The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-08, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. Each week you have a designated number of votes you may award for Contestant Gufus! Should you notice any Gufus of dangdumbness for noncontestant stuff, these are Production Gufus, a separate category with its very own designated number of votes you may award. Should you wish to exceed your designated votes, these are Honorary Gufus.

This week you have unlimited Gufus you may award. Also, use this thread for Sunday's finale Gufus!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! jbug 12-12-08 1
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! dabo 12-12-08 2
   RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Sunny_Bunny 12-12-08 3
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! dabo 12-15-08 4
   RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! dabo 12-15-08 5
       RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Aruba 12-15-08 17
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Dakota 12-15-08 6
   RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! dabo 12-15-08 10
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Max Headroom 12-15-08 7
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Bebo 12-15-08 8
   RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! LibraRising 12-15-08 14
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Fishercat 12-15-08 9
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Sunny_Bunny 12-15-08 11
   RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! dabo 12-15-08 12
   RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Fishercat 12-15-08 13
       RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Sunny_Bunny 12-15-08 15
           RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Fishercat 12-15-08 16
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! HistoryDetective 12-15-08 18
   RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! qwertypie 12-16-08 20
 RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame! Colonel Zoidberg 12-15-08 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
I'll go obvious.

Crystal & Kenny: No reason to go off on Matty. If he wanted to be upset by the votes he got, let him.
Course you had no idea your arrogance and attitude would turn Sugar against you.
When will players learn that anything and everything they say & do is watched carefully by others out there?

Merry Kiss-mas with Agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-12-08, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Contestant #1 Bob: Way to play to Kenny's ego, good job. On the other hand, not working the situation to get yourself to Final Tribal, you blew it.

Contestant #2 Crystal: Could you have done worse in the immunity challenge? Could you have realized Kenny set you up as the patsy? Well, duh.

Contestant #3 Ken: Way to totally lose control of the game. Way to totally play it as if you aren't still in charge. Some mastermind, you can't even realize when you aren't still in control.

Contestant #4 Matty: Dude, Sugar played you while you were alone together in camp, grow a pair.

Contestant #5 Sugar: Oh, honestly, think of the jury if you want to win this thing, way to make a point of it that you had immunity all along, dumb dumb dumb.

Contestant #6 Susie: Wake up! It's probably too late for that now.

Production #1: The gorilla enclosure was really cool, but hey way to blow the "Earth's Last Eden" concept, those gorillas wouldn't need enclosure in a perfect Last Eden.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Bob. You got so LUCKY. You cya after TC by promising Kenny the necklace if you won it. But then, at RC you win the thing and picked CRYSTAL to go with you?! Jeffy saved your butt by telling you to choose a second person. Had he not done that, and you had lost the IC it would have been your flame being snuffed last night.

Sugar: You go girl! Your "vengence is mine" attitude coupled with your inability to do anything but cry or b!tch at the injustice surrounding you will make you a shoe in for F2 - and second prize.

12-15-08, 01:39 AM (EST)
4. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Sugar: Way to be an undeserving vote-getter at Final Tribal Quit crying, stand up for yourself, you totally played these dumdums!

Ken: Oh, like play Bob like he lied or something when he played you, kudos for the attempt, but in the end admit it is a game, you played Ken.

Randy: Grow a pair. Honestly, why would you vote Bob a mil after what he did to you, dork! Can't you hold a grudge!.

12-15-08, 10:17 AM (EST)
5. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Production: Build a House of Cards! This was the best final immunity challenge you could come up with for deep in the heart of Earth's Last Eden, build a house of cards?

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-15-08, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Right On, Dabo...I wholeheartedly agree!

The last time I saw something this ridiculous on TV was a "Brady Bunch" episode where the brothers and sisters wanted ro resolve some stupid battle of the sexes argument by buiding a House of Cards contest.

If memory serves me correct, Tiger (the family dog) jumps up and knocks down the cards it took them hours to build.

An appropriate ending to this ludicrous analogy would have been that elephant, Matty and Ace had an orgasm over in the middle of the season, to come stomping out and decide the winner.

Sakes Alive!!!

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
1. Sugar, for not giving herself credit for playing the game well enough to get herself to F3. Granted the crying and flip-flopping was kind of a bad thing, but as much as I wanted to slap her silly several weeks in a row, she stayed in the game, didn't have to use the idol and then used it like it was a chocolate chip cookie. You go, girl.

2. Randy for not getting psychological counseling at some point during the last few years. Clearly, you have some problems, although I can understand liking animals better than people, but......no man is an island.

3. Kenny for backstabbing and lying and then being indignant and wimpering when he got played and lied to.

4. Susie for being yet another worthless UTR player who tries to come up with reasons why they deserve the million, when all they did was lay low and not be a threat. If that gets you $50K or $100K, more power to you, but I don't want to see you with the million.

5. Matty, for not being able to start a fire after 39 days.

6. Crystal for making excuses as to how an Olympian could fare so poorly in physical challenges. I still don't see what the problem was.

Production: Kudos to Production for NOT doing a pole standing competition. I agree with Dabo about the Earth's last Eden thing, but then that's my complaint -- the whole season needed a little more of a spiritual/Eden spin.

My thanks to Dabo for once again hosting the GUFU Awards and inspiring me with witty and on-the-money weekly color commentary.
Arkie does it artistically

12-15-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Contestant: Matty: have to agree, if you can't light a spark after 30some days, what were you doing out there?

Production: For casting Randy in the first place. Hey, don't get me wrong, I am as antisocial as the next guy, but at least I know how to work the system.

Production Again: What, you couldn't have fed at least one of the jury a decent question to ask the finalists? Really, the run-up to the final vote, tremendously anticlimactic and boring.

Bo-Ring!

I actually dozed off and don't know where they're going next.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Sugar: For challenging Amanda's two-time claim to the worst Final TC performance ever.

Kenny: For being bitter at Final TC about being served a large dish of his own medicine. Of all people, he should know it's a game.

Matty: For having an IQ less than a houseplant. Since he couldn't put together two coherent thoughts, someone else had to do the thinking for him. It's doubly embarrassing that his "thinker" was a 22-year-old pinup model.

Crystal: For teaching Randy to use his outside voice during TC votes.

Susie: For trying to imitate Sandra Diaz-Twine's "I'll vote for anyone except me" strategy. In addition to not being original, the strategy also didn't work.

Bob: For being too deferential at Final TC. Speak up about the strong game you played!

Agman 2008

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
The jury: Would you like some cheese to go with than whine? Seriously the most reptilian useless bunch of jurors. 'Cept Charlie. Wasn't sure what I thought of his question to Bob, until Bob handled it so well.

The final three: Folks, you were trying to win a million, at least act like it when you're answering the jury.

Special GUFU to Matty: Dude, fire is life. You did a crappy job when firebuilding was the IC, and you couldn't even light a spark before the Towering Inferno erupted next to you when your game life depended on it. After all of these Survivors, Jiffy shouldn't have to face the camera and instruct potential contestants to learn how to make a fire!

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-15-08, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Ha, I wasn't sure what to make of Charlie's question to Bob, either, but his response made me pretty sure it was a joke between them, as he'd obviously already decided his vote at that point.

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-15-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Finale

Kenny: The ego got too big, though to his credit (unlike most of these other numbskulls) he realized it. I have no illusions that Suzie was actually going to go home, and Sugar's crying statement over thinking of challenge threats to her unwinnable finale confirms it as such, but he just got too cocky. I would grill him for not going to Suzie and trying to turn it, but the only person who strategically made sense to switch would be Sugar, and she wanted them out.

Bob: Hard to gufu a winner, but I will. Everyone knew Kenny's ego size at that point, therefore you must pull a Jean-Robert in your explanation to him on the jury, namely, admit that you played him and say it was because he was a big threat. You don't need to stay on high moral ground with the Kota 4, and Kenny's vote was probably the only truly open one on that jury (as evidenced by he being the only one who would have voted Susie, then Matty in the two situations). Maybe he would have respected it, maybe not, but if he was willing to vote for someone who backstabbed him (Matty), then he would have been willing to vote for Bob in the right situation. Bob didn't present it and tried to maintain his BS deal (he played it exactly right with the necklace, the explanation is the problem). He could have secured a comfy win there as opposed to a nailbiter.

Sugar: The entire episode was one massive trainwreck.

Matty: For the crap people give Suzie for doing nothing, she won two more individual immunities and made one more huge strategic move than Matty did the entire game. Amazing what an edit as "the good guy" will do for someone.

Kota 4: STFU. The fact that Randy's the second most redeemable out of that group is appalling.

12-15-08, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Sigh. Where to begin?

The Jury: Wow, that had to be the most pathetic TC p!$$ and moan session ever. It was the biggest show of sour grape, bad sportsmanship and playground whining I've ever witnessed in survivor.

Sugar: The obvious response to all of them would have been - because of me you are all sitting there. Like it or not I outwitted and outplayed all of you. Like ME or not, I should win the million. You decided for whatever reason to be a trainwreck of emotions and stupidity, when being blunt may have made you the winner.

Susie: Do you realize this morning that your inability to sthu at camp with your "I don't believe its!" and constantly niggling Bob gave sugar the idea to turn the TC into a tie, giving Bob a second chance at F3?

Kenny: Here's the reality, sweetie. 1. Bob offered the necklace deal at one tribal council. He never, ever said he would do it a second time. 2. You seem to think that his deciding not to toss himself on the alter of your blindside was bad form on his part. Get over it already.

Oh, and for the record Kenny, you did NOT get blindsided. Blindsided means that you had no idea what was coming. (like Randy and the fake II) You whined and pleaded so long at TC that there is NO WAY you didn't know what was coming.

Matty: When Bob went off and practiced fire making, why didn't you get a clue and practice yourself? Million $ mistake sweetie.

Corinne: Wow, those sour grapes must have really made your stomach hurt to have produced all the bile you were spewing last night.

Randy. Um. Well you are Randy. Nuff said.

12-15-08, 02:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Have to agree, Kenny was not blindsised. His pathetic attempt to work Bob to save his sorry arse was, however, a teeny bit amusing. But mainly pathetic.

12-15-08, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Kenny: Here's the reality, sweetie. 1. Bob offered the necklace deal at one tribal council. He never, ever said he would do it a second time. 2. You seem to think that his deciding not to toss himself on the alter of your blindside was bad form on his part. Get over it already.

Oh, and for the record Kenny, you did NOT get blindsided. Blindsided means that you had no idea what was coming. (like Randy and the fake II) You whined and pleaded so long at TC that there is NO WAY you didn't know what was coming.

I think you're combining two separate experiences here. Following the F7 TC, when Bob and Corrine failed at Fake Idol #2, Kenny wrangled the promise out of Bob with a guilt trip. The deal "changed" over the course of that episode (whether you take Kenny's side that he decided when he was in danger or Bob's side that Bob decided when he was in danger, I go for the former), but it was still for the F6 Tribal Council. He was begging for the idol entirely to take out Bob, and he was blindsided by Crystal going as they thought Matty was the target (Crystal's reaction to Sugar seems to confirm that). Not that it mattered, Bob wasn't going anywhere. But it was a blindside and it was bad form. Right move (probably, if he didn't know if he had majority), wrong form.

In the F5 TC where he went, he was blindsided based on what we saw. He was sure they were voting out Susie because Matty and Sugar told him explicitly so. That was the definition of a blindside.

From that point on, Kenny realized he wasn't getting it and I don't think he seriously tried to.

I don't think Susie's was that much of an error. She got closer to beating Bob (4-3) than she would have with Matty (5-2).

12-15-08, 03:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-08 AT 03:52 PM (EST)

It may be that we are interpreting it differently.

Yes, during Thursday's episode, Kenny guilt tripped Bob into the necklace promise. That was blindsiding Crystal, not Kenny. (YMMV, but while it destroyed Kenny's plan and his alliance, it was Crystal who was blindsided, because she got sent to jury.)

During last nights episode Kenny AGAIN was trying to guilt Bob into the necklace, which resulted in Bob telling Kenny to get his own. At TC last night, Kenny clearly tried to lead the jury to believe that the necklace agreement was still in effect, but Bob blew that out of the water by telling them about Kenny's plan to get the necklace then turn around and kill Bob off. My argument is that Kenny never should have assumed that the necklace agreement was in effect for the remainder of the game. Bob never said that it was.

Matty and Sugar may have told him so, but he spent almost all of his time whining about the necklace pact, and pleading to stay in the game. That says to me that this guy was pretty sure that his chips were down. If you expect it, that isn't a blindside.

As for Susie: after seeing the reunion we know that Matty would have beaten Susie and Sugar had Bob been the one voted out. But Susie didn't know that at the time, and her failure to just keep quiet at camp created a situation at tc that didn't have to occur.

ETF my siggies

12-15-08, 05:44 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
I didn't see a whole lot of begging in the F5 portion. He did mention it once when Bob told him to get his own, but TC's are multi-hour conversations where anything and everything will come up, including significant past events. If he was that confident of his going, he wouldn't have explicitly said at tribal "I feel safe tonight" and I think you're way overblowing his focus on the necklace at the F5 TC. The main point of his F5 comments was to bash us over the head with "OMG HE'S COCKY, WATCH HIM FALL FOR THE LULZ", which they did well.

Considering he explicitly thought he was safe, I think this is a safe one to call a blindside (and his two person alliance was blindsided last episode). He would have been far more resigned over it if he knew he was going.

As for Susie, even agreeing that foreknowledge isn't truth, it's not so much a Susie gufu unless she genuinely wanted Matty/Sugar/Herself in the finale over Bob/Sugar/Herself, which she might, but she had to realize that it just worsened her chances because instead of an ally going to the jury, it could be a neutral-enemy type.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Jiffy: For telling Corinne not to use "production speak" or to talk about editing much at all. You're right, Jiffy, viewers just would not understand that. Besides, there's no man behind the curtain. And, please, Jiffy, lay off the botox and the Just for Men.

"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all our citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization." --- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 9 January 1940

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Just For Men? I think you are being too kind. I was thinking Tana Self Shining Liquid Wax black shoe polish.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-15-08, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S17 Gufu Award: Endgame!"
Hmmm...where to start...where to start...

#1: All three finalists playing Hot Potato with the jury votes. Susie muttering "I tried, and that's all that matters." Sugar firmly clutching her throat with her own hands - the last time I saw a choke job that bad was...well, Fans vs. Favorites, courtesy of Mrs. Ozzy Lusth. Bob admitting that Sugar dragged him along and that he hardly made any strategic moves.

#2: Corinne. The only thing I would ever vote that woman is a damn muzzle. And I would only give her that vote if she promised to move to a remote part of Siberia and never contact anyone again.

#3. Charlie. No, Bob doesn't swing that way, either. Unless you were asking an off-the-wall jury question on purpose...in which case, Natalie did it first...err, wait. Big Tom did that first. And best.

#4. Randy. You're a grown man. The mohawk is a bad idea. Take it from Lex, who's almost as big a jerk as you.

#5. Matty. Next time, rehearse your jury question so you don't look like you're reading from a teleprompter. I'm sure if that thing has read, "And I'm Matty Whitmore. Go fvck yourselves, America," he would have read it. Yeah, he's a nice guy. Just no public speaking skill. That and most adults would have switched to calling themselves "Matt" by his age, unless he's trying to distinguish himself from Matthew von Machete Guy from Amazon.

Production: Probst, don't scare us into thinking Susie was going to win. It's not funny. Seriously.

Also: Survivor: Tokencheese? Why not "Survivor: Brazil"?

And while we're on it: Bob said he gained weight while on the show. I know he's an effing stick-man, but come on.

Zoidberg gufu: For the third season in a row, I picked the winner wrong - I had Sugar taking it...well, sort of; I waffled between her and Bob.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •