The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NaOinka"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-10, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NaOinka"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-10 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

I was going to post this into my SOTS for this week but I couldn't condone inserting my own opinions into it. So, I decided to open this thread to bash, or shall I say, baste, NaOnka. Here goes:

Now, for NaOnka. I was hoping that it would be her boot episode, but alas, it is not to be. Never in Survivor history, imo, has there ever and I hope never will be again, such a despicable person like NaOnka. I have really more than reached my limit with this character and her LACK of character. She has no empathy for her fellow human beings and even uses anothers handicap as a source of disrespect, intolerance, and hatred. Furthermore, she is crude and rude, verbally abusive, and she has no self control. She's a liar, a thief, and probably the most selfish person I have ever seen. I am sorry, but there is no excuse for this kind of behavior from anyone. From here on out I award Naonka with the GLUTTON award, and she shall be referred to as NaOINKa from this day forward. Whoever thought we would miss the days of Coach, when he wanted players that were half as honest and half as bold as him, who cared about their integrity, honesty, and changing this game from start to finish.....sigh. I cannot imagine what could have happened had NaOinka and Coach been on the same season. In honor of NaOinka, loser of the Three Little Pigs O challenge, I hereby award her with her own graphic....one suiting the glutton that she is:

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NaOinka jbug 11-15-10 1
   RE: NaOinka Flowerpower 11-15-10 2
       RE: NaOinka jbug 11-15-10 3
 RE: NaOinka milkachulina 11-15-10 4
   My two cents RollDdice 11-15-10 5
       RE: My two cents michel 11-15-10 7
           RE: My two cents iltarion 11-16-10 9
               RE: My two cents michel 11-16-10 10
                   RE: My two cents dabo 11-16-10 12
   RE: NaOinka Belle Book 11-15-10 6
   RE: NaOinka PepeLePew13 11-17-10 14
       RE: NaOinka dabo 11-17-10 15
       RE: NaOinka RollDdice 11-17-10 16
       RE: NaOinka milkachulina 11-19-10 17
           RE: NaOinka IceCat 11-20-10 19
               RE: NaOinka milkachulina 11-21-10 24
                   RE: NaOinka dabo 11-29-10 33
                       RE: NaOinka milkachulina 11-30-10 34
                           RE: NaOinka dabo 11-30-10 35
                               RE: NaOinka milkachulina 11-30-10 36
                                   RE: NaOinka dabo 11-30-10 37
                                       RE: NaOinka milkachulina 12-01-10 38
 RE: NaOinka michel 11-15-10 8
 RE: NaOinka suzzee 11-16-10 11
 RE: NaOinka Scarlett O Hara 11-16-10 13
 RE: NaOinka Karchita 11-20-10 18
   RE: NaOinka dabo 11-20-10 20
       RE: NaOinka Karchita 11-21-10 23
   RE: NaOinka Flowerpower 11-20-10 21
       RE: NaOinka Karchita 11-21-10 22
       RE: NaOinka image RollDdice 11-24-10 25
           RE: NaOinka image jbug 11-24-10 26
           RE: NaOinka image Karchita 11-25-10 27
               RE: NaOinka image RollDdice 11-25-10 28
                   RE: NaOinka image Karchita 11-26-10 29
           RE: NaOinka image Flowerpower 11-27-10 30
               RE: NaOinka image PepeLePew13 11-27-10 31
                   RE: NaOinka image Karchita 11-28-10 32
 RE: NaOinka jbug 12-01-10 39
 RE: NaOinka KeithFan 12-01-10 40
   I think jbug 12-01-10 41
 Un-freaking-believable Colonel Zoidberg 12-02-10 42
   RE: Un-freaking-believable suzzee 12-02-10 43
   RE: Un-freaking-believable PsychoKitty 12-06-10 45
   RE: Un-freaking-believable RollDdice 12-07-10 46
 RE: NaOinka rjrabbit 12-05-10 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-10, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NaOinka"
I'm bee calling her NayOINKa since she first opened her mouth!
The 3 pigs challenge was just too funny!

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-15-10, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NaOinka"

They probably came up with it after booking NaOinka....btw, anyone is free to use the graphic. Really, I don't mind!

11-15-10, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NaOinka"
As fitting as the graphic is....
I really don't want to look at that face too often

DH has commented several times on how black her gums are when the camera catches her with her mouth wide open - which is pretty much all the time.

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-10, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NaOinka"
Your creation and posting of this "photo" of Naonka reveals that you are exactly the things you hate about her. The reality is that Naonka does not merit this type of behavior from you. You are true class and sophistication in its entirety.

In a post below, someone made reference to Naonka's "black gums." Hmmm, this comment is so interesting. Actually, it's not very interesting at all. Your characters are very much revealed in what you have to say about Naonka. I hope that Naonka does extremely well in this competition. The pain and discomfort it would cause so many of you would bring me a lot of joy!!!

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-10, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "My two cents"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-10 AT 07:07 PM (EST)

milkachulina, welcome to RTVW.

Please note that this section of the website is called Survivor Bashers and we often satirize or mock physical features, accents, perceived intelligence, behavior, game play and other qualities of the Survivor contestants, the host and even the Executive Producer.

I have been a member here for more than seven years and with the exception of Trolls (outside posters who post and then disappear just to stir up trouble) I have not found people here to be prejudiced or cruel. We have the utmost respect for each other and though we may disagree, people here listen to and discuss all sorts of opinions without personal attacks.

I hope you stay and discover this for yourself.

I believe that the photo montage was meant to represent the way NaOnka has been playing the game; she undoubtedly has presented herself as someone who is self-centered, lies, steals, and eats food that is meant to be shared equally.

She's no victim of editing. NaOnka has crafted her own image as a "villain" and I would say that her behavior not only "merits" this type of reaction, but demands it. It's intentional on NaOnka's part. In the world of Survivor, she is someone that contestants want to stay in the game. She has made enemies through her own behavior and would be a logical choice for anyone to take to the Final 2.

Is this a flaw in the game of Survivor? Perhaps. But this type of behavior, week after week, brings out strong reactions from viewers. You might tell people what you respect about NaOnka and her game play and perhaps sway some to your point of view. (Maybe you'll find some people that feel exactly the same way that you do.) That's just one of the interesting things about this forum.

That's my reaction to your comment about the photo montage and my opinion about the general tone of this thread. Others may want to comment about individual remarks, but that's not my place.

Bounce or Die by IceCat

ETF: spelling

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-10, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My two cents"
Great post, Rolldice. The only thing that I'd point out is that RussHole did worse than NaOinka and he was loved by many. I hate them both!

You ask
"Is this a flaw in the game of Survivor?"

I'd say no because she cannot win and, if more people understood Cirie's brilliance, they'd realize that you have to get rid of goats (or pigs!). If you play well, you don't need someone that is so hated. Todd didn't need JeanRoBear.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-16-10, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My two cents"

Other than swearing on the lives of his children, which Nay can't duplicate because she has none, I can't think of anything Russell did that was worse than what she has already done. Keep in mind, Russell did not play the villian at TC. He only did it in confessional. Nay intentionally plays the villian in all forums.

Cirie's strategy of eliminating the goats worked well for HER or anyone in a similar position. If you are in the lead position, ie. Brenda and Sash, bringing the goat along is a smart strategy, though it works better for an F2 than an F3.

>

11-16-10, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My two cents"

>Other than swearing on the lives
>of his children, which Nay
>can't duplicate because she has
>none, I can't think of
>anything Russell did that was
>worse than what she has
>already done.

Mike Borassi collapsed due to dehydration. He could have died according to Mick. That had to be due in part to Russell's stupid (criminal?) sabotage of the water canteens. Nothing Nay did came close to killing anyone.

>Keep in mind,
>Russell did not play the
>villian at TC. He only
>did it in confessional. Nay
>intentionally plays the villian in
>all forums.

What? None of Nay's childish attempts at being interesting at TC were as horrible as Russell's "performnce" at the Samoa reunion. That was the worse case of poor sporstmanship I have ever seen AND it was in real life.

>Cirie's strategy of eliminating the goats
>worked well for HER or
>anyone in a similar position.
>If you are in the
>lead position, ie. Brenda and
>Sash, bringing the goat along
>is a smart strategy, though
>it works better for an
>F2 than an F3.

If you need a goat it's because your social game was lacking. JT didn't need to bring Erinn even if the Tocantins jury hated her. Also, you run the risk of someone stealing your goat! Rob C. brought two goats along so they decided to keep each other! Kelly would be enough of a goat but no one would revolt against you for keeping her.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: My two cents"
She's not a goat, she's a ham. Hamming it up is dangerous, though. You hog all the air time the other DAWs see their 15 minutes cut down to the bone start thinking "No gravy for you!"

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-15-10, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NaOinka"
You obviously didn't see NaOinka push Kelly B. out of the way in an attempt to get the clue for the Hidden Immunity Idol away from the other young woman! I have no respect for NaOinka, not after that!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: NaOinka"

>In a post below, someone made
>reference to Naonka's "black gums."
> Hmmm, this comment is
>so interesting. Actually, it's
>not very interesting at all.
> Your characters are very
>much revealed in what you
>have to say about Naonka.
> I hope that Naonka
>does extremely well in this
>competition. The pain and
>discomfort it would cause so
>many of you would bring
>me a lot of joy!!!

There's a difference between "black gums" (as you typed it) and "how black her gums are" (as how the poster above put it). It's not something I would have pointed out on here, but she doesn't take good care of her teeth.

If you're here to stir up some trouble and hate, we're not going to bite. I did not see anything racist in the original poster's post - we've posted plenty of 'photochops' here of other Survivor contestants in the past, and we've had "Caption this photo!" threads in the past. The pasting of Na'Oinka's face on top of a pig is entirely appropriate with her behaviour of pushing people out of the way to get a clue in a food basket or lying/stealing food on a regular basis without concern for her tribemates.

If you take joy in Na'Onka's behaviour, then whatever floats your boat. As despicable as Russhole was and his antics, he at least explained it as a strategic move. Na'Onka doesn't care about strategy, she just cares about herself, number 1, and screw everyone else.

11-17-10, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: NaOinka"
But you don't understand! NaOnka isn't playing Survivor, she's playing Lt. Bad Girl in a cheap high school dramedy. Just be thankful it isn't a cheap women's prison flick. There really ought to be more girl fights, though.

That is a disturbing photochop. My all-time favorite was when GT wrote "stupid" on Mariano's forehead, wish I had saved that somewhere.

11-17-10, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: NaOinka"
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-10 AT 05:31 PM (EST)

Thank you, Pepe for your excellent explanation and analysis. I certainly wasn't going to bite on a potential GumGate controversy.

And I agree about Russhole. He had a strategic (if misguided) agenda, pulled people into his alliance and was certainly a bad Mamajama when it came to finding HIIs.

NaOnka is a weird hybrid. She talks trash about other players, but never takes a leadership role or thinks more than ten seconds ahead in the game. Sort of a Survivor Memento.

Bounce or Die by IceCat
ETC: leardership to leadership

11-19-10, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: NaOinka"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-10 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-21-10 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

>
>>In a post below, someone made
>>reference to Naonka's "black gums."
>> Hmmm, this comment is
>>so interesting. Actually, it's
>>not very interesting at all.
>> Your characters are very
>>much revealed in what you
>>have to say about Naonka.
>> I hope that Naonka
>>does extremely well in this
>>competition. The pain and
>>discomfort it would cause so
>>many of you would bring
>>me a lot of joy!!!
>
>There's a difference between "black gums"
>(as you typed it) and
>"how black her gums are"
>(as how the poster above
>put it). It's not something
>I would have pointed out
>on here, but she doesn't
>take good care of her
>teeth.
>
>If you're here to stir up
>some trouble and hate, we're
>not going to bite.
>I did not see anything
>racist in the original poster's
>post - we've posted plenty
>of 'photochops' here of other
>Survivor contestants in the past,
>and we've had "Caption this
>photo!" threads in the past.
> The pasting of Na'Oinka's
>face on top of a
>pig is entirely appropriate with
>her behaviour of pushing people
>out of the way to
>get a clue in a
>food basket or lying/stealing food
>on a regular basis without
>concern for her tribemates.
>
>If you take joy in Na'Onka's
>behaviour, then whatever floats your
>boat. As despicable as
>Russhole was and his antics,
>he at least explained it
>as a strategic move.
>Na'Onka doesn't care about strategy,
>she just cares about herself,
>number 1, and screw everyone
>else.

PepeLePew, your statements are problematic. Naonka's gums are not the result of not taking good care of her teeth. Discoloration of the gums occurs in people who have darker skin due to a buildup of melanin in the gum tissue. RESEARCH THIS ISSUE. YOU COULD LEARN SOMETHING (not that you're interested in learning anything). Naonka is a dark-skin woman. Consequently, that may be the reason she has dark gums. Too bad you think I'm here to "stir up trouble." And, by the way, that phrase alone (stir up trouble) is LOADED. You need to think before you type. Really Pepe, you should think before you reply to this. You are coming across very defensive. But, what are you defending? Your hatred of Naonka is suspect, to say the least!

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-10, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: NaOinka"
milkachulina this post is violation of the Board Guidelines Para II in that you have called a fellow poster an 'idiot' and a 'fool'.

II. DO NOT ATTACK OTHER MEMBERS
Personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. Challenging the points of view and the opinions of other members is permitted, but only as long as you can do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without personal attack or insult. If you cannot be tolerant of others' beliefs and opinions, then please avoid introducing, reading or participating in topics that lead to such discussions.

Please edit your post to remove the personal attacks. Failure to do so will result in the immediate termination of your account.

11-21-10, 10:37 AM (EST)
24. "RE: NaOinka"
>milkachulina this post is violation of
>the Board Guidelines Para II
>in that you have called
>a fellow poster an 'idiot'
>and a 'fool'.
>
>II. DO NOT ATTACK OTHER MEMBERS
>
>Personal attacks on other members will
>not be tolerated. Challenging the
>points of view and the
>opinions of other members is
>permitted, but only as long
>as you can do so
>respectfully and thoughtfully, without personal
>attack or insult. If you
>cannot be tolerant of others'
>beliefs and opinions, then please
>avoid introducing, reading or participating
>in topics that lead to
>such discussions.

>
>Please edit your post to remove
>the personal attacks. Failure
>to do so will result
>in the immediate termination of
>your account.

The edits have been made. Though, it is interesting to see what is "tolerated" here and what is not. So sad.

11-29-10, 05:36 PM (EST)
33. "RE: NaOinka"
Hey, milka, this has been hanging out here without a reply for over a week, so this is an unofficial stab at an explanation.

This is a pretty lenient site in some ways, basically the rules establish that posters are tolerated here as long as they follow the rules. It is understood that this site was established mainly as a reality television fandom site, as such it has no other agenda.

Posters here are from not only all over the country but many are from other countries, it is a diverse collection of people with diverse assorted backgrounds, beliefs, et cetera. Differences of opinion do occur, the rules only require that we be respectful of each other when he have disagreements.

That said, there are any number of posters in this forum alone who would decry (for example) racism or sexism or homophobia if they thought someone was posting racist or sexist or homophobic material. Earlier this season there was a (somewhat) heated discussion about the difference between handicapped and disabled.

Anyway, you saw racism in this thread where no one else found it. Was that because it was there but concealed so that no one else could see it? Or did you find it where it did not actually exist? I suspect the latter, and that being as you are a fan of NaOnka your predisposition was to find fault with those here who find fault with her, even to the extent of finding what did not exist.

11-30-10, 12:24 PM (EST)
34. "RE: NaOinka"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-10 AT 12:30 PM (EST)

Hi Dabo. I never expected a reply to the post, as it didn't require a reply.

You allege that I "saw racism in this thread where no one else found it." You go further by stating the following: "being as you are a fan of NaOnka your predisposition was to find fault with those here who find fault with her, even to the extent of finding what did not exist."

Dabo, those are very bold statements that you made. Do you possess supernatural powers that allow you to ascertain my exact feelings about Naonka? What moral and social position titles do you carry that enable you to claim, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that non of the statements made in this thread carry hints of racism? Are you the All Knowing GOD?

Furthermore, can you indicate where I specifically mention the words "race" or "racism" in this thread?

Why did my dislike of the photoshop job of Naonka affect you and others so adversely? I never claimed it was a racist photo.

In my comments I also cleared up some incorrect statements concerning the color of Naonka's gums. FACT: Hyper-pigmentation of the skin may cause darker gums in some people of African descent. FACT: It is wrong to assume that Naonka doesn't "take good care of her teeth" because of the color of her gums. If her gums were bleeding and/or we noticed multiple cavities in her teeth, it would be different.

So, why then are my statements so offensive? I propose that my statements hit off an innate defense mechanism in some posters. There was a huge rush by some posters to declare that they were not racist. Why was that called for? I never levied those charges against anyone.

I say, be who you are. Stand by your beliefs. But, don't feel offended if you're called out for them. Being offended means that you are not convicted of what you say. Dabo, I am convicted of what I say and believe!!!

11-30-10, 01:58 PM (EST)
35. "RE: NaOinka"
Oh, I can easily be wrong about any number of things, not a problem. Are my powers supernatural? Hm, never thought about it really, maybe I should call Stan Lee and try to get on his show.

Anyway, as I break down what happened in this thread, respective of this discussion, one poster made a comment about NaOnka's gums, actually it was repeating what someone else had noted about NaOnka's gums. The initial comment may have been a hygienic observation or simply aesthetic, I do not know. You made reference to that post altering the statement to something that has more of a racial connotation, whether or not that was intentional on your part that introduced the aspect of racism to this thread, others responded to your post in that respect.

With me so far? In this line you educated all of us about "hyper-pigmentation" which is a normal aspect regarding gum coloration in a particular race. Thank you for that education, by the way, nothing whatsoever wrong in that; fascinating what one can sometimes learn on these forums. It is, you will grant, racial in nature.

You concluded above stating it was sad what is tolerated here, simply that, an unexplained dangling "sad" tolerance. Leaving me to ponder what it is you believe is sad.

11-30-10, 04:37 PM (EST)
36. "RE: NaOinka"
Wow. You are convinced that the MEDICAL EXPLANATION that I provided concerning the color of Naonka's gums is racial. I will not “grant you” that this medical explanation is “racial” in nature. That is simply untrue. It is about genetics and human conditions, period.

Again, I believe that the innate defense mechanism has kicked-in for you. Therefore, no amount of rational and intelligent reasoning on my part will be sufficient.

11-30-10, 05:47 PM (EST)
37. "RE: NaOinka"
Discoloration of the gums occurs in people who have darker skin and Naonka is a dark-skin woman and Your hatred of Naonka is suspect (need I go on?) and in some people of African descent. Your words quoted from your posts on this thread. Race is an aspect of this discussion, hence it is racial, I simply observe the fact of it. The "medical explanation" -- genetics, wonderful science -- got no problem with that, complemented you for it. Perhaps I wasn't clear about that: Well done.

You made a reproachment of this site, of what is tolerated here, said it was "so sad." If it is defensive to wonder what you meant by that then so be it, I don't care, let it be defensive then. I still don't know what you meant was "so sad" about this site.

12-01-10, 09:40 AM (EST)
38. "RE: NaOinka"
If have carefully re-read this entire thread. Dabo, please do not so eagerly lump together the terms “Race” and “Racism.”

The concept of “Race” appeals to biologically-based human characteristics (so-called phenotypes). My comments explaining Naonka’s gums were biologically-based and simply related to human characteristics. These concepts are matter-of-fact and can be explored without the negative connotations of “Racism.”

As a social structure, “Racism” is understood to be a product of the systematic allocation of resources, privileges, and rights differentially by race. It is a PREJUDICE that holds unfounded and usually negative beliefs and attitudes about racially defined groups and individuals.

More importantly, “Racism” does not require INTENTION to be perpetuated. So, even if some posters did not INTEND to incite racism on this thread with their comments about Naonka, it doesn’t mean that they were able to avoid doing so.

11-15-10, 09:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: NaOinka"
Too Funny FP! Loved it.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-16-10, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: NaOinka"
Give her some wings.

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-16-10, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: NaOinka"
Agreed! The girl is a pig! One of the worst survivors I have ever witnessed on the show and most likely, she was cast because of her lack of censorship in everything she does. Of course, in my humble opinion, this season's cast ranks at the bottom. But NaOinka takes the cake. What a pathetic and sad individual. I can't imagine that she must have friends irl. And with a friend like that, who needs enemies? She could be my one reason to stop watching altogether.

Will she outlast - yes. As Brenda so clearly pointed out, NaOinka will most likely be taken to the final 2 (or 3) because she does make the perfect F2 partner -- she couldn't buy a vote at the final TC.

All in all, very disappointed that they could cast a wretch like her on the show.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-20-10, 04:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: NaOinka"
A lot of reasonable comments here that I agree with. I also have been around for many years and have not seen racism or cruelty on these boards, just a lot of equal opportunity bashing. I despise NaOnka and I regret that the casting of Survivor has taken a turn to characters who are not mentally healthy. I like the odd and quirky, but people like NaOnka and Russell are disturbing and creepy. I don’t want to watch them for entertainment.

I do have to say, however, that I find that photoshop to be very distasteful. Yes, other Survivors have also been ridiculed, but I see that image as inappropriately disrespectful and dehumanizing. It bothers me especially because it is of a woman of color, who have suffered a long history of mistreatment in our society.

Sorry, FP. Nothing personal. It’s hard to please everyone when it comes to humor.

Bouquet by c2p

11-20-10, 07:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: NaOinka"
It's the grimace, right. Yes, that's practically a sane grimace, not the bizarro Na we've all come to expect. Rather menacing tooth gap from that angle, though, reminiscent of something. Needs a hat, I'd say. Yes right, a hat would top it off rather well. And a pair of socks.

11-21-10, 03:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: NaOinka"
You're right; I think it was the nearly sane grimace. And the proximity of that grimace to pig manure.

Bouquet by c2p

11-20-10, 08:47 PM (EST)
21. "RE: NaOinka"

I have decided to do away with the graphic. I do think that she is a deeply disturbed person, but it is not my intent to be disrespectful and dehumanizing, as she herself has been to practically everyone out there. But, the point is that what makes a person beautiful is their character, and clearly, NaOnka has none...

11-21-10, 03:16 AM (EST)
22. "RE: NaOinka"
I agree with everything you said about NaOnka. I find her conduct repugnant. However, no matter what I think of her, at the most basic level, I still have to respect her as a fellow human being. Your image crossed a line with me, but it was just my opinion and clearly others don’t see it the same way. I am glad that you took it down. Thank you.

Bouquet by c2p

11-24-10, 03:51 PM (EST)
25. "RE: NaOinka image"
I'm sorry you took down the graphic. I understand your point and your sensitivity to others, but I can't help but think that A) we've lost the context for the entire discussion and that B) you've bowed to pressure from one poster.

It was an odd, and in some ways disturbing image, but you felt strongly enough about NaOnka to create it and I support your right (privilege) to PhotoChop and post it.

Bounce or Die by IceCat

11-24-10, 04:04 PM (EST)
26. "RE: NaOinka image"
**like** and agree

11-25-10, 04:24 AM (EST)
27. "RE: NaOinka image"
...you've bowed to pressure from one poster.

Correction: I didn't pressure FP to take it down, nor did I even suggest that she do so.

Bouquet by c2p

11-25-10, 06:18 PM (EST)
28. "RE: NaOinka image"
Correction: I didn't pressure FP to take it down, nor did I even suggest that she do so.

I know. I wasn't thinking of you when I made that comment.

Bounce or Die by IceCat
Want to see some serious snarkiness? Check out the Be The Survivor thresds.

11-26-10, 01:58 AM (EST)
29. "RE: NaOinka image"
I realized that some time after I posted. But in fairness, the other poster who didn't like it didn't ask for the image to be removed, either. FP did it on her own and I was as surprised as anyone.

Bouquet by c2p

11-27-10, 09:36 PM (EST)
30. "RE: NaOinka image"

While the graphic was not meant in any other way other than to label her as I saw her, I understand that it was a disturbing picture. Was it ugly? Yes, but she's a very ugly individual, not on the exterior, but on the interior. She has a horrible lack of sensitivity to her fellow mankind that I can not get past. I'm really disappointed that casting has resorted to this kind of player. While I love when folks do indeed do graphics and photoshops of some of the daws, I posted a rather disturbing picture of NaOnka, and I took it down because it was not my intention to create such vehement reactions from some posters. Karchita did not really influence my decision to remove the graphic.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-10, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: NaOinka image"
I would have had no problem with you leaving the NaOinka image up. Why? It has nothing to do with race but everything to do with what we've seen of her on the show - overeating, stealing food, covering up, lying, etc. at the expense of the rest of her tribe. So, she certainly deserved the NaOinka moniker.

For those of you who think it has something to do with her racial background, consider this -- we had images posted poking fun at Katie during the Palau season where she was portrayed as having gained a lot of weight rather than losing weight like everyone else on the show. Nobody made a peep against these images.

To say that the image pokes fun at NaOinka because she is a person of color, who has gone through mistreatment in society is a disservice to the sharp wits we have here on RTW. NaOinka is every bit as deserving of being mocked in this manner as Katie was during her season, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with race. Sure, I thought it was kinda inappropriate to be poking fun at Katie to call her fat when she wouldn't be considered as such with the general population -- but that's Bashers for you. We aren't racist ... we're equal opportunity bashers here.

11-28-10, 02:36 AM (EST)
32. "RE: NaOinka image"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-10 AT 05:27 AM (EST)

Pepe, just to clarify, I didn't say or intend to suggest that the creation of the image had anything to do with race or was racist. Some may very well see it that way, but I purposefully did not say that. I think FP posted this in the spirit of bashing and good fun that we have enjoyed here for many years. I agree with you that Naonka has been ridiculed here and in other threads because of her deplorable behavior and not because of her race. What I said is that I thought this picture was distasteful and dehumanizing and especially so because the subject was a woman of color.

What I meant is that its effect on me was stronger because of who was being portrayed. It isn't the image per se, but my reaction to it. Imagine an image of a soldier getting shot. Yes, that would be disturbing. Now imagine a baby getting shot. Most people would find it much more disturbing because of who was being portrayed. That isn't a perfect parallel, but it may give you some idea of the difference to me between this image and other Survivors getting bashed. Black women are not babies, I am not suggesting that, nor do they automatically merit special protections, but due to the historic and current disrespect and mistreatment of them in our culture (and other cultures around the world), this image was disturbing. It isn’t that the intention behind the image was racist (I don’t think it was), it’s that the effect on me, viewing it through the lens of history, was much stronger than it would be perhaps if another person was being portrayed.

BTW, I remember that picture of Katie (faintly) and I didn’t really like it either, but I don’t think it was quite as powerful as this one.

This is certainly something about which reasonable people can disagree. As I said above, it’s hard to please everyone when it comes to humor.

edited to fix grammar

12-01-10, 10:37 PM (EST)
39. "RE: NaOinka"
I really don't think there is anything left to say about her............

but I'm sure we'll think of something! LOL

I can't believe she truly thought she still had a chance to win!

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-10, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: NaOinka"
I, for one, am glad you took the picture down. Also, would you please stop calling that woman "NaOinka"?

By doing these things, you do a disservice to our fine friends in the swine family, and they have done nothing to us other than providing us a delicious Christmas ham or two. They are a species with a lot more honor than that creature.

Thank you.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -Ronald Reagan

12-01-10, 11:14 PM (EST)
41. "I think"
*snort*
is quite appropriate here.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-02-10, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Un-freaking-believable"
The spectacle we all paid witness to last night was truly disgusting and one of the few times I have actually finished watching a show and felt physically ill. It's appropriate that I used the word "witness" in the previous sentence, since the last time I felt this ill after watching a TV show? Fittingly, it was on July 8, 2010, one in which another quitter was featured for a self-indulgent hour that never should have seen the light of day, one LeBron James.

Let's recap NaOnka's performance this season - the first four episodes, she was merely a loudmouth who joined in some sort of alliance to get rid of Whitey. I'd call that racist on her part except she seemed to be blindly following orders from Brenda at the time. Fast forward to episode five, in which she's ready to hail the Quit Boat. I'm tempted to give this incident a pass, since she was the second of three potential quitters. I almost thought it was the beach, not her, that was leading the Quit Charge. After all, even Jimmy Johnson said he was miserable the entire time.

OK, so after that, she gets it together - and then, enter the merge. NaOnka channels her inner Russell and deprives the tribe of food - but without the associated strategy. Russell starved the tribe because he wanted to bring them under his command, a strategy previously employed by Stalin, Mao, and Kim Jong Il to great success. The ethics of it are dubious, of course, but at least the idea wasn't without some basis in strategy. That leads us to this point - what the hell was NaOnka thinking, other than that someone apparently upset her, so she lashed out by acting like a spoiled child whose mother took away her favorite toy.

After that, it looked like she might have gotten her act together, and in the next two episodes, she actually displayed some gamesmanship. This is where NaOnka began to realize her full potential. If she could begin to think strategically, she might actually have a shot. NaOnka saying on Night 28 that she had a chance to win was hilariously false. Had she said it at TC on Day 27, she might have had a case - it was a long shot, but it wasn't totally inconceivable. All she had to do was continue to think strategically, play the game, and not act like a spoiled brat.

Well, all it takes is some chilly rain to throw that out the window. All day on Day 28, it's the Spoiled Brat NaOnka Meltdown Show. At first, she wants to quit. OK, I get it. She's anemic, which makes it more painful to be cold and wet. I'm no doctor and know next to nothing about anemia, but my first thought was, "How did she pass the physical for the show?" I'd give a Gufu to the medical staff for letting her through, in much the same vein as they let Mike Borassi through to disastrous results. So she pulls it together for a challenge - something tells me she might be better suited for the Amazing Race, in this case, since she can wear a jacket and rain poncho and most of the game is challenge-based, but then I remembered that they went through Siberia, and I can't imagine anyone wanting to be her partner, so that's out - and then, after the victory, she announces she's quitting.

Begin the real downward spiral. She's going to quit - so Jiffy offers her a golden opportunity to redeem herself. Give up the reward and give the tribe rice and a tarp. I won't deny that she helped earn that reward. But let's not kid ourselves here. Her quit rant forfeited any right she had to it - so in the vein of redeeming herself, a sane person would have said, "The hell with it. You guys go on the reward." If she quits, at least the others got to enjoy the reward. If she doesn't, she's close to full redemption.

So who gets the hero move? Who else but - Holly. The mom of the tribe. Who spends all this time trying to talk NaOnka out of quitting. And feeling great - as well she should after that reward - she heads to the impromptu Tribal Council where, predictably, it's raining. And at Tribal Council, where Jiffy clearly looks peeved because he thought he wouldn't have to do this on Day 28, she proceeds to tell everyone what a great time she had on the reward. Take that, Holly. At least they didn't put her back on the beach before the reward. She might have stolen the rice.

At Tribal, she manages to make herself look even worse with her double-talk - out of one side of her mouth, she's feeling great and says she could win. OK, fine. Confidence is key. Out of the other, she has nothing left and she's proud that she came as far as she did. Again, that would have been like if LeBron James, after completely failing at life in the series against the Celtics, told the media that he was proud of reaching the second round. At this point, there's actually a glimmer of hope that she's changed her mind.

But wait - she's also taken it down a step further and played the race card. That's right - she's the last black person standing. Considering that there were a grand total of two black people on the show, and one ended up voted out post-switch for a food-related offense, one far less incriminating than what NaOnka did, I hardly consider that impressive. I wouldn't even consider it impressive in Cook Islands or Fiji, considering that the black tribe in Cook Islands was cursed by a total inability to work together and the band of black folks in Fiji had two built-in goats who ended up sitting at F3 looking stupid while Earl wiped the floor with them. I'd say NaOnka could have been one of those goats, but the minute she got to Moto beach and found all the stuff gone, she would probably have quit.

So in channeling her inner LeBron, NaOnka decides to quit. Like I said, I haven't been sickened by a statement said on TV since LeBron announced he was taking his talents to South Beach. And at least LeBron said "South Beach" correctly. And he didn't say that Clevelanders should "burm" his jersey the way NaOnka, the Queen of Made-Up Words, asked Jiffy to "smuff" her torch. The fact that she's on a jury who awards someone a million dollars is an affront to the game. It was an affront to the game in Palau when Janu was on the jury, too, but they were a little more constrained by the format at the time - no reason they can't trim the jury to seven now.

I actually hate myself not for defending NaOnka. I will say this to her credit - she's not a dumb woman. There's definitely a brain in her head that probably functions very well. The fact that she chose not to use it, however, is her downfall, and to that, I say good riddance. I couldn't even stand to look at her during Tribal, and that's saying something. Her lame-ass exit speech about how she owes no one an apology? Don't even get me started. Just go away. Forever. Now I understand why her husband left her. And I would look for a new career if I were her - if I had children, I wouldn't let hear teach them how to tie their shoes, let alone trust her with them.

I'd be harsh to Purple Kelly, too, but until last night, I wasn't aware she was on the show.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-02-10, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Un-freaking-believable"
Excellent Colonel.

The look on Dan's face when she claimed the aching joints defense was classic.

Her ex is thanking his lucky stars about now.

Loser.

A Tribe masterpiece

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-06-10, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Un-freaking-believable"
Really well put Colonel! (About Purple Kelly too - the most nonexistent contestant ever!) NaOnka is a rotten excuse for a human being! And how the he%$ did she ever get a job teaching kids?!!!!!! At least "Coach" tried to inspire people with HIS craziness. She is just toxic and I hope her job "went away" as soon as the shows started airing.

I love Webby's interview where she has to keep repeating the questions because NaOnka can't understand them, or refuses to answer them!

The last one is priceless:

Webby: "How were you cast on Survivor? How did you end up on the show?"

NaOnka: "I can't answer that."

Are you Freaking Kidding me!?!!!! That woman is a piece of work! Jiffy was misleading them when he said everyone forgets the quitters. Oh no we don't - we forget the other folks - the players, and hopefully sometimes remember the winners. But we ALWAYS remember the quitters!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

12-07-10, 12:30 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Un-freaking-believable"
Great job, Colonel.

I hope your extra large venti has helped you feel better. You've certainly expressed my feelings and helped me deal with my frustrations with NaNaNaNah HeyHeyHey Goodbye.

Thank you.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-05-10, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: NaOinka"
I think NaOINKa is the most despicable person to ever play Survivor. I think she makes RussHell look like an okay guy. I agree with the others who have said that at least RussHell had a strategy. RussHell was delusional in thinking he was the best player but his delusions can't hold a candle to Na's. There is absolutely no way she could have won this season. I wish she weren't on the jury. I hope they take a look at the rules. Someone who quits the game should not be allowed to decide who gets the million dollars.

I just finished reading RTW's interview with her. She was a jerk to webby (or whoever does the interviews). Good job by the interviewer for not losing patience with her. I couldn't have done it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •