The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sugar vs. pointless vengeance."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-08, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sugar vs. pointless vengeance."
Try it from this perspective for a few seconds.

Sugar's been edited to play the game as an emotional whirlwind: who offended my moral sensitivities last? Who just talked to me? Can I get someone to clean my buff? Then that's where my alliance loyalties lie tonight!

But as was noted for another player in a place far away, nasty things happen to anyone who ticks her off...

Consider a few of the results. Sugar becomes convinced (even momentarily) that Ace is trying to control her, and Ace leaves on a standard-issue blindside, extra pain, please.

Then we have Randy and the use of the fake idol. Vicious little Council, wasn't it? Randy's interview told us they were laughing at him all the way through, to the point where he knew the idol was a fake long before he brought it up. Sugar's group had majority: there was absolutely no game-need to make Randy play the thing -- except to humiliate him. Humiliation is fun, isn't it? But unlike Ace, this one moved to the jury, and that anger is being saved up. And Randy gets to talk it all over with Marcus, Charlie, and Corinne, who don't quite seem to love Sugar either.

And last night? You could argue that the Inexplicable Olympian was removed by the Unnecessary Idol. Did Sugar know for a rock-solid fact that she had majority for Crystal last night, or was she trying to stop a last-second swing by anyone? (Most likely Susie.) If it's the later, then the idol passing play is strategy that ultimately wasn't necessary: your alliance is solid for the moment, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. But if Sugar knew she had four, then you could argue the idol was another occurrence of her favorite game tactic: take insult, add lots and lots of injury. I'm not letting you go 4-2: you're leaving on 4-0.

Sugar may like the revenge play. Sugar may be borderline-addicted to the rush of it. And the result of all that demi-cinematic TC drama is that a lot of votes against her are sitting on that jury -- with possibly one or two more to come.

A drama queen who wants drama to happen to other people. A petty dictator giggling in the very public spotlight as her subjects die at her feet.

This is not necessarily a nice person. And right now, this is not our winner.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance. suzzee 12-12-08 1
 RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance. realitytvfan07 12-13-08 2
   RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance. garcor 12-13-08 3
       RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance. realitytvfan07 12-13-08 6
 This week made sense. udg 12-13-08 4
   RE: This week made sense. Jims02 12-13-08 5
   RE: This week made sense. Fishercat 12-15-08 8
 RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance. Dakota 12-15-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-12-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance."
A drama queen who wants drama to happen to other people. A petty dictator giggling in the very public spotlight as her subjects die at her feet.

This is not necessarily a nice person. And right now, this is not our winner.

Well put, she had been spoken of by others as high maintenance, spoiled, demanding and didn't she refer to herself as the Queen at some point in a confessional? With Jeff pointing out how Kenny the King could get injured could the Queen be next?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-13-08, 02:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance."
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for this post. Very well said.

I admit I enjoyed the Randy boot but at the end of the day it was designed to be as humiliating as possible. Sugar passing the idol to Matty even though she knew he didn't need it was definitely not the actions of a "good guy". I don't know if she was trying to guard against a possible flipper but her words as she handed Matty the idol, "Get rid of this thing for me. Will you?" sounded pretty arrogant to me and seemed to be more theatrics designed to get back at somebody who she feels wronged one of the "good guys".

What I found most interesting about the Crystal boot was that Crystal never wronged Sugar. She didn't even wrong Matty. Sure she yelled at hiim but Matty is no shrinking violet. He took care of himself. Also, Matty was gunning for Kenny/Crystal and K/C were gunning for Matty that seemed to be out in the open. Both sides knew where they stood with each other.

I believe Sugar voted out Crystal to bust up that alliance so she can take Crystal's place. I think she is playing everybody with her supposed reason of wanting to save the "good guys". When she was crying to Matty about wanting to be one of the good people it seemed so fake to me. Sugar's playing the game. If she isn't careful, though, the game might play her.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-13-08, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance."
Think she really is very emotional and its not an act. Wouldn't Sugar have been better off, if she believes she has a tight final three alliance, getting rid of Matty rather than Crystal, who's offended a few people herself and contributed little.

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-13-08, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance."
My point is she busted up that alliance so she can take Crystal's place. She told Matty she was in an alliance with Kenny not Crystal. So Crystal got the boot because Sugar thinks she is solidyfing her alliance with Kenny.

She MAY be a truly emotional person. I don't know because I don't know her personally but in the context of this game I think her motives are much more self-serving than they appear to most.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-13-08, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "This week made sense."
Bob promised to give Kenny the idol if he thought Kenny was at risk. The only way to get out of giving it to him WHILE KEEPING HIS WORD was to know that Kenny wasn't at risk. That's exactly what happened. Sugar went after Crystal, because she couldn't go after Kenny, period. If she did, Bob was honor-bound to shield him this week. Sugar decided to bust up his alliance, leaving Kenny vulnerable next week, unless she realizes that Kenny has ticked off a lot more people than Bob has, and she probably can't win vs. Bob, so maybe she should stick with Kenny and hope the jury sees her as the lesser of evils.

I think Sugar's best F3 bet is Kenny/Susie/Sugar, with Kenny being "worse than me" and Susie being a worthless do-nothing who doesn't have any actual *friends* on the jury. That's Kenny's best F3, as well, and if the two of them realize it and neither Bob nor Mattie win the critical IC's, either of them could win it all with a half-way decent performance at the final TC.

So, while her long term strategy may not have been all that solid (better than Randy's by far), this week's move wasn't a bad one, IMO.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-08, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This week made sense."
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-08 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

I think Sugar's best F3 bet is Kenny/Susie/Sugar, with Kenny being "worse than me" and Susie being a worthless do-nothing who doesn't have any actual *friends* on the jury. That's Kenny's best F3, as well, and if the two of them realize it and neither Bob nor Mattie win the critical IC's, either of them could win it all with a half-way decent performance at the final TC.

That's where I have a problem with this move by Sugar. Even in a Kenny/Susie/Sugar F3, she still loses to Kenny. Kenny would likely pickup Crystal, Corinne, and probably Randy for sure. He might not get Charlie's vote (the homophobia thing), but there's a decent chance he'd get Marcus.

Frankly, the only way Sugar even had a shot at winning is if she went to the finals with Crystal and Susie. Her only chance now is to pray for a Final 2 instead of a Final 3.

Of course, from what I gather from her, she's not really in it to actually win the game. She strikes me as someone who would be happy to finish 2nd or 3rd.

Pooky is the Mole.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-15-08, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This week made sense."
The problem with that is that there are only really two jury people who probably care if Kenny was lied to about Bob's "deal": Kenny and Crystal. With those two, and I'd think anyone slighted by that decsision, this whole act by Bob just doesn't play (I think Ken/Crystal's votes for Susie pan that out).

Bob has no honor in the game on this issue, and that's perfectly fine. If he did, he wouldn't be making up fine print on the bottom of an oral contract stating that there was a dual-protection pact (there wasn't) and he would have resolved who decides if Kenny is in danger (Kenny thought it was him, Bob thought it was him). If Bob was truly bound to shield Ken, he would have given Ken the necklace, taken the two votes, and vote out Crystal or Kenny 4-2.

They could have just as easily booted Kenny and had just as dirty a moral sheet on this one.

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sugar vs. pointless vengeance."
Isn't there something called a cage fight? This could make for a good post Survivor cage fight. Like Soozin and Kelly.

Arkie does it artistically

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •