of the women went sans underwear in order to avoid VPL.
It was the Season of the Blur.

Bounce or Die by IceCat

ETA: Because you copied my post in its entirety it looks like I'm talking to myself. (It isn't the first time...)

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-10, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
to avoid VPL.

VaPor Lock?

Handcrafted by RollDdice
I guess it depends on your carburetor.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-10, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
>"So what you are saying,
>that almost literally they show
>up with the clothes on their back
>for some "event' and because
>they have been already selected,
>are sent off. Interesting"

Except that only happened a few times.

12-02-10, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-10 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

Actually, the producers decides what each player will bring on the show even when they don't surprise them with "only the clothes on their back." Look at the tribes and you'll see that the players are dressed mostly in the colors of their tribes. For examples: Look at all the yellow in Foa Foa or the red in Jalapao. I also remember Chris saying that he had brought a regular red T-shirt but that an assistant said it wouldn't do so he cut off the sleeves and turned it into that ridiculous "wife-beater" we always saw him wearing.

Players bring many suitcases of clothes then assistants go through the clothes and decide what is OK, what isn't. Parkas have been allowed in the outback, who doesn't remember:

http://www.averdata.net/~locbaseb/funny/115.htm

I'm guessing that the producers decide at what point do they need the extra clothes and when they don't. In Nicaragua, last summer, I doubt the temperature ever went below 60F, enough to be cold when it's wet, not enough to get really sick.

12-03-10, 10:48 AM (EST)
12. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
Well weather the potential contestents know if they are selected or not. I putting a mandate out there for them. Every interview going forward. carry you own tarp....a glad trash bag, even better one that expands, for your alliance.

Talk about commercial product placement.

12-03-10, 07:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
It wouldn't work. You bring what they let you bring.

12-03-10, 08:02 PM (EST)
14. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
Oh c'mon. I could slip a tarp in my bra and no one would notice.

Bouquet by c2p

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-10, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"
Oh yeah? Well I could hide a...looks down...um...nevermind.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-03-10, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: My oh freaking why don't they bring a parka?"

Personally, the bikinis are a key part of the entertainment for me. I have noted previously that they are getting smaller and smaller though. The guys are also wearing less and less. I'm not complaining. Just noting.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •